Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
Finished both of these recently:

I ran the graveyard past safety factor earlier in discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Felime posted:

Finished both of these recently:

I ran the graveyard past safety factor earlier in discord.

That's a sick looking graveyard

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Okay, I'll get in on this. Here are 12 Rubric marines, so basically two five man squads. Why 12? I got two ten man squads for xmas/birthday, painted eight for kill team early this year, and finished the remaining 12 over the holiday weekend

First, proof of life pic with just the Aspiring Sorcerer

Then everyone together:

Aspiring sorcerer in better conditions

Icon Bearer

Soulreaper:

Three random dudes

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.

FInished 1x Ogre Butcher, 3x Ogre Gluttons and 2x Leadbelchers. Just got a light box and am looking forward to actually taking decent photos but even just a quick cell phone pic is much better with this light

Grundma
Mar 26, 2007

DOG controls your destiny. Seek out three items of his favor and then seek his shrine.
And to contribute further I donated $100 (plus fees) to a local food pantry

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Finished a spartan and a lazer Sicaran

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

I finished my reaper Barrow Wardens. I've taken to calling them the Three Musketeers (despite the lack of Muskets), because they've got some nice personality to them. I still can't varnish because our humidity's been in the 60s for weeks, which is crazy for South Dakota.

My current setting has a heavy bronze age feel, with iron and steel being relatively rare, so all of the ancient, rotting armor gets patina rather than rust. The undead aren't soulless or mindless either, since they're essentially ghosts possessing their own skeletons. They don't care much about their armor, but dead soldiers still care for their weapons.

Athos has a magic sword. And I noticed I missed a trick and didn't see his belt buckle, so I'll go back to touch that up.

I dig Porthos's axe, and his bronze-toed boots.

Aramis I like the least. The bat wing motif on his pauldrons are very Budget Vampire Counts and his sword was badly bent and a pain to straighten. I've got it mostly fixed, but it still has an ever-so-slight curve to it. I am impressed how well paint sticks to the Reaper Bones material, though. I've dropped him on my hard wood floor twice and he hasn't chipped.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

This thread has given me a kick up the arse to stop moping around and get painting. Finished these ugly bastards while sitting in an endless teams meeting. Fun trying to work out how to copy my existing painting scheme while using up the last dregs of my yellow contrast stock. Soon it'll be back to multiple thin layers (the horror, the horror)

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

lenoon posted:

Soon it'll be back to multiple thin layers (the horror, the horror)

If you're painting by hand, try doing a bone-colored basecoat first. I find yellow paints pretty smoothly over bone in just 1-2 coats, and if you wash the bone color for shading first it usually comes out looking pretty ok without having to try to figure how how to best shade the yellow.

If you airbrush, do a zenithal prime where your darkest color is pink rather than black and still brightens to white at the top.

Aniodia
Feb 23, 2016

Literally who?

Another unit done, this time it's a unit of Eataine spearmen. They just need to be pulled off the cardboard and based to be finished finished, but since I'm back to work this is the closest I can get for a couple of days.

Closeups

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Two Xeodrons from Infinity. I'm not quite sure how to class these, since the game doesn't really have vehicles, but it does have a load of stompy robots. I'm calling them monsters, but if I need to do something else to fill out the entry, lemme know.

Comparison with a normal 28mm model:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Counting the graveyard as five infantry.
I've got this down as one character and five large infantry. If you can do one more ogre you hit another threshold.
I think with your four previous bases this brings you up to 10 to qualify. I have them down as 5 infantry just to keep things easy on my end.
I'm going to call these large infantry/ogres if that's alright. They're not big enough to be monsters. If you can do one more similarly-sized model that'll get you to the threshold.

New spreadsheets:

We currently have a tie in the highest contributors. I think this is just Ghazk toying with his prey and giving tkwg false hope.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Here are those donations I promised:

Grundma posted:

And to contribute further I donated $100 (plus fees) to a local food pantry

Thanks! I really appreciate this.

Most of y'all have probably realized by now that I've hit my $5000 limit. I'll be honest, this came a lot faster than I expected, but I want to keep this thread going as long as I can. To that end, I'm committing another $2000 towards models. Unfortunately, I will no longer be matching donations (though Grundma squeeked in) just because there's been so many models already. However, we've got an exciting announcement that might help encourage future donations all the same. It'll be in my next post.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Safety Factor posted:

I'm committing another $2000 towards models

You are a saint among goons.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Safety Factor posted:

We currently have a tie in the highest contributors. I think this is just Ghazk toying with his prey and giving tkwg false hope.

I’m coming at the king and I ain’t missing.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
A few weeks ago, I was contacted by Hedningen who had an idea on how to help promote this thread and encourage some more donations. He doesn't paint much, but he does sculpt and he volunteered to make a special plague doctor model exclusive to this thread/event. I have really appreciated all the effort he's put into this and, with the model complete and casting starting up, we are ready to make the announcement:

To keep it simple, anyone that makes a donation of at least $20 will qualify for a copy of this model. Limit one per person, please. PM or e-mail me your name/address and I will collect and send them on to Hedningen. Again, the e-mail is Hams4Hunger at gmail.com. He will handle the casting and shipping and is in the US Midwest somewhere. UK/Euro participants, don't worry, I've figured something out for y'all. I've got a friend in the UK that is willing to act as a go-between and forward your models to you.

