Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Android Apocalypse posted:

Looks like next month's shooting challenge is ready to go:
https://twitter.com/kig043030/statu...4089709568?s=20
Target to be printed at 8.5" x 11" size.

Pretty straightforward: one in the COVID-19 head, one each in each circle. One point each hit (line breaks count). Any hit on the hostage and you fail, including if your hit on the COVID-19 head is on the edge.

Distance will be 5y for airsoft gun, 10y for pellet/anything else.

Let's see who's John McClaine...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObfmpPoGrGs#t=155s

...and who's Jack Traven.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39PmMJAxhXE#t=57s

Android Apocalypse fucked around with this message at 15:58 on May 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

Target to be printed at 8.5" x 11" size.

Pretty straightforward: one in the COVID-19 head, one each in each circle. One point each hit (line breaks count). Any hit on the hostage and you fail, including if your hit on the COVID-19 head is on the edge.

Distance will be 5y for pellet/airsoft gun, 10y for anything else.

Are there time constraints or anything? I have a feeling a bunch of people are going to shoot clean or close to it if the distance for pellet rifles is 5 yards. Maybe BB/airsoft and pellet pistols at 5 yards, and pellet rifles and everything else at 10?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Sure. If you think your pellet rifle is accurate enough let's make it 10y.

Edited OP.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Sure. If you think your pellet rifle is accurate enough let's make it 10y.

Edited OP.

I approve of this, just because my pellet rifle is hilariously inaccurate and I look forward to earning a tasty treat as a result of putting one in the head of little Ms TP there.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

The wife wanted to try out her new Piexon JPX pepper blaster, so why not kill two birds with one stone, so to speak?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Threat subdued without loss of hostage's life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cySKHPqIjw#t=92s
Congrats on following Directive 2.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Missed April's, had to get in on May's.
Range was probably 12 yards with my new Artemis SR900S pellet rifle (22). Scope's not perfectly dialed in, but this was fun anyways. Haven't had enough trigger time for ages.
Shots are labelled in the order they were taken.

Going to play again this weekend and see if I can get it zero'd correctly, but I'm happy.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Nice job. COVID-19's neutralized, the hostage lived, and a couple targets were hit.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Did an untimed run with an airsoft Glock 17, and then did a run at a pace of one shot per second (six second par time). Got the same score both times - 5/6 hits.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

infrared35 posted:

Did an untimed run with an airsoft Glock 17, and then did a run at a pace of one shot per second (six second par time). Got the same score both times - 5/6 hits.

CO2 operated?

I still need to find a place in my condo without flatscreens or birds to do this.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Captain Log posted:

CO2 operated?

I still need to find a place in my condo without flatscreens or birds to do this.

That one's a blowback gun, powered by green gas or equivalent.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Went out into the woods near Astoria and got to do this drill with my Glock 19 Gen 5. I took off the compensator because the Safariland 6354DO I recently traded for was for a Glock 19 instead of a Glock 34 like my last one.

Untimed, 10 yards out.
1st string was with my irons, 2nd & 3rd were with the RMR turned on. Order was COVID-19, upper left, lower left, then right targets clockwise. 1st string got pretty close to the hostage & wasn't a kill shot per se. 2nd string had that wild flier into COVID-19's shoulder.

Considering last time I was shooting my Glock I was consistently 4-5" down, this is a marked improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 9, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

I only have 8 yards in my basement "range" so I scaled the target appropriately & printed at 80%
Shot with pellet pistol and red dot. This thing again:

I did really well! The top right looked like a hit but that's just the paper tear. 5/6
Highlighted the hits in green.

I also made this version but somehow it came out MORE creepy not less.

The Eyes Have It fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 28, 2020