Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqcHeEqWmg4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa2Usdvu83E

I had to take it apart several times because the floppy drive made very angry noises when someone put a disk in it after 20+ years.
Replacing every capacitor was a chore but now the computer should last longer than me.

What's your favorite B&W gaming experience?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Who sells that case?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lmao hope you didn't spend that much on it

pram
Jun 10, 2001

akadajet posted:

lmao hope you didn't spend that much on it

meowza!

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

holy moly 690 dollars to make ur computer look like it came from a prison

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

It was just $300, less than half a set of mac pro wheels :colbert:
I already had the mac but it had a giant ugly anti theft branding melted into the top of the original case

And it complements my other prison mac

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
old macs are good

cheers comrade

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
cool that you paid $300 for a custom garbage can.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
there is a hoarding thread already op

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

you don't have to feel left out shaggar i have a sick pc gaming rig too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMQL-Y0Ynl4

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

cool e-waste hoard

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

rude!

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i'd be wary of all the lead solder and cadmium

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

the only thing that slightly concerns me is the CRT radiation

especially on the monitors that produce enough static that you can make your cat stick to the front glass

Steve Ballmer
Aug 25, 2013

Developers! Developers! Developers! Developers!
That’s tite, OP. Ignore the haters.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
spray paint the outside of the case translucent green and then the inside brown. you could have a zune Mac, op.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Mine's better and can do color when I want to lose a little graphical crispness/matching monitor for said color and size.

65 megabytes of ram. Scsi2sd 5.5 external drive with 2 2 gig drives. (Its an 8 gig card but I don't actually need more space.)
Floppy Emu external floppy drive emulator. The sweet big rear end Extended Keyboard II. ADB Mouse II.

I'm debating dropping 50 for the NUBUS adaptor card with FPU on it. Since it's easier than hunting down a clock crystal chip to make a 20 mhz a 25.

Vvvvvv Get that PPC trash out of here it doesn't count. If my G5 imac was worth the time money and effort to recap it could do similar scores while looking cuter. And being a BED OF LIES in OS9 mode in Tiger. Yet would run Wolf 3d worse. Besides, your clear case is close to how much both my iisi, Plus, and all the doodads I bought for them over the last 5 odd years cost COMBINED. Vvvvvv

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 4, 2020

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

oh is that how it's gonna be :colbert:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
drat i love menus like that

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Captain Rufus posted:

Get that PPC trash out of here it doesn't count.

oh is that how it's gonna be :ironicat:

send help

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

oh thats how its gonna be huh

so uh i have a performa 640 dos compatible it has a 33 mhz 68040 and a 66 mhz intel 486 but like it doesnt have a hard drive in it right now sooo

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

:nice:

i want that DOS compatible but they never show up on ebay anymore and i've never seen one locally :(
i had a performa 630 cd/tv in my childhood and the DOS compatible variant seems so much cooler

at least i have a good representative of my first mac, an LC with the lovely 512x384 12" monitor that makes it incompatible with a bunch of 640x480 games

i'm slowly starting to realize i can't keep all this junk around after fixing them because i already ran out of desk space for them last year

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
dad threw out his old macintosh IIfx years ago :negative:

at least he kept the keyboard tho, AEK for life

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
This thread has facilitated purchases on Discord. Someone decided the discussion there lead them to get one of those weird Pixar lamp looking iMacs. I almost bought a Quadra but had a moment of common sense. (I'll probably buy other stupid things I don't need instead like Warhammer dudes or early 80s anime before it was all for sex offenders instead of robot dorks like me.)

Someone else is mulling over doing Newton development on their old machine.

(This lockdown has to end soon cuz we are all clearly getting stupid and making silly decisions with our money.)

Vvvvv https://discord.gg/8eTAGX vvvvvv there. You can come talk retro stuff now. I mostly guessed anyone who gave enough of a flip was already there.

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 6, 2020

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Captain Rufus posted:

This thread has facilitated purchases on Discord. Someone decided the discussion there lead them to get one of those weird Pixar lamp looking iMacs. I almost bought a Quadra but had a moment of common sense. (I'll probably buy other stupid things I don't need instead like Warhammer dudes or early 80s anime before it was all for sex offenders instead of robot dorks like me.)

Someone else is mulling over doing Newton development on their old machine.

(This lockdown has to end soon cuz we are all clearly getting stupid and making silly decisions with our money.)

thank you for this update from god knows where

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

TheFluff posted:

dad threw out his old macintosh IIfx years ago :negative:

at least he kept the keyboard tho, AEK for life

my iifx is full of battery acid. both maxells exploded.

i'm working on fixing it but... there's a lot of damage. it will take awhile.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

my wife keeps threatening to throw my green g3 into the swamp but for some reason I can’t throw it out because I know that, some day, it will one day become the sweet gaming rig I wanted it to be in the year 2000.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Bored Online posted:

there is a hoarding thread already op

lol

Elos
Jan 8, 2009

found an extremely cursed picture of my rig circa 2005 or something:

very evil energy

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
perhaps y’all could consider emulators? you can do cool things on a Nintendo Wii

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

i thought we already had an old computer poo poo thread.

sports
Sep 1, 2012

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

perhaps y’all could consider emulators? you can do cool things on a Nintendo Wii

classix mac-ppc wiibrew

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Elos posted:

found an extremely cursed picture of my rig circa 2005 or something:

very evil energy

whats going on with the wood shims

also, gross

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

I like the fan just hanging there

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

also I got some new tables lately. Old console station, old computer stations. Will probably swap them and add a third System 7 station behind the couch.

behold
tech hoarding
and a weird content aware deletion of a postage box

SRQ fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Aug 25, 2020

burning swine
May 26, 2004

SRQ posted:

I like the fan just hanging there

looks like it's crouching there on heavy gauge wires so it can blow air on the gpu

lol

burning swine
May 26, 2004

ok so the wood shims are glued to the base
the metal brackets are taped to the wood shims
and the hard disk is securely bolted to the brackets

checks out

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

SRQ posted:

also I got some new tables lately. Old console station, old computer stations. Will probably swap them and add a third System 7 station behind the couch.

behold
tech hoarding

im the map of the world showing mu in its correct location

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

SRQ posted:

behold
tech hoarding

and plastic walls :staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

SRQ posted:

behold
tech hoarding

appalling