Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:July judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: with a rebel yell she QQd

Some very clean, dirty cultists. Both the red and black are solid.

Second place, 2 points: LazyAngel

I like the bright colors, and the OSL is nice but not overpowering.

First place, 3 points: Duct Tape

The wings are very nice and clean, and the visors are on point.

Bonus, 1 point: Grizzled Patriarch

Nice inner fire! More of a suggestion of a burning core, than heavy lava. It's a pretty cool look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for September 2020:

Bad Moon endless spell, 28mm by GW
The Scabies Punks gang, 28mm by Wargames Foundry

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: July Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point:  with a rebel yell she QQd

Really sharp contrasts in both color and line work, and a terrific implementation of the grimdark aesthetic. These guys are grungy and menacing as hell.

Second Place, 2 points:  moths

Really digging the Half-Life callback with the glowing throat, and an excellent implementation of the classic Tyranid style: by turns bright, dirty, and slimy. Plus it's nice to see the old huggyfex in this contest.

First Place, 3 points:  Cat Face Joe

Excellent glow in the weapons on the MegaMan dude, and a very nice level of variety and contrast for a single-color uniform. I'm especially pleased with the faces on the humans.

Bonus Point:  Ugleb

Great color schemes on the Night Watch and the deadz here, with a nice variety of skin tones and contrasts on each of the models. The hair and fur are particular standouts.

e: Okay so they're not GRRM characters, but they're still cool. My point still stands. :D

Dr. Gargunza fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 5, 2020

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint in September

A Chaos Toad Brawler and Rauthuros, by Reaper

Was in a rush to prime while the sun was up and forgot to post the photo until now

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
I, gameraMan, oath 1 Faceless Horror for September!

Reaper bones fig:

Kind of a poor early Bones cast with too much primer to boot, gonna use this for a quick color experiment...

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Bonus Point:  Ugleb

Great color schemes on the Night Watch and the deadz here, with a nice variety of skin tones and contrasts on each of the models. The hair and fur are particular standouts.

e: Okay so they're not GRRM characters, but they're still cool. My point still stands. :D

Cheers! Wasn't sure how the big wolf was going to go but I like how he turned out.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Completed!

This bunch of punks without a cause are Taking one for the team

Brightly coloured Bad Moon for use as an Exhalted Flamer or maybe a Demon Prince (it's pretty big!)

WIP colour progressions for the challenge:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Dr. Gargunza posted:

First Place, 3 points:  Cat Face Joe

Excellent glow in the weapons on the MegaMan dude, and a very nice level of variety and contrast for a single-color uniform. I'm especially pleased with the faces on the humans.

holy poo poo thanks. best I've done so far is 3rd which I thought this was until I realized it said 3 points not 3rd place.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

gameraMan posted:

I, gameraMan, oath 1 Faceless Horror for September!

Reaper bones fig:

Kind of a poor early Bones cast with too much primer to boot, gonna use this for a quick color experiment...

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint in September

A Chaos Toad Brawler and Rauthuros, by Reaper

Was in a rush to prime while the sun was up and forgot to post the photo until now

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for September 2020:

Bad Moon endless spell, 28mm by GW
The Scabies Punks gang, 28mm by Wargames Foundry

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath for September 5 Skryre Acolytes, 4 Imperial Assassins, and 1 Bladeguard Veteran.

My assassins are garbage quality misprints, so I'll probably rush painting them a bit. But they've been in my backlog for a year, and I figured now is as a good time as any to get them painted up.

TotalHell posted:

I, TotalHell, oath the following for the month of September:

2 cars for Gaslands
A bunch of barrels and tire piles for terrain

Approved!

blue collar orc
Feb 13, 2012

Oath complete

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

August's gallery is now up, check your stuff is there before it goes for judgement! https://imgur.com/a/4bVPjIq

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

For September, I, LazyAngel, somewhat belatedly oath one Chasseur, from Infinity

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
September Oath Complete!

One 'Faceless Horror' (though it seems to be all face hmm)

gameraMan fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 21, 2020

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for September:

Crabbot, 28mm, Corvus Belli

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Oath Complete!

Claiming Need 4 Speed.

Cat Face Joe posted:

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

I, ape!!! oath a shrine to the parking gods of South Philadelphia. I created this myself and it will be a mini-diorama. Let me know if this isn't miniature related enough and I can call it a Gaslands diorama :)

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Oath Complete!

Not a fan of how the assassins turned out, but they are low quality rescue models anyway, so I'm not too concerned. Big fan of how the Bladeguard and Skaven turned out though, so I'll be painting more of them soon.

