Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Sandwolf posted:

No, I was not. I was literally suggesting that maybe sometimes NKs CAN be reverse engineered. You spent all twilight throwing shade at Jose while defending against yourself but you always made sure to mention you thought he was town. Then the next day he's dead? When he was very singularly pointed at you at the end of the day? HMM?

That's not WIFOM, that's scum killing their most vocal attackers

I actually agree here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

DGK2000 posted:

I don't like how you're around to just snipe, would not be surprised if you were scum.

Try reading again. I have posted cases and made my town and scum reads throughout the game

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Sandwolf, this speculation about the motives for the NK is bad: sometimes, scum kill their most vocal opponent. Sometimes, they kill to incriminate someone else. Sometimes they kill lurkers. Sometimes they kill randomly to confuse people. Sometimes they kill people they don't like.

This is absolutely WIFOM: I can easily imagine someone thinking that they could make Squiggly look bad by NKing Jose.

The more you go on about it, the worse you look. Why are you harping on about this, when it is really clearly WIFOM?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I like Squiggly a lot more today, his posting has a good town motivation feel to it.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Can we get an extension? I have been really busy today, and won't be around much at all tomorrow. Sunday deadlines suck.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

SalTheBard posted:

That is actually not possible

Hey Sal, can I ask, is this a TECH ability or a MAGIC one?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I see no rush, today's been a bit busy for me too, if people are in favor of an extension I'm for it too

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Are we not effectively in agreement to lunch one of NepNep or DGK?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Sandwolf posted:

Are we not effectively in agreement to lunch one of NepNep or DGK?

Yeah, I suppose that's a good point. My dinner plans don't really impact the fact that one of these two should be executed.

It should be DGK, by the way.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Scientastic posted:

Hey Sal, can I ask, is this a TECH ability or a MAGIC one?

I would prefer not to say. I think I've said too much already.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

SalTheBard posted:

Probably a good call

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

SalTheBard posted:

OK, I do have a reason for asking, but fair dos.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I'm not going to tell you my reason for asking, so I can respect that you don't want to tell me the nature of the ability.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Alright loving hell, ok getting some time to sit down. Work ended up being a loving nightmare.

SIDE NOTE:
If you ever have to call your insurance company doing a simple thing like having your policy# makes the call go so much faster and smoother. And if you don't have that, it's cool, just don't get snippy with me when I ask you how to spell your name.

Ok. So DGK and DMBoogie both voted against flipped scum. After reading those 3 in a vacuum I actually think Nep comes off the worst. Part of my lurking has been that I prefer to have night actions so not having much to do the first 2 days was a little bit of a bummer. That being said Nep didn't post much either the first 2 days and then when I posted my info all of a sudden Nep kicked into high gear throwing shade at DGK and Boogie all the way. I'm not going to vote just yet because I really do want to take a deeper look at the 3 but I am leaning Nep, with DGK #2 and Boogie #3.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I am town and figured you claiming that out of nowhere had a decent chance of being legit, of course I'm gonna take the possible 50/50 shot of voting on scum. Also I didn't shade both of them, I said "I read them both, DGK looks worse" and then haven't said anything about boogie since except for a dry statement of fact. Are you misrepresenting me or do you need to look again

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Ok dgk’s post p*ssed me off and Neps recent posts are striking me as town so I will ##vote dgk and will not change this vote anymore today

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

DGK2000 (7): Nep-Nep, MisterJed, LordNad, b-minus1, Mr. Humalong, Sub Rosa, Scientastic, Spoonsy, Mr. Humalong, Sub Rosa, b-minus1, CapitalistPig, b-minus1
Nep-Nep (2): LordNad, Scientastic, LordNad, Scientastic, Sandwolf, DGK2000, b-minus1, b-minus1
Sandwolf (1): Squiggly
Sub Rosa (1): b-minus1, cheese sandwich, b-minus1
CapnAndy (1): Voodoofly
Voodoofly (1): CapnAndy
Squiggly (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf

Not Voting (6): dmboogie, Maigius, Mr. Humalong, SalTheBard, Sub Rosa, xopods

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 07th, 2020 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 20 hours, 16 minutes.

Days will be 48 hours, nights are 24 hours.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

Ok dgk’s post p*ssed me off and Neps recent posts are striking me as town so I will ##vote dgk and will not change this vote anymore today

binus!!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

uhhh the last guy to do this flipped scum binus are you sure you want to go through with this

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

b-minus1 posted:

This seems like a straight up OMGUS

Pretty funny because it didn't look like you particularly cared previously

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Mr. Humalong posted:

uhhh the last guy to do this flipped scum binus are you sure you want to go through with this

The last guy refusing to move his vote was jose no?

I must be misreading this what do you mean

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Squiggly posted:

The last guy refusing to move his vote was jose no?

I must be misreading this what do you mean

oh i thought it was merk

i've lost track of all the people that have been performative in this game

also binus now would be the perfect time to say "i'll show you how much I don't care" and then fire off your dayvig

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Ok dgk’s post p*ssed me off

Thanks for watching your language b-

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

my condolences on you getting possed, binus

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Squiggly posted:

This seems like a straight up OMGUS

Pretty funny because it didn't look like you particularly cared previously

I personally didn’t care but the white claw in me cares very much

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Ok for real. (if Sal is telling the truth) we know one of his targets is scum. I have had a general scummy read of nep nep for most of the game but haven’t really put together a case. Then Sal came in with that claim which forced me to read dgk who I previously had no read on. And while I still can’t shake this suspicion that nep is scum, I still feel better about my dgk case. I would obviously be willing to switch to ensure a dunk, I was just being dramatic

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

I thought DGK's post criticizing bminus was omgus in the first place, so it's funny that it's being leveled to bminus right now.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

MisterJed posted:

I thought DGK's post criticizing bminus was omgus in the first place, so it's funny that it's being leveled to bminus right now.

