Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
This is what it’s like when worlds colllliiiide
This is what it’s liiiiiiike

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I drank too much coffee. Feel sick. Thanks for listening. Like, follow and subscribe.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Shiraz? What are you, Australian?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

b-minus1 posted:

Steak are you gonna vote everyone in the game

We used to call this spaghetti strategy.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Squiggly posted:

Merk it seems odd you haven't commented on anything substantial this game. Sensei we need your guidance

Weekends are bad for me. I've read about twenty total posts so far.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
OK

This was my son's birthday weekend. That has now concluded, and I am home. I will be on early tomorrow morning reading this game fresh.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

merk - scum ping

How could you possibly have a scum ping on me? I've literally done nothing this game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You can’t have a scum ping on no content. That’s fake.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Deadline is tonight and I’ve done nothing. Ok. Here goes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

b-minus1 posted:

This is either a scumbus or scum jumping on an easy wagon. Either##vote pq

This is the best case b- has ever made in mafia. I’m inclined to follow it. ##vote pq

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I literally read the post and thought of how good it was at the time and was shocked when I saw b- wrote it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
PQ’s scum meta is to awkwardly post very seldomly because he doesn’t know what to do. Happened in telephone mafia and I used the same meta point to catch him in a future game that I forget now (on phone).

As town, he’s conversational, active and easy going. This is not that. B- nailed it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Scientastic’s confidence in early d1 cases feels off.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Tom Tucker spending joke phase talking about how great he is at scum hunting and he should be left alive feels off.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

That’s a very persuasive case on Steak, I think

You’ve played enough games with Steak to know that Steak posts ridiculously and scummy as any alignment on d1. I don’t understand how you can find that case compelling.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Steak posted:

but anyway, trying to figure out my alignment from *tone* of all things.... i just feel like sandwolf should know better. for half of this game, probably not cuz theres a lot of people i haven't played with much (including you tbh, tho u skirt the edge), but sandwolf has played with me more than enough to know that. and i mean, he's certainly leaning into that fact by talking about his familiarity with me and how i'm posting "different". but i'd be surprised if that's his genuinely held view, since that's a lofty claim he's making. the ability to notice my posting being different based on alignment is something many others have tried and failed to do

Ha, yes. Exactly.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’ll even ##vote Sandwolf

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tom Tucker posted:

Hard disagree - meta defenses / cases of "he should know better because he played with me and I acted like xxx not yyy" are super weak.

I think this is steaks town game for what it’s worth. That post I just quoted sounds like genuine scum hunting from him even though it’s clouded in a self provided meta defense.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

I will never understand why people are so willing to give Steak a pass for saying and doing scummy things because he “posts ridiculously and scummy.”

Absolutely baffling, sometimes he posts ridiculously and scummy, sometimes he just posts ridiculously. He’s posting *a lot* here and it’s all stilted and awkward. He doesn’t sound chill as gently caress, he sounds like he’s trying to appear chill as gently caress while actually being nervous.

His response to Spoonsy:

Tell me that doesn’t feel artificial and performative

Ok, that’s a better explanation. I didn’t see that reading him but your point makes more sense now.

##vote PQ

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I really want that b- case to be correct.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tom Tucker posted:

I'm sorry players are just allowed to be scummy because "they always do it"?

CapnAndy is here too.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Squiggly posted:

See, that's what's bothering me is that his posts aren't ridiculous they're calm and reasonable

I didn’t feel like he was different at all but admittedly am on a phone catching up quickly.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Mafia dad moment: There are people you won’t catch as scum by any early game tells. You have to look at voting patterns, claims, and cases.

I think many people in this game fall into that bucket, Steak being one in my experience.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Humalong posted:

I'm fine with all 3 vote leaders. I still think my Spoonsy case is correct, but PQ has been pretty in-line with their posting style in telephone mafia, and I'm always very into getting Steak removed from the game ASAP.

Steak dying is a net positive to town regardless of alignment. I’ll agree there.

What is the spoonsy case? If someone made one please link if you know where it is.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Humalong posted:

I will know for sure Steak is scum by the time he starts claiming and twirling his mustache around day 2 or 3.

In my first game ever with him he fakeclaimed gunsmith as vanilla town and rode it out for like four game days with fake results.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tom Tucker posted:

All this meta poo poo really has me riled - person acts scummy, person is likely to be scum, that's it. If a person is always acting scummy then they need to learn to play better, the town doesn't need to coddle them, because then they just get free reign all the time.

loving. Yuck.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’m here to win this game, not improve the overall mafia community to maybe net myself more wins later. I used to try that with people like Varinn and Dhaes. They won’t change. Play to the people in the room and find a way to win.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Spoonsy posted:

I’m on mobile but does the OP say anything about N0 actions? Either way, between that and this statement of two scum groups (which once again, mobile, but has anyone else brought up?), I feel comfortable in ##vote Humalong

If I’m wrong we look at CapitalistPig tomorrow.

Ok.

##vote spoonsy

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I REALLY want b- to be right though so I’d flip to PQ in a heartbeat.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tom Tucker posted:

You're missing the point. I don't care about other games - how are we supposed to find scum if we can't vote for someone in this game for being scummy?

I really don't get it. There's so much "he acted like this in this game and he was scum" and "well he posted this in another game and he was town" - tabula rasa people, I've never seen this kind of meta stuff work and the last time I saw it was in the good place with scum doing a gentle day 1 bus on a scumbuddy which got roundly dunked on as it should.

You seem to be purposely missing the obvious point.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Scientastic posted:

I am way less confident that Sal is scum now, he does actually bring up their relationship in one of his posts in D1, I missed it in my excitement at thinking I had definitely caught scum.

