Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist
That every time Matches Malone joins a gang, Batman takes it down like the next night? Talk about Gotham's unluckiest career goon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'm more hung up on why J Jonah Jameson loving HATES spiderman when dude does nothing but help sell papers for him.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I love Bats, Supes, Spidey and Irony Manny-wanny and they're my real friends

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I'm more hung up on why J Jonah Jameson loving HATES spiderman when dude does nothing but help sell papers for him.

It's a real complicated relationship (it's drugs)

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
spider man but instead of fighting crime peter parker is NYC's biggest drug dealer. swinin' and slingin'

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist
I mean it could also be a sex thing. Like they really want to smooch but they can't get their kinks to line up. They're both obviously into bondage, but JJ Jameson is a leather daddy and Peter Spiderman is into shibari and as the saying goes never the twain shall meet

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
Yes, only instead of a gang, its my rear end, and instead if matches malone it's a handful of cherries

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

CarpenterWalrus posted:

I mean it could also be a sex thing. Like they really want to smooch but they can't get their kinks to line up. They're both obviously into bondage, but JJ Jameson is a leather daddy and Peter Spiderman is into shibari and as the saying goes never the twain shall meet

More like “never the twine shall meet," amirite?

Applewhite fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 4, 2020

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

He's not smart enough to realize that. He thinks it's the opposite; that he does so well because of the "quality" of the content. And he presumes his audience agrees with him. One of the many great things about the PS4 game was how Insomniac reduced him to an Alex Jones-style blowhard who hosts a podcast and gets crank callers and common people calling him out on his own show.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

One day all those people will see.
They'll all see just what a menace Spiderman is. With those...skin tight suits and all that sticky, hot, white, web that he blasts...everywhere. One day they'll see what a drat freak he is. Then they'll know. Oh they'll know all right. And they'll all demand MORE pictures of Spiderman and they'll come running. Demanding to see more of just how...dangerous and supple he is...ah god.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
the statistical improbability of superman being an alien yet looking exactly like a human is almost mindblowing

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

It's misplaced rage from an abusive childhood where his father routinely tied him up and fed him flies.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

the statistical improbability of superman being an alien yet looking exactly like a human is almost mindblowing

And not just any human but a traditionally attractive one. Imagine if he looked like Carrot Top or something

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

As a part time spiderman I have to say I'm not sure how I feel about this thread yet.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

VikingSkull posted:

Have we ever seen his dick tho? It could be all weird and gross looking

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Have we ever seen his dick tho? It could be all weird and gross looking

I heard Solomon Grundy is packing some major wood.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
I think it's odd that Bruce Wayne thinks he can fix the societal problems of crime and it's relationship to poverty by punching people, but I didn't inherit infinite money from my murdered parents so what do I know.

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Tricky D posted:

I think it's odd that Bruce Wayne thinks he can fix the societal problems of crime and it's relationship to poverty by punching people, but I didn't inherit infinite money from my murdered parents so what do I know.

That's a hot take right there

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Piss Meridian posted:

That's a hot take right there

laffo, batman has been understood to be a white flight fascist fantasy for longer than i have been alive.

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Tricky D posted:

laffo, batman has been understood to be a white flight fascist fantasy for longer than i have been alive.

Repeatedly in the comics even

Edit: it's almost like all the characters are mentally ill or something

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

thor is real and he's PISSED

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Piss Meridian posted:

Repeatedly in the comics even

Edit: it's almost like all the characters are mentally ill or something

So, we're in agreement. It's hard to gauge tone when the phrase "hot take" is used.

GAYIDS
May 3, 2020

by Pragmatica
No

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Tricky D posted:

So, we're in agreement. It's hard to gauge tone when the phrase "hot take" is used.

It's a room temperature take yeah.

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos
Batman is a good superhero

forr me 2 poop ohn

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

We see the faults in others that we most want to fix in ourselves.

