Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

My German army draftee uniform was 100% polyester and I always kinda wondered about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

The fatigues or the dress uniform?

Fatigues!

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

PookBear posted:

I'm willing to bet it was a poly/cotton blend, you'd rip all poly fatigues to shreds in the field and if the material was thick enough that you didn't you die of heat exhaustion.

It's been 20 years, maybe Duzzy remembers. I've looked secondhand ones up online and found one vendor each marking them as 100% cotton, 80/20 and 20/80 cotton/polyester blends, but no 100% polyester, so you're probably right.