Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
May Oath Complete!

One Orcus the Goat Demon Lord!

Claiming Flying Start, wings included.

Fun project! This was one of the first Reaper minis I bought a couple years ago, but didn't know quite what to do with since it wasn't quite my idea of Orcus. But recently I bought an airbrush and thought this guy would be a good place to start, which I used for the base coat.

Designed him based on an image of a cute little goat with the brown/white spotted pattern. But I turned that pattern into a horrible demon skin, cause that's the kind of guy I am!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Almost forgot to post, took the picture - I Weirdo Oath one Victorian Witch by Bad Squiddo Games, 28mm.

Foster cat investigates

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete! Not the best lighting, and could use one or two fixes, but it's a Katerina Saburov from Pathologic.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

Claiming flying start for the wings.

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!
Oath Complete! ... a bit over the wire... I hope it still counts.

Claiming A Flying Start for the Star Spawns.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK Folks, May is over, onwards to:

quote:

June: Hello, me - Paint a pair of similar models that represent the same character. They could represent different points of their career (e.g. low level vs high level adventurer), alternate universe counterparts, or different scale versions.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I, Grizzled Patriarch, Oath for the Month of June: 1 Mocking Beast by Reaper Miniatures and 1 Mimic by Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint this Knight (Citadel!) and his red horse (GW) for June!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, oath two reaper halflings for June

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath five different versions of Hellboy for June (all from Mantic's board game)

That's regular, horned, luchador, pancake hellboys, plus the bust.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
I, Galaspar, oath for June a Foul Blightspawn, a Nurgle Sorcerer, three Plague Marines and a Space Marine, all by GW

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for June:

Two Fusiliers HMG, 28mm, Corvus Belli.

edit: slightly better pic

Cat Face Joe fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jun 6, 2020

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of June, 5x Bat Swarms & 5x Witches for Hellboy the boardgame by Mantic Games.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for June:

A big Sigmar statue and two braziers from GW, 28mm
Two not Doctor Who minis from Heresy, 28mm

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for June:

A big Sigmar statue and two braziers from GW, 28mm
Two not Doctor Who minis from Heresy, 28mm

Ugleb posted:

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of June, 5x Bat Swarms & 5x Witches for Hellboy the boardgame by Mantic Games.

Cat Face Joe posted:

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for June:

Two Fusiliers HMG, 28mm, Corvus Belli.

edit: slightly better pic

Galaspar posted:

I, Galaspar, oath for June a Foul Blightspawn, a Nurgle Sorcerer, three Plague Marines and a Space Marine, all by GW

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath five different versions of Hellboy for June (all from Mantic's board game)

That's regular, horned, luchador, pancake hellboys, plus the bust.

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath two reaper halflings for June

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I, Grizzled Patriarch, Oath for the Month of June: 1 Mocking Beast by Reaper Miniatures and 1 Mimic by Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures.

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint this Knight (Citadel!) and his red horse (GW) for June!

Approved!

Weirdo posted:

Almost forgot to post, took the picture - I Weirdo Oath one Victorian Witch by Bad Squiddo Games, 28mm.

Foster cat investigates

Also approved for last month, just within the deadline!

The spreadsheet should now be up to date, go check if I've missed anything! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DxpBUvOxMz9J_gzmw7Z_H9ar7Ja70LvuqhhhWMSAG2k/edit#gid=1

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Excuse the poo poo picture, it’s dark in here and late.

I, TotalHell, oath the following for June: a unit of Field Mechaniks from Warmachine

Gotta go small since this is a busy month for me. Also in looking at the rules these two used to be the whole unit but now it looks like I’ll need more Gobber Grunts to make it a legal unit. That’s annoying. I can only oath the two dudes in the pic.

Anyway I’ve rambled enough, here’s the pic.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

:siren: It's time to O-o-o-o-OATH! I, Brockie Sams, Oath 8 patrol officers, 8 Riot cops, 4 Riot cops alternate sculpts.
Models from Human Interface by Postindustrial Games.

These are their plastic models but I recently got some of their white-metal ones recently and Ye GODS they're as good as Corvus Belli's! :vince:

ps. gently caress 12, ACAB

Brock Samsonite fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jun 10, 2020

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
I, gameraMan, oath 5 Gnolls for June!

4 Wizkids, 1 Reaper.

Gonna go in for Hello, me for the dude on the left and the dude in the middle, which look like younger and older versions of the same gnoll.

And think we'll go for Take one for the team while I'm at it.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath one Hulda the Herbalist (Bad Squiddo 28mm), and one Eli Quickknight 25th Anniversary figure and one Kneeling Assassin (Reaper, 28mm).

Gonna try for some bonus achievements, Eli Quickknight is a Rescue Ranger and going to try the June: Hello, me and July: Feeling the heat

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
I, Duct Tape, oath for June: 5 Skaven (Spiteclaw's Swarm) and 1 Ironstrider Ballistari. Sorry about snapping this picture at the end of last week. Had some chaos over the weekend (hooray for a leaking roof in my brand new house!) and couldn't get around to posting it until today.

I also plan on oathing some of the new Admech models that just got released, but I'm waiting until my order of them is delivered.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I, Ilor do Oath the following for the month of June: 8 mounted Confederate cavalry (plus musician, standard, and commander) and 8 dismounted Confederate cavalry (including horse holders) - 15mm Battle Honors

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
June Oath Addition: 3 Serberys Raiders. Super excited to paint these guys

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath Complete!