Looking at my other two scum picks, I feel like both Nep and Merk both spent too much time defending Steak. But while Nep's defending Steak fits with what I've seen of him as town before (and therefore gives me pause), merk's feel's quite strongly out of character.

And my gut says merk is scum, and you can't ignore your gut.

##Vote merk

Scientastic posted:

Got it, thanks for clarifying. Pro-town posting from pods here.

What's your opinion of Sal, Merk and Nep? They are definitely the top of my list for suspect interactions around the Steak vote...

I strongly advocated that Steak was town. I was wrong. End of story.

If you think I'm that 'on the nose' as scum, you really don't respect my scum game at all.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Mr. Steak (14): Scientastic, Scientastic, Jeabus Mahogany, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Jeabus Mahogany, Tom Tucker, Sub Rosa, Sandwolf, Maigius, CapnAndy, b-minus1, b-minus1, xopods, Mr. Humalong, b-minus1, CapitalistPig, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, CapitalistPig, Nep-Nep, Jose Valasquez, Squiggly, Maigius, CapitalistPig, LordNad, Spoonsy, Voodoofly, Scientastic
Spoonsy (10): LordNad, LordNad, Scientastic, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak, dmboogie, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, merk, LordNad, DGK2000, CapitalistPig, dmboogie, SalTheBard, MisterJed, Mr. Humalong, CapitalistPig, Mr. Humalong, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, dmboogie, CapitalistPig, Jeabus Mahogany, Maigius, CapitalistPig, LordNad
Pussy Quipped (1): b-minus1, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, cheese sandwich, merk, merk, merk, merk, b-minus1
CapnAndy (1): Scientastic, Pussy Quipped, CapitalistPig, Sub Rosa, Scientastic, Sub Rosa, CapitalistPig, Jeabus Mahogany, Jeabus Mahogany, Squiggly, Squiggly
Nep-Nep (1): hambeet
Jeabus Mahogany (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Nep-Nep, Nep-Nep
CapitalistPig (0): dmboogie, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, dmboogie, dmboogie, b-minus1, Squiggly, b-minus1, Spoonsy, CapitalistPig, dmboogie, CapitalistPig, Squiggly, Spoonsy
Sandwolf (0): Scientastic, Scientastic, DGK2000, merk, merk, DGK2000
Mr. Humalong (0): CapitalistPig, Spoonsy, Spoonsy, Jeabus Mahogany, CapitalistPig, Jeabus Mahogany
Sub Rosa (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Scientastic (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly, xopods, Sub Rosa, Sub Rosa, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, xopods
Tom Tucker (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly, Nep-Nep, Nep-Nep
Jose Valasquez (0): CapnAndy, Mr. Steak, Jose Valasquez, Mr. Steak, Jose Valasquez, Voodoofly, CapnAndy, Voodoofly
dmboogie (0): Nep-Nep, Jose Valasquez, Nep-Nep, CapnAndy, CapnAndy, Jose Valasquez
Squiggly (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
xopods (0): SalTheBard, CapnAndy, CapnAndy, SalTheBard
merk (0): Sub Rosa, Sub Rosa
Maigius (0): xopods, Scientastic, Scientastic, xopods, Jeabus Mahogany, LordNad, cheese sandwich, Spoonsy, cheese sandwich, Jeabus Mahogany, LordNad, xopods, xopods, Spoonsy
Voodoofly (0): Spoonsy, Spoonsy

Not Voting (0):

With 26 alive, it's 14 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 01st, 2020 at 6 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 10 minutes.

Is this an error or is Scientastic a double voter?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

LordNad posted:

##vote Steak

I don't like a lot of the people on Spoonsy.

LordNad makes the vote 11/10 with Steak over Spoonsy here. If Spoonsy isn't scum, I think LordNad looks town for this vote.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Spoonsy posted:

gently caress it. I want to live.

##vote steal

##echo Scientastic

Oh, it was this?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Scientastic posted:

I am way less confident that Sal is scum now, he does actually bring up their relationship in one of his posts in D1, I missed it in my excitement at thinking I had definitely caught scum.

Looking at my other two scum picks, I feel like both Nep and Merk both spent too much time defending Steak. But while Nep's defending Steak fits with what I've seen of him as town before (and therefore gives me pause), merk's feel's quite strongly out of character.

And my gut says merk is scum, and you can't ignore your gut.

##Vote merk

I don't understand this vote at all. What is "out of character" in me defending Steak from my town game? If I think someone is town, I will defend them from lynch.

This vote feels fake. It doesn't make sense. You think you can get me lynched today and are trying to do it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Scientastic posted:

I am fully on board with executing Steak, but I think Tom is making the mistake of seeing Steak incredible scummy posting and seeing Steak as scum.

Difficult, I know, but I’m pretty sure Steak just posts terrible scummy poo poo all the time regardless of alignment.

Scientastic posted:

Sub Rosa’s case on Steak is a highly town move, the only problem is that Steak is about the scummiest poster I’ve ever seen and sadly it’s impossible to draw an alignment call from it.

And this is from someone who spent literally a whole game trying to get him executed.

Scientastic posted:

Also, Maigius’ case against Steak falls down a bit because it doesn’t take into account that Steak and I are arch-nemeses

Here's Steak's scum buddy trying to lightly defend him while keeping the door open to lynch him if needed. ##vote Scientastic

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

I think this is steaks town game for what it’s worth. That post I just quoted sounds like genuine scum hunting from him even though it’s clouded in a self provided meta defense.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm not unvoting Scientastic until he's removed from the game. This is scum gaslighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Keep moving your goalposts to fit your fake narrative. It's working great.