Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShZGwgFmzoI

Seriously this is scary. The bushes immediately catch fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i see it all the time sitting on the loving toilet OP

much like your post

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

very informative but also disturbing, but i guess that's the point of it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

jeez i had no idea that nuclear bombs were dangerous ty for sharing

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
That's my fetish

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

i did some quick research based on this video and I found out that two other bombs have gone off in Japan

if I'm reading this right, that sounds like all the bombs so far have attacked islands in the pacific so I'm safe for now hope any hawaiian goons are ok

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I'd stray away from wearing bikini bottoms too

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I wonder a lot of things, OP. Please add more things I may potentially wonder about to this thread. TIA

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I don't think it would be like that at all. I'm not even on fire! This is more like if I wanted to know what it was like to watch one on TV.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Mooey Cow posted:

I don't think it would be like that at all. I'm not even on fire! This is more like if I wanted to know what it was like to watch one on TV.

For thenfull experience you'll have to shine this industrial laser into your eyeballs

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mooey Cow posted:

well, a streaming service on your computer, probably

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This is really similar to a reoccurring dream I have, in which i'm standing at a busy intersection fully nude with an erection that won't go away. I'm getting laughed at and pointed at, as I'm trying to warn them that a nuclear explosion is about to go off. Eventually someone gives me some pants and I'm like "phew, crisis averted" and I take off, not really caring about the looming mass death of the world.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ahhh my bushes!!!! Nooo!!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I love and am terrified by nuclear explosions. I remember googling games that have nukes so I can play with them. I also watched that cartoon about the old couple living after the nuke and I wanted to watch Threads but never did. Or another one, can't remember.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

jonathan posted:

This is really similar to a reoccurring dream I have, in which i'm standing at a busy intersection fully nude with an erection that won't go away. I'm getting laughed at and pointed at, as I'm trying to warn them that a nuclear explosion is about to go off. Eventually someone gives me some pants and I'm like "phew, crisis averted" and I take off, not really caring about the looming mass death of the world.

what kind of pants?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

This video taught me that I’m Doctor Manhattan

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
I still like the Sarah Connor getting blasted through the fence gif. What an explosion.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I like when the dragon lady played Sarah Conners :getin:

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

Salty Josh posted:

I still like the Sarah Connor getting blasted through the fence gif. What an explosion.

i watched terminator 2 after my parents told me i couldnt and that scene gave me terrible nightmares all night long

i was so tired i couldnt go to school and my dad got a good own on me by telling my teacher the truth about why i was absent

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I love and am terrified by nuclear explosions. I remember googling games that have nukes so I can play with them. I also watched that cartoon about the old couple living after the nuke and I wanted to watch Threads but never did. Or another one, can't remember.

Threads owns, you just gotta see it. I suggest a heavy dose of something and pre-gaming with Come and See or Grave of the Fireflies

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Fun fact: Air bursts release far less fallout than bombs detonated on the ground. We don't plan for air bursts to stop fallout effects, we do it because the shockwave reflects out and when the shockwave that hits the ground below the explosion radiates out along the ground, it propels the shockwave from the bomb further out to supersonic speeds. The main goal of every nuclear bomb is to use pressure as a weapon, the heat and radiation are just side effects.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
It's just as crazy 2:02 in how the wind blows all of the flaming leaves away.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Big Beef City posted:

what kind of pants?

Knowing my luck, probably corduroy brown that don't hide my erection very well.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

VikingSkull posted:

Fun fact: Air bursts release far less fallout than bombs detonated on the ground. We don't plan for air bursts to stop fallout effects, we do it because the shockwave reflects out and when the shockwave that hits the ground below the explosion radiates out along the ground, it propels the shockwave from the bomb further out to supersonic speeds. The main goal of every nuclear bomb is to use pressure as a weapon, the heat and radiation are just side effects.

false
we do it because it looks rad as gently caress

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

VikingSkull posted:

The main goal of every nuclear bomb is to use pressure as a weapon, the heat and radiation are just side effects.

with the exception of 'neutron bombs' which were designed to maximize radiation output

not to depopulate cities and leave them intact - since they'd still be very explosively destructive and would probably still start huge fires and poo poo - but to knock out big tank columns that would otherwise be relatively more resilient to pressure and heat. also to knock out incoming nuclear warheads; the Russians' ABM system is reportedly designed to use high-altitude bursts against incoming warheads, the idea being that the pulse of neutron radiation will either disable the warhead's electronics or just cause enough fission in the warhead that it prematurely fizzles

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Salty Josh posted:

I think that's still one of the noted best reenactments of a real nuclear explosion there is.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
There was a cool scene in The Wolverine.

Too bad most of the movie sucked.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Probably the second best wolverine stand alone movie somehow lmao

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

Probably the second best wolverine stand alone movie somehow lmao

Yeah, they never did him justice until Logan. Wish we had gotten more of that action scene at the end in the other movies.

Nothing more American than watching a Canadian evicerate mercenaries.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I like The Wolverine better than Logan. In fact, I didn't like Logan much at all.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

I think that's still one of the noted best reenactments of a real nuclear explosion there is.

It's no Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull I tell you what.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

I like The Wolverine better than Logan. In fact, I didn't like Logan much at all.

I didnt like the fact that he was gimped in his prime and the violence wasn't visceral.

I think it had a better story, but the cinematography didnt really do it for me.

Both were better than Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Thought this year had yet another early surprise in store for a moment.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I don't have a VR device should I click the video.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Chomp8645 posted:

Yeah you can still pan around with your mouse and the video is loving cool.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Chomp8645 posted:

No

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Chomp8645 posted:

idk do you like being witness to a nuclear explosion up close and personal it's not LIKE you're there you ARE there rip

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
That video is ten minutes long , I watched a beach for 1:30 then was distracted by a bird out my window.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Big Beef City posted:

idk do you like being witness to a nuclear explosion up close and personal it's not LIKE you're there you ARE there rip

If you get nuked in VR you get nuked IRL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

with the exception of 'neutron bombs' which were designed to maximize radiation output

not to depopulate cities and leave them intact - since they'd still be very explosively destructive and would probably still start huge fires and poo poo - but to knock out big tank columns that would otherwise be relatively more resilient to pressure and heat. also to knock out incoming nuclear warheads; the Russians' ABM system is reportedly designed to use high-altitude bursts against incoming warheads, the idea being that the pulse of neutron radiation will either disable the warhead's electronics or just cause enough fission in the warhead that it prematurely fizzles

neutron bombs are actually cleaner than regular fission bombs or three stage fission-fusion-fission thermonuclear bombs, because they maximize neutron output while minimizing blast and resulting fallout. science is rad

cobalt bombs are even cooler