Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I have AirPods, my girlfriend has AirPods, my brother and sister have AirPods, and I have multiple friends and co-workers with AirPods and I've literally never seen a single person in my life with straps for them. :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I also totally know people, like a lot of them you guys and they ALL have Apple products. ALL of them. heh.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Apparently the AirPod's rechargeable batteries only last about a year and a half and can't really be replaced, so essentially, owning AirPods is like paying a $10 per month headphone subscription.

guitartorch
Jan 4, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Apparently the AirPod's rechargeable batteries only last about a year and a half and can't really be replaced, so essentially, owning AirPods is like paying a $10 per month headphone subscription.

This is better than every single thing any other company makes. thats the problem

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

The_Continental posted:

Its called the "Apple Magic Keyboard" which sounds like something Fisher-Price would make for teething babies

https://9to5mac.com/2020/04/08/magic-keyboard-ipad-explainer/

9to5mac is a funny website name

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
6to9mac

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

You guys remember when apple advertised in Forrest Gump that was cool.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

guitartorch posted:

This is better than every single thing any other company makes. thats the problem

It was never a problem that needed a solution.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

im really passionate about my cheap plastic personal electronics. I just get so fired the gently caress up, whether it's because i just HATE when people buy the fruit brand of computer, or because someone made fun of my WIRELESS in-ear monitors that are damaging ears and hearing, it doesn't matter. I just need to get my fuckng blood pumping!!!! this is wha tlife is all about motherfuckers!!! gently caress youuu!! god drat i feel alive

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Dont Touch ME posted:

im really passionate about my cheap plastic personal electronics. I just get so fired the gently caress up, whether it's because i just HATE when people buy the fruit brand of computer, or because someone made fun of my WIRELESS in-ear monitors that are damaging ears and hearing, it doesn't matter. I just need to get my fuckng blood pumping!!!! this is wha tlife is all about motherfuckers!!! gently caress youuu!! god drat i feel alive

Your avatar is a cool racecar

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

The_Continental posted:

Your avatar is a cool racecar

thanks bro, your owl is cool too. did she buy the correct consumer products?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

HE is a hamster and prefers handwritten correspondence

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dont Touch ME posted:

it sounds like ur very passionate and that's good. what else do you think it's good to be passionate about and how can you channel that emotional energy into your effort to heal and post better? Maybe think abuot that or put it in your journal if you can't think of something right now

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

No thats it. I'm just really passionate about consuming goods. I just needed to post that to let you know, like release that gas buildup in a wet BRAAAAAP

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
i don't really care for earpods. i bought some samsung ones a while back and lost one in my own drat apartment. even if it turns up i'm probs just gonna stick with my cheapo cans

olives black fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 3, 2020

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I have AirPods an Apple Watch an iPhone and so does every single person I know and we all love the products.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

If your apple computer has a virus you have to go onto the mall and talk to a tall 22 year old boy called genius

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
My Android quit getting security updates a year and a half ago and I had gone noseblind to its particular odor of poo poo so I bought an iPhone to feel alive again. Might get a flip phone once this thing's ready for the shitheap, idk.

I also have a Macbook Pro from work (well, for the next two weeks anyway). It has the worst loving keyboard that I've ever used. I disabled the touchpad because my hands were constantly brushing against it. Even though it's off I hate the way that it feels (it stretches half the length of the base from the center so you're never NOT touching it) and I wish eternal urethral pain on whoever told laptop manufacturers that they're preferable to nipple mice. Mac OS X is deffo less poo poo than Windows though, so I'd say it's a wash.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Macbooks have nice screens, a shame they're loving glossy.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Dont Touch ME posted:

Macbooks have nice screens, a shame they're loving glossy.

yeah they're poo poo too

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

olives black posted:

My Android quit getting security updates a year and a half ago and I had gone noseblind to its particular odor of poo poo so I bought an iPhone to feel alive again. Might get a flip phone once this thing's ready for the shitheap, idk.

