Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For January I, Galaspar, oath one Imperial Assassin and three Plague Marines all by GW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

Hey it's JANUARY OATH.
I, Brock Samsonite will oath 6 Ember Team from Spectre Operations

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I, TotalHell, oath 14 clone troopers from Star Wars Legion for the month of January

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: November Judgements! :siren:

Third Place, 1 point:  Zark the Damned

Really nice work on this tank. The urban camo is well done but not overdone, and the metallics give it a nice sizzle.

Second Place, 2 points:  Duct Tape

All of these models are great (Necrons!), but this spess mehreen in particular really illustrates the theme well. Very subtle shading and stippling on what could best be described as "cosmic camouflage."

First Place, 3 points:  Galaspar

Really, the whole gang is amazing, but mohawks usually win the day. The gangers-turned-troopers theme has been fun to watch you develop, and this piece really straddles the line between grimdark and garish in a fun, eye-catching way. Well done!

Bonus Point:  with a rebel yell she QQd

So you got me pics of old-school termies for the holidays, I see. Really great shading and lively contrasts on these models! (Sorry I didn't get you anything. ...Except this point. Enjoy!)

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for January 2021

1 Wood Elf Archer
3 Space Adventurers
1 Astropath
1 Primaris Psyker
All 28mm by GW

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for January 2021

1 Wood Elf Archer
3 Space Adventurers
1 Astropath
1 Primaris Psyker
All 28mm by GW

TotalHell posted:

I, TotalHell, oath 14 clone troopers from Star Wars Legion for the month of January

Brock Samsonite posted:

Hey it's JANUARY OATH.
I, Brock Samsonite will oath 6 Ember Team from Spectre Operations

Galaspar posted:

For January I, Galaspar, oath one Imperial Assassin and three Plague Marines all by GW

Ashcans posted:

I, Ashcans, oath these 8 Reaper Bones Gravestones for January!

These seem like good candidates for some monochrome work, and they're pretty simple so I can knock out 8 of them pretty easy.

Approved!

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

I, ape!!!, oath the following for Jan 2021:

4 Dragon Trappers Lodge werewolves that I got for Christmas.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

ape!!! posted:

I, ape!!!, oath the following for Jan 2021:

4 Dragon Trappers Lodge werewolves that I got for Christmas.

Approved!

Also December's Gallery is now up for folks to check - https://imgur.com/a/UPiDVZ4

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

An elven spirit archer, protector of the fae realms. Monogreen per the challenge.

Astropath and Primaris Psyker bound to be part of an Inquisitor's retinue.

Motley collection of space thugs, hired muscle for the Imperium.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

OATH COMPLETE!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath complete!

And with that, the Hellboy Kickstarter is finally complete.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
I, Duct Tape, oath for January one Technomancer from GW.
I actually have a ton of other stuff primed, but I'm getting a late start on this month, am not sure how much I'll be able to get done, so I'm taking it slow.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
I, gameraMan, oath 1 Slaadi for January!

Wizkids Slaadi, actually a grey but going to go green:

Doing Days of Gray for a largely monochrome green look

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath one Robed Dude from Impact miniatures, 28mm for January. Base carpet moulded from the mantic scenery royal carpet.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

I, LazyAngel, oath one Pinking from Greebo Games. Roughly 28mm scale

Hopefully will help me get back into the swing of things.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath one Pinking from Greebo Games. Roughly 28mm scale

Hopefully will help me get back into the swing of things.

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo Oath one Robed Dude from Impact miniatures, 28mm for January. Base carpet moulded from the mantic scenery royal carpet.

Duct Tape posted:

I, Duct Tape, oath for January one Technomancer from GW.
I actually have a ton of other stuff primed, but I'm getting a late start on this month, am not sure how much I'll be able to get done, so I'm taking it slow.

gameraMan posted:

I, gameraMan, oath 1 Slaadi for January!

Wizkids Slaadi, actually a grey but going to go green:

Doing Days of Gray for a largely monochrome green look

Approved!

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint this Mordheim - Reiklander Captain (GW) for January!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:kingsley:December judgement!:kingsley:

Third place, 1 point: with a rebel yell she QQd

I have no idea what this guy is supposed to be, I like the red, all the bone, and the very white fur.

Second place, 2 points: Ugleb

You've painted a lot of figures this month! I like the rust on the armor and weapons, as well as the horses.

First place, 3 points: The Moon Monster

This is great. The skin is lovely, and is a nice contrast to the ( also great) sash and scales. The face, straps, verdigris, and pearls also looks really good, and that tatoo is just super. Very nice overall.

