Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Whelp, kinda in a position in life where I'm not sure what I should be doing. Coast Guard seems like probably the least dumb military option to choose if I want to go into service for a bit, does that sound accurate? I'm into the idea of helping fellow citizens rather than deploying in the war. Idk if I could get in even, but I figure it can't hurt to try applying. How selective is the guard generally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Oh I'm okay with being on ships. I have some bad stuff in my past, but never any legal involvement so idk how much would really factor in. Getting a security clearance might be tricky I suppose. The job security and GI bill benefits are really enticing though.

InternetOfTwinks fucked around with this message at 12:49 on May 26, 2021

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Doesn't matter, just got rejected for cutting scars and drug use from a decade ago. That's what I get for being honest.