I also have a Macbook Pro from work (well, for the next two weeks anyway). It has the worst loving keyboard that I've ever used. I disabled the touchpad because my hands were constantly brushing against it. Even though it's off I hate the way that it feels (it stretches half the length of the base from the center so you're never NOT touching it) and I wish eternal urethral pain on whoever told laptop manufacturers that they're preferable to nipple mice. Mac OS X is deffo less poo poo than Windows though, so I'd say it's a wash.

I too love the nipplemouse but ThinkPads are pretty much the only laptops left on earth with them. Luckily the T series are still good laptops.

And yeah the MacBook keyboard is like typing on a tablet. It's awful.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
so HYPE for this product and/or event. I LOVE intermingling my concept of self with the consumer products I buy because it is the only form of self left to us all

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

so HYPE for this product and/or event. I LOVE intermingling my concept of self with the consumer products I buy because it is the only form of self left to us all

extremely same

naem
May 29, 2011

I sure like goods and/or services

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

My work bought me a macbook pro and mostly its really nice apart from the stupid loving touchbar thing which is terrible in every way compared to just having F keys

I was playing Divinity Original Sin 2 and for about a second I was like "wow cool it has things on the touchbar to open my inventory and skills and stuff" then I remembered I could just press 'i' much easier and quicker.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
hey everybody im the guy who only uses apple products and beats headphones. im a loving idiot and like to shove weirdly shaped objects into my own butt. i stink too! its me! apple guy!

GAYIDS
May 3, 2020

by Pragmatica

The_Continental posted:

I'll keep my $2000 and buy something I can fix and upgrade myself.

No, soldered RAM is a feature you see

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Chinatown posted:

hey everybody im the guy who only uses apple products and beats headphones. im a loving idiot and like to shove weirdly shaped objects into my own butt. i stink too! its me! apple guy!

hello there

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I too love the nipplemouse but ThinkPads are pretty much the only laptops left on earth with them. Luckily the T series are still good laptops.

And yeah the MacBook keyboard is like typing on a tablet. It's awful.

last I checked Lenovo was cutting corners on their keyboards, though

olives black fucked around with this message at 00:16 on May 4, 2020

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Apples to oranges :shrug:

GAYIDS
May 3, 2020

by Pragmatica
I got a MacBook pro from my job, I loving love only having 2 USB C ports what another excellent engineering design

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
does the keyboard only have one button

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

redm posted:

does the keyboard only have one button

it might as well

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

GAYIDS posted:

I got a MacBook pro from my job, I loving love only having 2 USB C ports what another excellent engineering design

how much poo poo do you need to plug in that isn't already built in my god what are you doing over there jesus gently caress man

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

hold on it's me captain peripheral guy I have 7 devices I need to plug in physically to my laptop somehow here in the year of our lord 2020 that somehow aren't built into either the laptop itself or my phone somehow or can't be tethered wirelessly in some capacity

let me check ah yes it's the new Apple CansOnString, gotta charge those, my new Apple USBc dog leash, need that, my usbc to urethra adapter well poo poo there's only 2 ports NOW what lmao!

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
i really like the USBC Ethernet/charger/HDMI dongles that get hot enough to cause first degree burns but are basically required in office buildings where the wifi sucks poo poo (which is all of them)

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

bomb posted:

i have a 16" macbook pro and can confirm op its the best laptop you can buy

You spelled Thinkpad T Series wrong, sir. I'm posting right now on a laptop certified for use on Mount Everest, The International Space Station and on active military operations.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 4, 2020

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Anyone who can’t buy the latest version of every Apple product is poor and should consider working harder.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Who Is Paul Blart posted:

Anyone who can’t buy the latest version of every Apple product is poor and should consider working harder.

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

olives black posted:

last I checked Lenovo was cutting corners on their keyboards, though

Nah. The keyboards on the T480, T490 and the X1 Carbon are all superb.