Claiming Hello, me - I've painted these to show that our stout friend has a less-than-successful adventure. Instead of There And Back Again, looks like it will just be There and Still There Forever. :(

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

The world's scowliest statue and a couple of Braziers, which were Speed Painted

Two incarnations of the same time-displaced misanthrope for Hello Me, plus the pictures they were based on for a Faithful Replica

Bonus shot featuring their missing link from way back in Season 7 of the Oath Thread! I may go back and add his eyes sometime...

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jun 17, 2020

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath Addition!

9 Skeleton Warriors for Hellboy the boardgame by Mantic Games

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ugleb posted:

Oath Addition!

9 Skeleton Warriors for Hellboy the boardgame by Mantic Games

Duct Tape posted:

June Oath Addition: 3 Serberys Raiders. Super excited to paint these guys

Ilor posted:

I, Ilor do Oath the following for the month of June: 8 mounted Confederate cavalry (plus musician, standard, and commander) and 8 dismounted Confederate cavalry (including horse holders) - 15mm Battle Honors

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath for June: 5 Skaven (Spiteclaw's Swarm) and 1 Ironstrider Ballistari. Sorry about snapping this picture at the end of last week. Had some chaos over the weekend (hooray for a leaking roof in my brand new house!) and couldn't get around to posting it until today.

I also plan on oathing some of the new Admech models that just got released, but I'm waiting until my order of them is delivered.

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo Oath one Hulda the Herbalist (Bad Squiddo 28mm), and one Eli Quickknight 25th Anniversary figure and one Kneeling Assassin (Reaper, 28mm).

Gonna try for some bonus achievements, Eli Quickknight is a Rescue Ranger and going to try the June: Hello, me and July: Feeling the heat

gameraMan posted:

I, gameraMan, oath 5 Gnolls for June!

4 Wizkids, 1 Reaper.

Gonna go in for Hello, me for the dude on the left and the dude in the middle, which look like younger and older versions of the same gnoll.

And think we'll go for Take one for the team while I'm at it.

TotalHell posted:

Excuse the poo poo picture, it’s dark in here and late.

I, TotalHell, oath the following for June: a unit of Field Mechaniks from Warmachine

Gotta go small since this is a busy month for me. Also in looking at the rules these two used to be the whole unit but now it looks like I’ll need more Gobber Grunts to make it a legal unit. That’s annoying. I can only oath the two dudes in the pic.

Anyway I’ve rambled enough, here’s the pic.

Brock Samsonite posted:

:siren: It's time to O-o-o-o-OATH! I, Brockie Sams, Oath 8 patrol officers, 8 Riot cops, 4 Riot cops alternate sculpts.
Models from Human Interface by Postindustrial Games.

These are their plastic models but I recently got some of their white-metal ones recently and Ye GODS they're as good as Corvus Belli's! :vince:

ps. gently caress 12, ACAB

Approved!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

June Oath Complete!

Here's our Mechanik and his Gobber companion.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

TotalHell posted:

June Oath Complete!

Here's our Mechanik and his Gobber companion.

Can I ask what you're using on the little wrench goblin's base for the foliage? I like the texture / volume that has compared to static grass, looks a lot more realistic to my eye.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Can I ask what you're using on the little wrench goblin's base for the foliage? I like the texture / volume that has compared to static grass, looks a lot more realistic to my eye.

Thanks! It’s just Gale Force Nine’s “Hobby Scenics” line. This is their “Meadow Blend” flock. Applied the easy way, with thinned-down Elmer’s glue, sprinkling some on top, waiting a few seconds, then blowing off the excess. You need so little that one $4 container of it feels like it will last a lifetime.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK, the May gallery is now up at https://imgur.com/a/Nsp5ME3 - please check your stuff is there, it will be sent for judgement next weekend!

Apologies for the delay, it's been a busy few weeks...

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Oath Complete!

Claiming June: Hello Me for the original Fusilier HMG and the resculpt.

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath Complete!

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Oath complete!

The whole crew:

A close-up of the horse holders. If/when the mounted troops dismount to fight on foot (as they usually did), this little vignette is used to mark the spot where they can remount:

A close-up of the command group (officer, standard bearer, musician). I haven't decided whether I want to do these guys as a particular regiment or just use a more generic flag, so no banner yet:

These are the completed mounted/dismounted versions of these guys. I started by finding matching weapons, then painted the pairs identically (boots, pants, coats, hats, even hair and beards). Confederates are always a pain to paint because getting them to look properly rag-tag involves lots of different paint colors and makes batch painting largely pointless. In the game for which these minis are intended, a base group of mounted infantry is 8 troopers, but when they dismount you lose two of them for horse-holders (see above). That's why there are only 6 little dudes on foot.

A close-up of one of the pairs:

Another pair:

I am claiming this month's theme of Hello, me! for the matching mounted and dismounted troopers. I am also claiming the Take one for the team
achievement for painting a full group, as well as Get the Crystal for the horse-holder mount/dismount position marker.

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath addition!
I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint this unit of Dreadspears for June!

Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

Missed Need 4 Speed by about 1.5 hours :argh:

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!
I,Wili, Oath these models of Kommander Sorscha for the month of June.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

OATH COMPLETE!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete
Phoning it in a bit this month, and didn't have time to muck around with lighting - and the models came out a bit too glossy.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Oath Complete!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete

For the Hello, me challenge, that's the same guy after 10,000 years of Grandfather Nurgle's blessings.

Galaspar fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 30, 2020