Hedningen has already been working on getting a small stockpile going so let's get some donations in!

A couple more pictures:
https://i.imgur.com/LImzPuX.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/tGfZYqV.jpg

TheChirurgeon, tallkidwithglasses, and Grundma - y'all've all already qualified so PM or e-mail me your names/addresses.

Oh, one more clarification before I go:
Donations submitted as part of completed challenges count too.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 19:18 on May 28, 2020

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

It is extremely cool of you to extend the challenge like that man. In response, here are some more models:

1 Troupe Master
1 Amalia Novena
12 Harlequin Troupers
3 Arco-flagellants

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Safety Factor posted:

I'm going to call these large infantry/ogres if that's alright. They're not big enough to be monsters. If you can do one more similarly-sized model that'll get you to the threshold.

Unfortunately I don't have anything currently that's of approximately the same size. Would you accept one of these as a third model? Same 28mm goober for scale.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

grassy gnoll posted:

Unfortunately I don't have anything currently that's of approximately the same size. Would you accept one of these as a third model? Same 28mm goober for scale.

Sure, either one of those will count.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
I was kind of painting this separately going with it as a character versus its Thorn squaddies, so I'm not sure if I'll get credit for this or not, but I painted it to complete the set so here's the Briar Queen:

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Safety Factor, you ready to throw some money down for a good cause? Proof I started them this month:

And the twenty seven models I've painted this month:

To be honest, some of those little bugs barely count as models, so plus-or-minus them however you'd like.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Safety, check Slack for my contribution

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Three small monsters / large infantry:

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I finished up some Poxwalkers! This is just 18 of the fellows I had left lying around.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Safety Factor posted:

Sure, either one of those will count.

Thanks, and here we are:

Two Headed Calf
Feb 22, 2005

Better than One
20 Tzaangors/Kararic Alcylotes done :toot:

Its not easy getting all of them + my computer screen in one shot, heres a pic with much better lighting.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Finished an ethereal yesterday, i'm happy with how the base came out

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Ten more infantry!

Group

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Two more characters: a Tech-priest Manipulus and a Primaris Librarian

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

This is great man, real good glow coming off it.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Werix posted:

This is great man, real good glow coming off it.

Thanks!

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
Just finished up a Foetid Bloat-drone!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I finished my White Dragon last night, but didn't want to to take pictures until the Woodland Scenics water effects were fully dry.

There're a few things I'm not too fond of (the pose is goofy, and some of the fins are asymmetrical in a way that feels like laziness, but it's by my favorite of the three Deep Cuts Gargantuan Dragons because the wings don't get in the way of painting it and it's not painful to pick up barehanded.

I love the way the 'glacial ice' colors on the wings worked out. In the unlikely event of me ever painting a second one of these, I'd be tempted to use those colors for the whole body but I think the stark contrast between the blue wing membranes and fins helps make the purple->bluish-white transition of the body look more white. A few of the highlights on the dragon's face got to be pure white, but for the most part there's no actual white on the mini.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

PoptartsNinja posted:

I finished my White Dragon last night, but didn't want to to take pictures until the Woodland Scenics water effects were fully dry.

There're a few things I'm not too fond of (the pose is goofy, and some of the fins are asymmetrical in a way that feels like laziness, but it's by my favorite of the three Deep Cuts Gargantuan Dragons because the wings don't get in the way of painting it and it's not painful to pick up barehanded.

I love the way the 'glacial ice' colors on the wings worked out. In the unlikely event of me ever painting a second one of these, I'd be tempted to use those colors for the whole body but I think the stark contrast between the blue wing membranes and fins helps make the purple->bluish-white transition of the body look more white. A few of the highlights on the dragon's face got to be pure white, but for the most part there's no actual white on the mini.

I dub thee the new Mr Cool Ice

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
That one took me a while, because I was working on this guy simultaneously. I finished the painting on this one first, but I needed to wait for the resin on the base to dry.

I have some major issues with this model, but he's pretty photogenic from certain angles!

From some others? Not so much. :haw:

Edit: And here's all three dragons together.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jun 3, 2020

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING
This week’s harvest:

3 Renegade Siegfried Tanks (counts as sentinels)
Guy is not new, just there for scale
Should probably count as a unit of 3 cavalry for anyone keeping score.

Black Legion Predator

10 more Vostroyans!

Ghazk fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jun 4, 2020

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Money's tight but I couldn't resist a goon-made plague doctor mini.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord
Super busy these last couple weeks, but got a few more Skitarii done:

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Not really sure what these are considered...Warmahordes calls them a "character unit" so I hope they count!

Lady Aiyana and Master Holt.

Bonus timestamp on a filthy desk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Two cultists, an Iron Golem, and a Gorgon Brazen Bull. Not bad for one "weekend" of painting!

This should bump me up to 10 troops and 3 large troops, I think!