Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

So this “firm” was going to offer you the PMC equivalent of minimum wage to work in Somalia at the height of piracy and ask you to bring your own weapons? Only ~a SOF Marine~ would have the heart and guts to take that kind of job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

The Rat posted:

Trying to hit on women on base, and thinking I was less of a man for not actively going out and hitting on women there. (Like, the gently caress, it's a 20:1 M:F ratio, why am I even gonna bother.)

A colleague of mine was one of those one women per 20 dudes on a base in Iraq. She was a security officer for an aid agency and ended up sleeping with a knife under her pillow because she had so many creepy encounters with horny contractors. She actually met her husband there, and she said the reason she knew he was a keeper was because he was the one dude who didn’t try to aggressively hit on her.