Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Gyoza is the best pasta shape.
Ever make your own gyoza? Get the wrappers from the Asian supermarket & watch some folding instructions on YouTube and you're ready to go.

Best part is you can stuff em with whatever you want. Polenta? Leftover bbq? Hotdogs and cabbage???? All goes easily into gyoza.

Some might complain it's not traditional but neither is sweet potato sushi u bitches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It's the same how Mexican restaurants can have 100 dishes, but it's all a tortilla with meat cheese and vegetables.

Holy poo poo you guys Jim Gaffigan is a certified Something Awful Internet Forums Poster!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It's the same how Mexican restaurants can have 100 dishes, but it's all a tortilla with meat cheese and vegetables.

There's dozens if not hundreds of more shapes of pasta than there are types of tortillas

Also Mexican food > Italian food

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

hi im fat jim gaffigans ever think about food

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
and what's with people that call red sauce "gravy" that's just Dumb as hell.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

"wheres the macaroni and gravy"

-Paulie Walnuts

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

My annies white ched shells and hot dogs with sriracha was very good and about as classy as an above ground pool.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
gently caress y'all, there's nothing better in this world than a good spaghetti Bolognese, especially with the wholewheat noodles.

Tagliatelle carbonara is brilliant too.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

carbonera, extra peas and cream please :smug:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Hell Yeah posted:

I know you're not supposed to but i eat pasta constantly with white trash ground beef meat sauce and it's great every single time. I dunno wtf italian ppl are thinking saying it's not authentic and it's trash, it's like the single best sauce for pasta. I also like cacio e pepe but i like to put other cheese in it like a sharp cheddar or aged gouda. Honestly gently caress italian peopel so hard

Yeah pasta is 100% my lazy cooking kind of meal and it always tastes great. I’m sure I’ve never cooked a traditional recipe in my life for pasta, because I’ve never bothered looking one up.

Probably gonna make a white sauce with clams tomorrow and I’ll pick the noodles by reaching into my cupboard and grabbing whichever box I touch first, who loving cares.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Angel hair and thin spaghetti are stupid. Just eat regular spaghetti.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I like angel hair. I dunno why though it's impossible to get it al dente. I still like it. Maybe my mouth is just too small for regular spaghetti??

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Eat a dick unicycle boy!
Yah mon

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"What's the deal...

With pasta

and..

and Mexican food?

There's so many types of pasta!
Justlikethere'ssomany TYPES. of Mexican food. AND.......they're all the same.

Am I right?
IT'S ALL THE SAME!!

It's the same pasta! It's just different sauces! On different shapes!!
Mexican. Pasta! Mexican. Pasta! ENOUGH ALREADY!

You know if I had MY way...I'd say... BASTA. To the PASTA."

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
pastina is uber tier with infinites and ublockable combos like substituting rice with it and basically you're loving stupid.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

TheAardvark posted:

Bowties are actually the most annoying to eat of all the shapes IMHO. they're all slippery

I used to think this, but bowties oddly conform to most sauces pretty well. But they're kind of annoying with veggies/sausages/etc.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

*In extremely offensive Italian American accent*

"Eeeey!! It's Cock'n'Balls ova 'ere!! Eeey!"

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
For those who disdain spaghetti, try spaghetti alla chitarra sometime. It's cross-section is square. It works better with sauce and of course it packs more efficiently.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
hey babe... i hope you like it al dente :grin:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

al dente is the traditional italian way to cook pasta or as every other culture on earth who makes unleavened starch products to put poo poo on would call it "not done yet, fucker", but translates to "On the fence" in Italian, which is what chefs supposedly all are as to when to pull it from the water.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Big Beef City posted:

*In extremely offensive Italian American accent*

"Eeeey!! It's Cock'n'Balls ova 'ere!! Eeey!"

nothin' offensive about that we all talk that way

fresh pasta is a game changer. Never dried. Straight from dough to boil/bake to plate. It's practically a different food.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Away all Goats posted:

I would just like take advantage of this safe space to say that Keto diet people are mentally ill

yes, but it gave us some of our best threads in health and fitness

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Big Beef City posted:

al dente is the traditional italian way to cook pasta or as every other culture on earth who makes unleavened starch products to put poo poo on would call it "not done yet, fucker", but translates to "On the fence" in Italian, which is what chefs supposedly all are as to when to pull it from the water.

i like to eat one uncooked noodle with every overly cooked floppy noodle and chew them together into a perfectly cooked paste

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

UltraRed posted:

The person saying it like that is Irish.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
My dad likes to cut his spaghetto with a knife and fork. I always thought it was a little odd

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Resting Lich Face posted:

It's a loving waste of time don't bother. The only time I'd make it from scratch is if I wanted to make filled pasta.

Try homemade scialatielli it's grrat

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Dixville posted:

My dad likes to cut his spaghetto with a knife and fork. I always thought it was a little odd

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Big Beef City posted:

The person saying it like that is Irish.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

cous cous is a superior pasta

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Also Mexican food > Italian food

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I tried to make my own pasta once and I added some beetroot juice and it turned a really nice pink colour, but then once it cooked it turned grey :smith:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

and yet when you cook beets they don't turn grey so why are you so CLEARLY lying

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Wheres my mexitalian food at

Gimme a tex mex pasta bake up in here

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

TheAardvark posted:

Wheres my mexitalian food at

Gimme a tex mex pasta bake up in here

that's called sopa seca de fideo

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Do you guys break your spaghetti noodles in half before putting them in the pot?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

heres your daily pasta wallpaper!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
now that's a spicy meat-a-ball-a! :eyepop: