Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Wow. The chain has closed and I guess any buffet style restaurant is about to go down too because of this loving virus. In a lot of ways I feel like I’m in a simulation or dead. 6 years ago I had a widow maker and they were going to intubate me when I started having fluid in my lungs from heart failure. They tied my hands down and I screamed for them to not do it since I believed then that I’d die not being able to say any last words. They untied me and put me on Lasix instead. Maybe I really am on a respirator or dead and this is all a dream of sorts.

https://people.com/food/souplantati...impression=true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

God damb them

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Pouring out a 40oz of that sweet cream butter for my homie

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Used to take my kids to the one in Porter Ranch in Los Angeles. They were 2 and 4 at the time. They are now 19 and 21 now and every two weeks I would visit them and we more times than not came here to eat since it was good healthy food. I remember grossing them out by putting ketchup on their delicious Mac and cheese. Their mushroom soup was amazing as well as their chili bean soup (put onion and cheese on it and corn bread).

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Lmao, Souplantation? Haha OMG good Jesus Christ who would eat anywhere with the word plantation in the name. Ya know what, in impressed they made it these long three oppressive years of existence. Good for them. Good for them.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
This is a day that will live in infamy

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Rip xxxsouplantacion

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party
This is unAmerican. Thanks Obama.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Is this relevant outside of Los Angeles?

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

interwhat posted:

Its called Sweet tomatoes in the other shittier states

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

interwhat posted:

Actually, yes. You can expect buffet-style restaurants in general to go tits up in the wake of Corona. Forget six feet, you can't get people to stay six inches apart when they want their endless gravy fountain. And any hotel or restaurant with a salad bar or any other serve yourself section is going to have to turn it into a planter.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

some of the filthiest floors ive ever seen at a place. Never went back.

Dont know why I went once tbh

Marcus Elden
Apr 8, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
CEO in 2019: Let's keep the name "plantation" in our name

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

"People can get a bowl of soup anywhere! They come here to get soup and be reminded of slavery"

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Didn't Souplantation have a different name in some states? Like Happy Tomatoes or some dumb poo poo like that.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Never heard of them before and I guess I never will again. So it goes.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Haha, Souplantation? That's a dumb name. Never heard of it. Guess I don't have to-

quote:

All 97 locations of Souplantation and Sweet Tomatoes

Oh no. Oh no!

Piggy Smalls posted:

Its called Sweet tomatoes in the other shittier states

It's called that in the rest of California, too. Well. It was called that.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
My girlfriend is from Southern California and she raves about this place occasionally. She talks about how awesome the salads and soups are. I've never been anywhere out west though. Oh well... The name is hilarious garbage anyways.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 14:32 on May 8, 2020

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I don't like the name Souplantation, they should rename it The Souplex and make it a wrasslin' themed soup restaurant

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Geez is their parent company "Slavers Bar and Grill" going to be ok? Their "Hunan Chattel" sauce is to die for

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

I have seen Sweet Tomatoes and never been in, but how did a place called Souplantation survive until 2020 in the first place? I guess select clientele who knew what they wanted. A taste of the old South.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

did anyone mention slavery yet

if so, did anyone else mention airline food

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

rip unlimited salad bar, giving me diarrhea in heaven

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
im weird and always avoid eating at buffets and potlucks and poo poo like that so this doesn't effect me OP

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
tbh I never liked eating there.

RIP restaurant I didn't care for.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I never thought COVID-19 would take all-you-can-eat buffets away from me. Corona-chan, how could you?!?

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

In the Atlanta-area 'burbs they were called "Sweet Tomatoes" too and like...if there's any place they could have marketed a "buffet with plantation in the name", it would have been "to the white people living OTP-Atlanta suburbs."

Any time I went there (as a kid/didn't have a say in the matter) it massively gave me the shits in a way that should be completely out of the question when the meal is 85% vegetables.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

other people posted:

im weird and always avoid eating at buffets and potlucks and poo poo like that so this doesn't effect me OP

37% of packaged food is repurposed from buffets and then sold to the consumer at considerable markup.
At best you're getting it cheaper and handled/touched far less and in much more sanitary conditions at a buffet than waiting to see what it becomes after. hth

Polly Toodle
Apr 21, 2010

CHARIZARD used SMOKESCREEN
It doesn't affect GEORDI THE BLASTOISE!
I have $200 in Sweet Tomatoes giftcards. Welp, that was a poor investment. I'm really just sad to see it go because most of my family is vegetarian and this was one of the most vegetarian friendly places in my area.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

seriouspost I think most places will allow you to cash those out or redeem them in some other way like converting them to other area restaurants etc

FalconImpala
Oct 21, 2018

Wow, a cow made of butter. My girls would love it. In fact, the first sentence Caroline ever said was "I like butter"

Doodles posted:

Actually, yes. You can expect buffet-style restaurants in general to go tits up in the wake of Corona. Forget six feet, you can't get people to stay six inches apart when they want their endless gravy fountain. And any hotel or restaurant with a salad bar or any other serve yourself section is going to have to turn it into a planter.

loving take me instead
If I only could make a deal with God to swap our places

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Bogus Adventure posted:

I never thought COVID-19 would take all-you-can-eat buffets away from me. Corona-chan, how could you?!?

corona-chan prefers her husbandos to be slender and fit

go out walking when nobody is around, and exercise at home. she has defeated the vile buffet, she will overcome obesity in our time

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
So loving Souplantation is fine, but the bank manager throws me out before I can even finish the pitch for my outdoors Mexican food retaurant, Chili Concentration Camp? loving bullshit.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Gabbagool Gulag will reign supreme

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

My outdoor, catholic themed "Mass, potatoes, and gravy yard" died in concept

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Colonel Cancer posted:

Gabbagool Gulag will reign supreme

Gabbagulag was right there

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I liked Sweet Tomatoes, but drat was it expensive for soup and salad.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It has been soupplanted by restaurants with a less disease prone business model :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Burger Fuhrer?