That's why batman beats the loving poo poo out of an old, short, fat man who fetishizes birds and uses an umbrella as a helicopter. He's all of those things himself and wants to overcome all of that and tries to beat it out of the "other" when he can't restrain his own lust for waddling around puffing gas in people's faces while dressed like a knock-off of the Monopoly man.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Inverted Icon posted:

Batman is a good superhero

forr me 2 poop ohn

I'm sorry friend. The big searchlight we turn on to summon Scatman is on a different roof, three buildings over.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

I'm sorry friend. The big searchlight we turn on to summon Scatman is on a different roof, three buildings over.

thats less of a searchlight and more of a nineties potato chip commercial showing a danceoff between a bunch of enthusiastic and diverse teens

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The paper is supposed to run at a loss for a tax write off and his corporate overlords are making his life a real hell every time he turns a profit.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

You guys ever wonder how you never see Wonderwoman and her alter-ego ... uh, Diana something... uh, in the same room or whatever?

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

1redflag posted:

You guys ever wonder how you never see Wonderwoman and her alter-ego ... uh, Diana something... uh, in the same room or whatever?

Who pays attention to dames?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
*stands under a spider-man web waiting for it to dissolve and drip*

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

im the web mopper

ed koch started the position in the 80s. i pretty much go around to various crime scenes and mop up all the spider loads after the spiderman nabs the bad guy.

my department bankrupted the city a couple years in with all the thwarted bank robberies i had to cleanup. it was a p bad year for crime, but a loving great year for OT. bought me a jetski. got into coke. thought i could handle it. lost everything.

heh. i guess you could say me and mr swabs over here have had quite a ride. yep. quite a ride.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

gary oldmans diary posted:

*stands under a spider-man web waiting for it to dissolve and drip*

Mouth open, tongue out. Desperate.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Inverted Icon posted:

Yes, only instead of a gang, its my rear end, and instead if matches malone it's a handful of cherries
I remember being eleven and the Snopes urban legend page about a kinky girl tying you to the bed and a guy emerging as Batman from the closet to gently caress your rear end was maybe my third or fourth encounter with the concept of such takedowns.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
It must suck to be a civilian in need and Batman or Spiderman is just taking a nap at that time, so you get beat up or killed.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
You guys ever think about how odd it is that he still uses matches?

What's the deal? Is that really his nickname? Is it his supervillain gimmick? Is he only 'slumming it' with the regular criminals until his career takes off and he can afford his... match suit? Because, buddy, let me tell you, I don't think your gimmick is going to take you very far in super-crime.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Tricky D posted:

It's typical capitalist fascism. "My money gives me power over others, I'll exert my will"

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
*spiderman looks at Matches Malone hanging from a building tied up in a big ball of webbing*

'well mr malone looks like it's game, set... and match'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Matches Malone now reigns alone as the king of crime. Spiderman is powerless to stop him as he addresses the people.

"Hello! I am...Matches Malone! The Crime Man. I have done this alone! Without...equal!" Spiderman's super-pun ears perk up, but he is left unfulfilled. Matches continues, " In fact, some could say that without a partner, someone to commiserate with, I'm..", Spiderman leans in eagerly, nearly salivating. This is it. This will be the pun he needs. His erection is so large right now..."...without peer." Finishes Matches. Spiderman recoils in frantic terror. This isn't right! What's happening?! He's supposed to make a name based pun! He's supposed to say MATCH!
"Now, of course, as the NEW super villain, I've defeated Spiderman. I've taken control of the crime syndicate when they confused me for their leader, Dr. Deplorable the Unwise, due to my facial scrambler fooling their security system which uses an adv-" This was it. Here it comes. Spiderman leaped back to a fully alert, crouched position, mercilessly beating his veiny spider wang through his spandex. Soon Matches would say that his facial ray made his features MATCH those of the Doctor and that would be enough. That would be the name based pun that Spidey needed to push him over the edge to fully recharge his J/O crystals. It was coming. He could feel it building. "-anced technique to make my face-" Yes. Yes here it came! "Closely resemble Dr. Deplorab-" NO. No this couldn't be. It wasn't fair. Now he'd have to go home to Mary Jane and her worthless horrible woman's body. Again.