Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will The NFL Play In 2020?
The season will start at its normal time and will be played as usual with fans packed in the stadium.
The season will start at its normal time, but will have a restricted number of fans allowed in the stadium.
The season will start at its normal time, but no fans will be allowed in the stadium.
The season will be truncated/shortened somehow and/or moved to later in the year. Games will be played in 2020 and fans will be packed in the stadium.
The season will be truncated/shortened somehow and/or moved to later in the year. Games will be played in 2020 but only a restricted number of fans will allowed in the stadium.
The season will be truncated/shortened somehow and/or moved to later in the year. Games will be played in 2020, but no fans will be allowed in the stadium.
There will be no NFL games played at all in the year 2020.
View Results

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm only going to believe that the season is happening when they announce what they plan on doing if a team tests positive. If it's announced a team forfeits games while players test positive then I'll believe they will actually go through with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
Play in an empty stadium on a green screen and overlay crowd shots from the 90s

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Only if they go full 90's and make the football glow like they did in Fox NHL broadcasts.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm only going to believe that the season is happening when they announce what they plan on doing if a team tests positive. If it's announced a team forfeits games while players test positive then I'll believe they will actually go through with it.

It'll be like the concussion protocol. Everyone just pretends he tested negative

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

Only if they go full 90's and make the football glow like they did in Fox NHL broadcasts.

That’s just the side benefit from the second mutation of Covid-19.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It'll be like the concussion protocol. Everyone just pretends he tested negative

Look you can't prove playing football doesn't help you recover faster.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Anecdotally, heard on a podcast today that the concert industry is predicting no regular sized concerts till 2022 and are exploring whether artists will tour with drastically fewer tickets being sold at 5-6x regular prices.

If the nfl plays, there won’t be fans in the stands.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I want to the NBA to take up Vegas on that ridiculous idea of all the players just populating the strip.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

I want to the NBA to take up Vegas on that ridiculous idea of all the players just populating the strip.

ridiculous? Yep

the most practical way to play the season? Pretty much

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Season will happen. That makes Arizona and Florida offering to host entire leagues

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1260641707550539779?s=20

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

phoenix having more than 2 home teams feels pretty unreasonable due to weather and stadium concerns and NAU/UA might count for like three quarters of a team each. and then if they're expecting some limited amount of fans, who the gently caress is going to sit at ASU stadium on metal bleachers in like 110 heat to watch teams that weren't good enough to get the real NFL stadium billing?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Where's the option that the season will be truncated. An outbreak will occur in week 3, and thr rest of the season is canceled.

Because that's whats going to happen.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Season will happen. That makes Arizona and Florida offering to host entire leagues

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1260641707550539779?s=20

Arizona will look like Fury Road by the time September rolls around.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

The guidelines that will be promptly ignored like America has ignored them

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1261416294777106432?s=19

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Disneyworld has both the rooms and the courts to do the NBA. They literally do whole seasons over weekends all year round. They also have food service and medical facilities and a campus that can be locked down. I can't believe they haven't done this since ESPN owns it. Every team is in the playoffs! Go!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The guidelines that will be promptly ignored like America has ignored them

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1261416294777106432?s=19

It is just a guide, not a rule duh.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Have the players play Madden and stream on twitch

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe

FizFashizzle posted:

Arizona will look like Fury Road by the time September rolls around.

So will Florida. They just announced 700 new cases on the first day of reopening.

Assuming the rest of the country is less stupid about reopening, I could see a delayed season happening, with no/very small audiences.

Unfortunately, you need at least a few hundred people in a stadium to make an NFL game happen, so it's going to take some intensive testing too make all that work for 4 months.

Going to have a lot of practice squad members playing, when you have sudden outbreaks among starters

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 07:59 on May 18, 2020

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Koirhor posted:

Have the players play Madden and stream on twitch

They did this with the NBA and it was garbage.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

it's happening motherfuckers

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1262410023725969409?s=20

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Yeah I'm actually starting to think that training camp is going to happen in some form.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

"But your players need to self-isolate away from their families for months, and no, we won't pay you anything extra"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
the cowboys will make the playoffs

hahahahahahahahahaha

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

the cowboys will make the playoffs

hahahahahahahahahaha

Monkey’s paw wishes are in another thread.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BirkMatt/status/1263093467686846465

Can't wait for Week 1 !!!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Does Matt Birk know how the Titanic sank? There was a movie about it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

fsif posted:

Does Matt Birk know how the Titanic sank? There was a movie about it.

That's the joke. I wonder if he knows that the Titanic was real and the ark was fictional?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
It ain't happening

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

football happening yall

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/1262464085217722370?s=20

Eifert Posting posted:

That's the joke. I wonder if he knows that the Titanic was real and the ark was fictional?

next you're going to say the earth isn't 6k years old

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
lol Smart Daddy Newsom already ready to open Er up to sports

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Thread poll grossly overestimated America's desire to avoid death. Obvious blunder in retrospect.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
On the bright side I hate all of you and also myself. Good riddance.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Hall of Fame game: gone.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1276108290540425216

Wanna change your vote?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

the nba is charging full steam ahead in one of the two worst coronavirus hotspots in the us

they're gonna play at least one game

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the nfl will play even if it's two teams worth of players changing their clothes all the time and representing all of the teams

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Cavauro posted:

the nfl will play even if it's two teams worth of players changing their clothes all the time and representing all of the teams

A Tuna Super Bowl

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Even if they have games, the quality of play is going to be atrocious. Look forward to a lot of games ending 9-6 in overtime

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
at this point I think they only way they don't play games is if eviction/food shortage riots are popping off

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Empty arena games are going to be weird without crowd noise. Also it's going to come through crystal clear every time a quarterback swears at his linemen on or off the field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Empty arena games are going to be weird without crowd noise. Also it's going to come through crystal clear every time a quarterback swears at his linemen on or off the field.

Just use the XFL’s mic presentation style.