Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

yeah sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

mafia

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

##vote pig

happy to help

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Maigius posted:

This is my second game ever, so not all that seriously, I'm here to have fun with interesting mechanics.

idk man you had a flawless scum victory in your first game youre someone to watch out for

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

am I so out of touch? am i so out of time?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

Guys if you'll look like two posts above that one, you'll notice that Scientastic had just called me scum but not very seriously

context is important for humor!

humor is also important for humor :colbert:

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Pussy Quipped posted:

drat yall are wild

mood

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

##vote spoonsy

lmao

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

oh drat

guess theres no need to vote squiggly, if he doesn't show up he's going to die lmao

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

oh wait we still have two entire days left

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

They hadn’t mentioned Squiggly before that post so for that post to be like “oh phewph, we don’t have to lunch him! He’ll be modkilled!” felt like a weird opinion to have as first and last on someone

it was something other people were talking about and i am not philosophically opposed to lurker lunches especially on day 1

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Maigius posted:

I think one reason to doubt cpig's D0 cop claim is that it would have to have been done in the extremely short time between role PMs going out and D1 starting. I'm not sure if it makes logistical sense.

i think another reason to doubt cpig's d0 cop claim was his previous claim of being a jester

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

LordNad posted:

You were vanilla in your other game...

i don't understand what your point is here

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

I'll get on the bandwagon if I gotta but I'd still really really rather people take a look at dmboogie.

I mean, we're just gonna let this slide? Really?

sliiiiiiiide to the left

sliiiiiiiiiiiide to the right

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Mr. Humalong posted:

He picks up the later the game gets

Unless he's being bamboozled by scum :unsmigghh:

:argh:

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

## vote spoonsy

I guess this is gonna be what the thing is.

we have three hours until deadline, that's not a lot but do you have any reasons to be voting spoonsy instead of steak? just blindly going with the biggest train is scummy as hell

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

What. It's day 1 and all the cases are poo poo. This looks like it's gonna be the day 1 thing in this game.

"day 1" does not absolve you from having an opinion

im not asking for an essay im asking for an opinion

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

gently caress it ill be around to switch to a different train if i need to

##vote pig

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

Imagine me here broadly gesturing to your posts in this game as a physical object rather than a nebulous concept

i voted for spoonsy because he credulously believed a n0 cop joke claim while also saying 'if pig's cop result is wrong we should lunch pig next' to distance himself from the consequences of his actions

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

dmboogie posted:

i voted for spoonsy because he credulously believed a n0 cop joke claim while also saying 'if pig's cop result is wrong we should lunch pig next' to distance himself from the consequences of his actions

because other people had said basically the same thing, i feel like 'lmao' contributed about as much to the conversation at that point in time

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

okay

##vote steak

:goofy:

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

you live another day pig

##vote spoonsy

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

f

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Sub Rosa posted:

If the way echo works is it makes the quoted person just vote for who they voted for in the quote, as Spoonsy claims, rather than who the person using echo voted for, then this makes no sense "Scientastic's vote has been moved to steal (translated to steak)." Because Scientastic did not vote for "steal" Scientastic voted for "Mr Steak". This makes me think that echo actually makes the quoted person vote for whoever the echo user is voting for? Which means Spoonsy is lying?

i dont think spoonsy looks good rn but this is extremely pedantic

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

Then again, the town flips also seem to suggest three towns and that's nonsense so v:shobon:v

is that really nonsense, there's three different types of ability and the towns map to that

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Amnistar posted:

Mr. Steak - Fantasia Magi-Tech Cult-Aligned - Mana Drainer has been executed.

SKILL: Drain Mana - Each night you can target a player. If the player has a MAGIC skill, they lose 1 charge. If this would reduce the number of charges to lower than required to use the action, their action will fail.
SKILL: Strongman - If you submit the nightkill, you cannot be stopped by any other night actions.

yeah not much ambiguity that this is a scum team

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Maigius posted:

I didn't see the explanation post at the time. I bury a dead person and their stuff every night.

why did you claim this

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Maigius posted:

I'm dumb, but telling the truth.

im not calling you a liar im asking why you felt the need to claim

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

##vote Maigius

literally none of this adds up

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

Maigius I think you should fullclaim. Full.

seconded

merk seems a bit off but maigius is so incredibly off the scum charts that i'd definitely prefer to vote them today

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Maigius posted:

Town wants me to help prevent scum from getting at those sweet items.

Maigius posted:

I am the town Gravekeeper. Every night I can bury someone. If someone has visited the grave, the thread gets the grave is disturbed message that we got at the start of D2. I know who disturbed the grave. Last night it was Merk.
Will review who I think is scummy and report back in a couple of hours.

so you don't prevent scum from doing anything?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

noted town move, giving up

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Jose Valasquez posted:

A serious claim would require cpig to do something of value in this game, so it is definitely a joke

is pig even above the lurker threshold

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Jose Valasquez posted:

No but neither are you

the secret is that I am

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

did spoonsy ever do his second echo to prove he could only do it once a day

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

dmboogie posted:

did spoonsy ever do his second echo to prove he could only do it once a day

note: he didn't

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

sorry man im reading but im tired

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

lmao

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

CapnAndy posted:

Two things I find interesting: the "learning what they do" clause on the items merk collected seems useless given that we're getting full flips, and merk recharges TECH but both he and steak only had SKILLs.

tech items can be given away. so if merk looted the grave of someone who had received a tech item from a living player; that wouldn't be revealed in the flip, hence why he'd need to learn what it does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

hi I killed hambeet but it wasn’t on purpose I swear

my role protects people from NKs but will also kill someone else who visits the person I protected, no matter what they’re actually doing