Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

NienNunb posted:

Who’s the best Shenmue NPC

Goro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

https://youtu.be/ftxS-Oa-LrA

Shenmue.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fighting looks cool as hell. Cunning of them not to show Ryo speaking

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Shenmue 3 is free on Epic today.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybkgsZU18sk this looks sick

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It rules that they even have Mark the forklift driver exactly as he is in the game. Shenmue ftw

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://twitter.com/CombyLaurent1/status/1527027685452615681

yu suzuki rocks

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

I’ve been watching the anime and it’s pretty good but they made Nozomi look too different. I genuinely thought she was supposed to be a new character for the whole first episode. Ryo is a bit more stern/cocky then I imagine him to be but I wonder how much of that is because of the game’s dub. Also, this thread is making me want to actually play 3. I just saw so much negative stuff that I decided to preserve my love of the first two games but maybe it’s time to give it a shot.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

holefoods posted:

I’ve been watching the anime and it’s pretty good but they made Nozomi look too different. I genuinely thought she was supposed to be a new character for the whole first episode. Ryo is a bit more stern/cocky then I imagine him to be but I wonder how much of that is because of the game’s dub. Also, this thread is making me want to actually play 3. I just saw so much negative stuff that I decided to preserve my love of the first two games but maybe it’s time to give it a shot.

Shenmue III loving owns brother.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

In Training posted:

Shenmue III loving owns brother.

Yep.

I didn’t like what I’ve seen of the anime too much. It’s too liberal with the story beats for my liking, which I’m sure is necessary at some point to make a compelling show. I hope it was successful though.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

holefoods posted:

People just can’t handle how cool Yu Suzuki is

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Remembering bonking your head on the table sneaking into the warehouse district and having to dive to catch the torch

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

What I like about Shenmue’s QTEs that a lot of games after didn’t really get was that not only do the buttons during them usually correspond to the type of movement they do in gameplay, but they were malleable. Like you could miss an input, get smacked or whatever, and then a different prompt would come up for you to recover with. Sometimes failing them was valid and would lead to different scenarios. It all felt very well realized and implemented. Also they were well choreographed so it was actually fun when they happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
e: nm

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 20:27 on May 31, 2022