Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hell yes. It’s insane to me how much unique dialogue villagers in Dobuita have even about a quest even when they’ve nothing to do with that quest line. I really like Ryo’s dream of Lan Di just doing Kung Fu in the dark, feels like something you’d only get in a game with a very specific creator vision.

Hiya Ryoooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Me finding another bizarre detail on Shenmue or interaction like waiting for the bus

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I like that you can find the police phone number but if you dial it ryo hangs up and says it’s for him to deal with lol

Also that era of menus owned not this slick Ux poo poo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

I missed the bus once bc I was looking at my phone waiting for it to show up and realized gaming peaked 21 years ago.

Agreed

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Japanese developers are simply lightyears ahead of westerners

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Goro became a good guy after facing Ryo’s fists of justice

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The Christmas set up is cool as hell too and you can meet a Santa at night going home

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/emmyoksa/status/1256925379316637696?s=21

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

I don't really understand how the hell im supposed to be finding the mad angels in the harbor. Everybody says the same thing every day and there's no end in sight to these crates

You’ve five days of work to do and just go around chatting in the evenings and lunch breaks

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lol ya

There’s five days of work with an event each day so you can repeat days if you miss the event and tour next day will play out the same. This never happened me but it can happen. If you ever have two possible routes for stacking crates just alternate them

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

In Training posted:

Ok thank you for the advice all. It turns out that I played the Route 2 day 3 times over bc I was hitting the quota and then playing Mario maker until the shift ended. I wasn't triggering the cutscene bc it happened at like 330 in the warehouse. I got punished by the game for being lazy on the job lol.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Taking a different position in the forklift race each day to get all the forklift gacha

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Just got to the guest house too. Spent 10 mins buying lighters before progressing so I could get a trophy. Need to remember all my sick moves for the next fight with punks.

Joy sucks compared to Nozomi

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Got shenmue loving rules

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lmfao that owns

Gonna do the day per day thing too. Just wrapped day 1 last session.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

elf help book posted:

imagine doing one stealth warehouse attempt per day

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lol

Played more of two today looking for Lishao Tao. I really like random strangers telling you they’ll lead you places, works really well. Joys music rocks

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Thinking about him again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRnT7VwQiNo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ty gamer :hai:

Also lmfao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Is he voicing Ryo in 3?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

man nurse posted:

Yeah he reprised the role and is as pitch perfect deadpan as the original games

Lmfao hell yes. Need to finish 2 soon

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Looking good brother

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Catch a big one! Earn more Yuan! Show me the money!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Replaying the first game as intended now that I got the Dreamcast hooked up visiting at my parents . Honestly crazy how good it looks

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I thought the seller had sent me two copies of Shenmue and shenmue 2. Turns out they both come on four discs. Yu Suzuki is a madman

Holds up super well tbh and the Dreamcast controller is quite frankly a masterpiece

net cafe scandal posted:

Nice sneakies.

Ty

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Also Ryo’s dream early on of Lan Di doing cool fighting moves in the dark while sweet music plays is a distinctive choice tou simply wouldn’t get in modern gaming imho

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Wearing shoes inside is loving deranged.

I was visiting my parents and playing with the dogs outside, get a loving grip. Your demon wife rules your life with an iron fist not mine!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fighting looks cool as hell. Cunning of them not to show Ryo speaking

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It rules that they even have Mark the forklift driver exactly as he is in the game. Shenmue ftw

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

holefoods posted:

I’ve been watching the anime and it’s pretty good but they made Nozomi look too different. I genuinely thought she was supposed to be a new character for the whole first episode. Ryo is a bit more stern/cocky then I imagine him to be but I wonder how much of that is because of the game’s dub. Also, this thread is making me want to actually play 3. I just saw so much negative stuff that I decided to preserve my love of the first two games but maybe it’s time to give it a shot.

People just can’t handle how cool Yu Suzuki is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Remembering bonking your head on the table sneaking into the warehouse district and having to dive to catch the torch