OMGUS is an acronym for oh my God you suck which is definitely more in line with pissing someone off

I don't think it's scummy, just funny. The censoring is the cherry on top

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Friends let us join forces to eliminate NepNep! binus is just a lil drunky nothing wrong with that

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

b-minus1 posted:

I personally didn’t care but the white claw in me cares very much

B- on a scale of 1 to frat boy, where do you fall

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Sandwolf posted:

Friends let us join forces to eliminate NepNep! binus is just a lil drunky nothing wrong with that

Convince me it's nep nep over DGK

Third time is the charm here right

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

At this point I'm questioning how much I believe the cop claim. I had the thought that if I had that power, I wouldn't pick three people I suspect as scum, I would pick two people I think are town and one person I think is scum. Of course picking three suspicious people is also a fair play. If it comes back with three positives, that is one hell of a game changer.

So then I thought what are the implications if this role is a complete fabrication by scum. I started by wondering what would play out if scum picked three suspected townies to claim were targeted. The optimal play then would be to say only one was scum. Then you try to get town to vote all three in sequence out based on the cop claim. Because obviously every person on the list that flips town makes the people remaining on the list seem like scum. So maybe you could get town to lunch three townies in a row early while scum nightkills at least one if not two people every night. After that you get lunched for the obvious fake claim, but maybe town doesn't survive that much carnage. Possible that one of your suspected townies flips scum but not from your team, which is still a win because now you are confirmed cop.

Then I thought about what if you instead put three scum on the list. Again claiming only one is scum. Let town lunch it's pick, and then the other two can claim to be confirmed town and the cop a confirmed cop.

Problem with this is that there seems to be either two scum teams or a scum team plus SK. The other team/SK could decide to just kill the cop, and then when the cop flips scum, the jig is up.

Of course if DMBoogie is actually scum, but honest about the Crusador role, maybe there could be a play there that guarding the cop to keep town from ever seeing the cop's flip could let scum make it to the win. Then again, Crusador only kills one random visitor, so that's still risky.

So at the end of all of that, I'm still not sure if I believe or disbelieve the cop claim. But I don't think we can say the role claim is proven just by lunching one person on the list, no matter how they flip.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Cool. You can believe it or not, I don't care one way or the other. If I picked 3 people I thought were scummy and I got back "All 3 are scum" then you would be like "Hey loving awesome!"

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
If Sal AND at least one player in the claimed group is scum that that would suggest the possibility (though not certainty) that the vote shift to him yesterday was a bus, and that then Sal followed that up with a gambit that has at bare minimum a 1/3 chance of getting his teammate killed, all for town cred that wouldn't last the rest of the game.

Sal is probably town.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Is the reason you didn't comment on the possibility that all three are town because you know one isn't because you aren't?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Also if there are multiple killing factions(which I think is likely) and you are a member of one of those factions, hoping to eliminate both town and the other team while also not drawing them to kill you, fakeclaiming cop is not a move I would expect, I'll say.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

OK Squiggly, I don't think you're asking totally in good faith, but I'll bite:

Nep-Nep posted:

Answer me this, from your posting I get the impression you have a town read on Spoonsy. You also build a thorough case around Steak here. When you initially voted on Steak earlier, one of your reasons was that you believed that Steak uncritically believing Squiggly's claim. However, Spoonsy, who you have a town read on, did roughly the same thing with cpig's n0 cop claim. What is different about these two players with regards to that that you read Spoonsy is town and Steak is scum?

this is an early post in D1 that reeks of subtle defense of a scumbud. She never fully calls steak towny here, but Nep is actively trying to change someone's opinion on steak or spoonsy. this isn't so bad, townies do this all the time, except in the next post, with no followup, 30 minutes before deadline:

Nep-Nep posted:

##vote steak

looking exactly like they're trying to sneak in before deadline to get credit for being on the lunch

they then make this fairly reasonable post:

Nep-Nep posted:

I'm fine with the merk vote, I did a full reread of merk and I don't really have anything to add but
I think this post and its surrounding context are the sticking point for me, it doesn't look like scumhunting to me to see someone takeaway a "looks town" read from vote analysis and not really work to express any other opinions or calls from it.
##vote merk

then switches to someone with no chance of being lunched:

Nep-Nep posted:

Actually let's do scientastic instead, I didn't really do my due diligence and consider timestamps when I read merk earlier. That call out of a town read is followed a few minutes later by a case on sci, paying attention to the when recontextualizes that for me.

##vote scientastic

then says

Nep-Nep posted:

I see we're -1, I'm not gonna do it right now but I could

and finally participates in the aborted last minute Sal push

Nep-Nep posted:

##vote Sal

Let's see if it can happen

In total honesty, I don't feel as strongly about NepNep as I did before this big reread. I still think they're a better target over DGK.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
Look I think there is a decent amount of info to be gained from lynching me at this point so I'm okay with it, it's going to help one way or another. I legit think it is nep out of the other two. I made my case, and there isn't much else to hammer on there.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Squiggly posted:

B- on a scale of 1 to frat boy, where do you fall

Probably 3. I'm all in on the seltzer craze

Also, I can't believe there is no dayvig in a game this big. There has to be. I would rather have someone shoot dgk or nep so we can resolve this situation today and not have to waste another day lunching the scum tomorrow if we mislunch today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Sub Rosa posted:

Is the reason you didn't comment on the possibility that all three are town because you know one isn't because you aren't?

I have already established why I do not think Sal is fakeclaiming.