Bonus, 1 point: Grizzled Patriarch

I like this cartoonish couple, I feel like the dragon is going "It's a living...".

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

January Oath Complete - Four 3d printed wolves from Dragon Trappers Lodge. Hoping to claim Days of Gray for the bone and ice wolves. I think the flesh and fire ones aren't monochromatic enough.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Electric Hobo posted:

Second place, 2 points: Ugleb

You've painted a lot of figures this month! I like the rust on the armor and weapons, as well as the horses.

Cheers, had to get them minions done sometime!

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: December Judgements! :siren: Sorry this is so late, really harsh week

Third Place, 1 point:  Zark the Damned

SLAMBO!!! (Also, really nice work on the dwarves. The muted blue armor scheme really plays nicely off of their skin tones and the sharp metallics and almost defiantly-fiery red hair some of them have.)

Second Place, 2 points:  with a rebel yell she QQd

Red is notoriously tricky to pull off, but your red is so lively and contrasted so well. The other details on these guys and the genestealers really pop, particularly the shading on the bones. (I can't help but think of this guy as Plague Bae, sorry.)

First Place, 3 points:  The Moon Monster

The sheer level of painstaking detail on this guy is simply jaw-dropping. The subtle gradients in the skin tones, the bulging veins, the fish-scale print on the cannon, the back tattoo--it all combines into a piece with liveliness, character, and vibrancy. Excellent work!

Bonus Point:  Blue collar orc

The varied stonework is great, really illustrator-y with its solid hues and nice blacklining. But that old-school goblin with his shield and his short sword of tetanus +2 is just delightful to look upon.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath complete

Nothing too complex here, but it was nice to knock these out and mark one more thing off my Bones list.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Oath complete!

Thank you judges for the points and the kind words! As always, I'm honored!

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Oath Complete!

I also painted a Scorpius Dunerider this month, but happened to not oath it. Oh well, next month is looking to be real busy, as I've got several hundreds of points of Necrons primed up and ready to paint.

blue collar orc
Feb 13, 2012

Oath complete!

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Bonus Point:  Blue collar orc

The varied stonework is great, really illustrator-y with its solid hues and nice blacklining. But that old-school goblin with his shield and his short sword of tetanus +2 is just delightful to look upon.

Thank you! Now I guess he has to find a short sword of tetanus the next time I can gather my D&D group :)

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Oath complete!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Cat Face Joe posted:

I, Cat Face Joe, oath the following for January:

One Nosferatu I found in the bargain bin.

Calling this one a bust. Broke my foot this month and it's got everything all hosed up.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!
For the first time in an age. Fun to paint though, which helps.

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
Oath Complete!

1 Grey Slaadi painted green... here's Froggy!

Claiming Days of Grey for the green/yellow color scheme... Or is that too much yellow? Will let the judges decide...

Fun project, he came together quickly, and always enjoy spending a bit of time on the scenery/base -

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Oath Complete!

Claiming Days of grey for the monochrome + red assassin.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

January is over folks, onwards to February

quote:

February: Wrap up warm - Paint a figure featureing heavy fur or other texture. This doesn't necessarily have to be modelled on, you could paint a fake texture such as marble.

We're approaching the end of the season, so if anyone has any suggestions for the next one, wants to volunteer to judge or maintain the spreadsheet etc. let me know.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

with a rebel yell she QQd posted:

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint this Mordheim - Reiklander Captain (GW) for January!

Approved (January catch up)

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

For February, I, LazyAngel, being somewhat intent on getting some kind of tempo back, oath the Dread Pageant warband from Direchasm, by GW

And I fully intend to make them fabulous.

Crip Towe
Sep 7, 2012
I, Crip Towe, Oath to paint the following for February:

2 Traitor Guardsmen from Blackstone Fortress. And my first oath.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for February 2021:

11 Ork Boarboyz and a Warhammer Quest Dwarf, all 28mm by GW

blue collar orc
Feb 13, 2012

I, blue collar orc, Oath a baby Groot, a good general and evil general (1st edition Battle System) for February 2021

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

I, TotalHell, oath the following for February 2021:

A Chaos Space Marine Master of Possession by GW

ape!!!
Jan 13, 2005

I, ape!!, oath this 3D printed Dragon Trappers Lodge creepy spiky guy (It was a gift, I have no idea what it is!).

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
For February I, Galaspar, oath 5 Blightlord Terminators by GW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I, Ashcans, oath 1 Privateer Press Circle Ouroboros Feral Warpwolf for February