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

Oath Complete

Some Background: I live in South Philly where it's famously hard to find parking. Many people save their spot with a chair or a traffic cone, but it's a debatable and sensitive subject. Anytime the family is coming home, we make a plea to the parking gods, so i thought it'd be fitting to have a shrine to the parking gods. The latin in the background supposedly says something to the effect of Park in Front of Your House. We now make daily offerings to this shrine and burn old parking tickets in front of it.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Can confirm, I'm an hour outside of Philly and immediately got it.

Up this way it's used to stake out your shoveled parking spots.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath Complete!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

moths posted:

Can confirm, I'm an hour outside of Philly and immediately got it.

Up this way it's used to stake out your shoveled parking spots.

It's more common than that. 'Round Chicago way it's known as "dibs," and it happens every winter and touches off the same pro/con debates.

[returns to neutral lurking]

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint these Hero Quest undead (MB Games) for September!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete

WIP progressions for the challenge:

And finished pictures:

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Oath Complete!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

TotalHell posted:

Oath Complete!

These are rad, I've been wanting to give this a try myself and I think I might have to go for it now. Where did you source those tiny bits of corrugated metal and stuff?

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

These are rad, I've been wanting to give this a try myself and I think I might have to go for it now. Where did you source those tiny bits of corrugated metal and stuff?

Metal was from local hobby shops; in particular look for shops that specialize in things like model trains and whatnot. It’s basically a textured metal foil.

Other bits (bumpers, weapons) are from a guy in the FB Gaslands group who 3D prints and sells sets of bits for very reasonable prices.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

You can get paperboard corrugation as well. I bought more than I could ever use at an office supply store for $11.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath Complete!

I almost forgot this was the last day of the month, phew. Also, I am so terrible at this WIP challenge. Every year I mean to do it, take two pictures of my start, then completely blank on anything until I'm done. Oh well.

lovely pictures because I ended up taking them ten minutes ago! Maybe I'll get better ones for the painting thread.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!
Slightly more effort to the pictures this month.

WIP pics for the challenge;

Also claiming Rescue Ranger because the titan from last month got finished, weapon selections and all!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK folks, September is over! Next up:

quote:

October: Under the weather - Your model should feature weathering, e.g. rust, mud or heat staining. Alternately they could be under the effects of heavy weather such as a storm, blizzard or hurricane.

Been busy lately, I will try get caught up on the thread this evening.

Refind Chaos
Sep 16, 2007

King of 'tisms mountain
I, Refind Chaos, Oath to paint these Warhammer Age of Sigmar Ironjawz Start Collecting set for the month of October!

First time doing this so hopefully I've done it correctly. I did partially paint one to test my paint scheme but it's not included in the image as it cannot be part of the oath!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

LazyAngel posted:

For September, I, LazyAngel, somewhat belatedly oath one Chasseur, from Infinity

Cat Face Joe posted:

ape!!! posted:

I, ape!!! oath a shrine to the parking gods of South Philadelphia. I created this myself and it will be a mini-diorama. Let me know if this isn't miniature related enough and I can call it a Gaslands diorama :)

LazyAngel posted:

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint these Hero Quest undead (MB Games) for September!

Approved! (September)

Refind Chaos posted:

I, Refind Chaos, Oath to paint these Warhammer Age of Sigmar Ironjawz Start Collecting set for the month of October!

First time doing this so hopefully I've done it correctly. I did partially paint one to test my paint scheme but it's not included in the image as it cannot be part of the oath!

Approved, and welcome aboard!

The spreadsheet should now be up to date thru September, everyone double check their stuff - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DxpBUvOxMz9J_gzmw7Z_H9ar7Ja70LvuqhhhWMSAG2k/edit#gid=17

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
I'm slammed, so presented without comments:

:kingsley:August judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: Duct Tape

Second place, 2 points: Ugleb

First place, 3 points: with a rebel yell she QQd

Bonus, 1 point: Zark the Damned

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, oath 1 Reaper miniature Bones Frost Giant Warrior for October

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for October:

One ORC w/ Multirifle, Corvus Belli, 28mm.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
I, Duct Tape, oath for October 5 Skaven from Punga Miniatures.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath of October One Strix Knight from The Deck of Many.
28mm-ish, but very brave.

blue collar orc
Feb 13, 2012

I, blue collar orc, oath for October these Citadel grave guard and Loot Studios shadows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For October I. Galaspar, oath a classic Psyker by GW