Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

https://rudetalesofmagic.simplecast.com/

Branson Reese and his jester's retinue, Christopher Hastings, Carly Monardo, Tim Platt, Joe Lepore, and Ali Fisher, buck and bumble through the magical backwater world of Cordelia. One hopes you enjoy both japes AND scrapes, because honestly, it would be impossible to disentangle one from the other, given their profound entwinement in this particular piece of entertainment. Produced by Taylor Moore @ Fortunate Horse.

CAST

Albeara "Albee" Dawn is played by Carly Monardo. She's a fawn, is extremely excitable, gets perfect grades, and REALLY wants to know if you've heard about her idol Kreedis (The Hero Monk of the four elements). If this podcast were an anime she would probably be the main character.

Cordelia Sasquatch is played by Ali Fisher. Best friend of Albee. Grew up alone never knowing another member of her kind and thus lacks social skills. Has recently made a demonic deal with an entity known as Cheddar where she hands out coupons for his restaurant in Hell in exchange for magic powers that she can't fully control.

Bellow is played by Joe Lepore. Bellow is a super sexy and almost psychotically chill Tiefling. What he lacks in brains he more than makes up for in looking good without a shirt on. Albee has a painfully obvious crush on him that he is blissfully unaware of.

Frederick de Bonesby is played by Christopher Hastings. Mr. de Bonesby was once a powerful noble man and wizard, but then he tried to turn himself into a lich and hosed it up so now he's just a skeleton man who's lost most of his magic. Kind of an rear end in a top hat in a major way. When he still had his powers he used them to teach a bird to speak, and that bird was...

Stirfry is played by Tim Platt. You will hate Stirfry, and then you will love him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
cherished matthew

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I thought de Bonseby defending Albee in this ep was very sweet

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
The amount of genuinely touching character development that has come from the peepee poopoo d&d podcast is incredible.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Ok I'll be the one to say it: Stirfry is good, but de Bonesby is S tier.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Take in its bubbling abyss.....

Do it ironically fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 9, 2020

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Warbird posted:

Ok I'll be the one to say it: Stirfry is good, but de Bonesby is S tier.

I’m a patreon and Taylor reccoed an album for me after I said I was tired from all the zoom meetings I had and it was chill as hell

De Bonesby is most definitely S tier, Stir Fry is also awesome

Do it ironically fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 9, 2020

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I did die for stir-fry

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Do it ironically posted:

Take in its bubbling abyss.....

The vapors form figures both strange and tragic!

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Do it ironically posted:

I’m a patreon and Taylor reccoed an album for me after I said I was tired from all the zoom meetings I had and it was chill as hell

De Bonesby is most definitely S tier, Stir Fry is also awesome

what album was it

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

goblin week posted:

what album was it

Les Paul - Hawaiian Paradise, this was after the Danny timeshare episode

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Was DTS voiced by someone of note? I saw some reactions about the VA but I didn’t recognize the voice.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Oh poo poo I had no idea this was Branson Reese's podcast (of Smooth Shark/One Fear/etc fame). I just listened to the first episode and it feels very polished. I'll keep going for sure.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
hey soul sister

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

showbiz_liz posted:

I just listened to the first episode and it feels very polished. I'll keep going for sure.

Yeah, it's really funny. I really appreciate how everything is kept in-character and there's not the constant out-of-character goofs that I've heard from other shows. It almost has the feel of a scripted show.

And I don't know anything about the DM but he seems fantastic.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

AndrewP posted:

And I don't know anything about the DM but he seems fantastic.

Well for one thing his comics are incredible

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Holy poo poo I didn't know it was this guy. That's awesome.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Branson recorded an entire commentary for Space Jam, in character as Senator Pepsi

https://www.patreon.com/posts/36068797

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

I, Butthole posted:

hey soul sister

This part was the cherry on top of a perfect episode!

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

This was one of my favorite de Bonesby moments:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGzA7wGnrCs

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.
MY NAME IS GERRY MENTLEGEN AND NOTHING IN THIS WORLD
PISSES ME OFF NEAR HALF AS BAD AS WHEN MY DIAPER'S SOILED

Down With People fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 13, 2020

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
All the character stuff came together so perfectly, thematically and dramatically, in this most recent episode. According to the new Patreon discussion about this, Branson and guest Brennan, who played Kreedis talked a lot about how he wanted to play things, but all the stuff from Carly/Albee was off the cuff.

Besides all the emotional stuff, making the endless fountain of nachos they conjured as a joke becoming her final lesson was also some inspired improv.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
BLM is so loving talented, both as a DM and as a player. He fits in effortlessly in all these different campaigns with different players; NADDPOD, TAZ, and now rude tales.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is Kebin related to Mother?

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

Bellow is #1 Himbo

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

RandomPauI posted:

Is Kebin related to Mother?

I don’t think so. It’s pretty clear that Kebin is demonic, but Mother seems to be something like a nature spirit. Kebin appeared in Cordelia at the time the school disappeared, two days before they talked to Casper, while it seems Mother has been around longer.

I relistened to the Kebin episode yesterday, and I forgot how funny it was even with the big final change. After the gruesome description when Kebin first appears, there’s a pause, and at the perfect moment, Joe says “Bellow stops Naruto running and starts regular running.”

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

New characters are predictably phenomenal

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

This harpy interrogation, I'm loving dying

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
That was so good lmao

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Skunk the orphan girl has such a great voice.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Branson has a gift for NPC names

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
These characters seem a lot more morally flexible than the normal crew so it'll be interesting to see how they handle things.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
“oh my god how many kids did you stab before you found me” “let me tell you, it’s not zero!”

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Aww, the piss of the body!

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
hee hee hee heeeeeee

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I binged through Rude Tales while doing mindless work from home poo poo and it rules. DM and players alike are endlessly creative and you can tell that it's been ruthlessly edited because it keeps a fantastic pace at all times. I'm very excited to hear more of Ali's horrible harpy laugh in this spinoff.

Also I'm sad because now I have to wait for new episodes like every other schmuck.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Party Boat posted:

I binged through Rude Tales while doing mindless work from home poo poo and it rules. DM and players alike are endlessly creative and you can tell that it's been ruthlessly edited because it keeps a fantastic pace at all times. I'm very excited to hear more of Ali's horrible harpy laugh in this spinoff.

Also I'm sad because now I have to wait for new episodes like every other schmuck.

God, I know that feeling. Going from having a big backlog of episodes to having to wait two weeks for more of this show is the worst.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
They say in the Patreon episodes that a major reason why they’re doing a side story is the quarantine. Trying to read and play off each over Zoom apparently sucks rear end. So I can see them going for a looser band of wacky assholes instead of friends with emotional connections. Despite all that, the interaction Torrin had with her little friend who got adopted was really sweet and sad.

But while they are playing wildly different characters, Carly and Allie’s characters will always be friends :3:

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 20:04 on May 28, 2020

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I bet they tried recording an episode in the regular story and it just didn't work well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Rude Tales of Magic: Ride or DIE for Stirfry