Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince

I played tenor. The one I had in HS was donated by an alumni's family and was super nice. It was a pretty obscure French brand so it took a lot of effort to figure out just what it was. Anyway a few years back I see someone in the US selling the exact model on ebay! I knew it so well, as soon as I saw it I knew it was the one. Now it lives in my storage locker. One day I'll live somewhere that I can practice it without annoying my neighbors, ie not a flat or apartment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

My sax in HS was called gator, but I didn't name it that, that was what everyone called it. It had a faux(?) alligator skin case. My gator is in a modern travel case, but it's still gator.

One of my fave songs on sax was I Remember Clifford, which is a trumpet song mainly, but the backing horns are lovely and in our band I had a solo following the trumpet solo. Also it's easy to play the lead on tenor too, because they're both b-flat instruments. Also it's just a beautiful song.

And very much different to that, we did an instrumental arrangement of Vehicle by the Ides of March which was absolutely awesome. Had an alto and tenor solo in it.

Finger Prince

Dixville posted:

Ooh that's a good one. I can def figure that one out thanks!
https://youtu.be/9Go4J1RaeuM

I really want to find a song to play that I can do the vocal part as sax and play along with karaoke accompaniment. I'll be looking for something. Possibly something stevie wonder?

Don't get around much anymore?

Finger Prince

https://i.imgur.com/nPtRDXO.gifv