Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I guess it's technically a mark of improv talent that that person thinks the show is on rails (unlike Branson's car with which he will hit them)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Empty Sandwich posted:

I guess it's technically a mark of improv talent that that person thinks the show is on rails (unlike Branson's car with which he will hit them)

It's definitely a thing that happens after good improv shows, paradoxically; if the team was good enough, sometimes people will be like "bullshit, they planned all that"

never happened to me but i've heard it from better teams

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
not quite the same thing, but my brother volunteered to rap one of the songs during a concert by one of our favorite groups. he did it flawlessly and they were effusive and gave him a t-shirt.

someone in the audience got incredibly mad at him because he did so well she was sure he was a ringer.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

DoombatINC posted:

https://twitter.com/Stobert/status/1521219817151381506

:hai: the Museum of Threes is not the product of a show with a tight grip on its narrative nor a DM that is capable of mistakes

The bit recently where a couple of the characters just went "Lets go on a walk in the woods to look for what we want, oh look, there's a cottage lets go hang out" was apparently just them deciding to go to a cottage in the woods. Entirely made up on the spot, yet sounded like it was a fully fleshed out location he had planned on them going to. There's no way that was railroaded, it just was two people deciding to have a character moment and Branson going along with it.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I imagine there's also a decent amount of editing going on that makes it sound more seamless and fully-discovered than it actually was in the room. I think on one of the rude talks they mentioned that sometimes entire tangents will get cut if they end up not being relevant to the arc of the episode.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

New Rude Tales and it's very very good!

Branson's impressions of all the cast killed me, as did Joe's two right hands and his love letter to Ali

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Party Boat posted:

New Rude Tales and it's very very good!

Branson's impressions of all the cast killed me, as did Joe's two right hands and his love letter to Ali

I think I like Branson's stir fry better than Tim's

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ainsley McTree posted:

"Alright that's a three, but with my modifier it's a fifty-two!"

Also: Uncle Roddy lives! And will never die!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I am two minutes in and I am already hooked! I hope we check in on these characters a lot as the campaign goes along

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Trying not to laugh too much on an airplane during the end of this episode, especially because executive producer Dick Wolf got me good

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Jason Baby

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Ainsley McTree posted:

Pausing in the middle of an elaborate description of his attack to say "can I do this?" was perfect

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Incredible

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

flavor.flv posted:

I am two minutes in and I am already hooked! I hope we check in on these characters a lot as the campaign goes along

Okay well gently caress me I guess

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

flavor.flv posted:

I genuinely thought you were doing a bit hahaha

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

flavor.flv posted:

I saw where it was going from the start, but then I started to get emotionally attached and wanted at least some of them to survive. Sadly, that was not meant to be :smith:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

flavor.flv posted:

legit :lol:

It was a very good episode

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Goddamn Crazy Game of Poker out of nowhere. These guys are raiding my Spotify listen history and I demand a producer credit for it.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Amazing episode all around!

A couple small things that jumped out at me: 1, when Stephanie pulls an arrow out of her torso and throws it to the ground, they play the shattering glass sound effect (someone mentioned it's a recurring gag and now I can't miss it!), and 2, "Please describe what happens to your head, because it's different from what happens to your body" is a brutal character prompt lol

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Party Boat posted:

I genuinely thought you were doing a bit hahaha

lol same and I was trying to think of a way to gently chastise a spoiler that didn't obviously give away that it was a spoiler (impossible, i decided, so i gave up)

definitely curious to hear the rude talks for this one, i wonder if branson planned ahead of time that this was gonna be a TPK, and if so, whether he told any of the players ahead of time, or if he let it be a surprise. I am sad we don't get to have more jason baby

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
In my restless dreams, I see Prolapse doing the Charleston

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
in re this episode

lol

lmao

e:

flavor.flv posted:

when I got to the end I (mis)remembered your post and thought you were doing a bit about the regular party

Empty Sandwich fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 8, 2022

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Once again Ali has absolutely annihilated me simply by introducing an Oh These Those character

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Cordelia is in some way the most “normal” personality in the group (except, y’know, an 8 foot Sasquatch) so Oh These Those has revealed the depths of weird characters Ali has in her.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah, i enjoy that about o these those, how it lets the players flex their range a bit by playing other characters. They mentioned in one of the rude talks about how happy they were to have prolapse show up because it let Chris show off how weird he can get, versus de Bonesby who, and I can't believe I'm saying this about an anthropomorphic skeleton who's trying to become a lich, is more grounded

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

You get a little more Weird Chris energy on OTTSS with Dr Dewey, the ENT that carries a sword

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The whole cast is great, but I think vocally speaking Chris has the most range.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Cordelia is in some way the most “normal” personality in the group (except, y’know, an 8 foot Sasquatch) so Oh These Those has revealed the depths of weird characters Ali has in her.

Ali also knocked it out of the park as Deli during Come At The King. Man, I should listen to that again!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Listening to the most recent Oh these those and i'm losing it to, honestly every single noise that Branson makes, and also professional children

e: and of course, who could forget smaller cats

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 12, 2022

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Is Tim capable of playing a character that isn't constantly in need of validation?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Who What Now posted:

Is Tim capable of playing a character that isn't constantly in need of validation?

Are you? :v:

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Rude Talks of Chatting going for broke right at the start, an all timer. Waaaaaah

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Deremith
Chestershire
Meredith Chesterfield

This means something.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I don't think I'll ever be tired of forced Cryptkeeper puns.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

More like you'll never pyre of forced Cryptkeeper puns! Like a funeral pyre! A-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Warbird posted:

Are you? :v:

Sister, I've never been validated in my life and, God willing, never will be.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I don’t know how they managed to make a visual joke work for an audio podcast, but the gag in the most recent oh these those of the puppet getting flung across the room and reusing the same shot for it killed me every time

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Ainsley McTree posted:

I don’t know how they managed to make a visual joke work for an audio podcast, but the gag in the most recent oh these those of the puppet getting flung across the room and reusing the same shot for it killed me every time

"you can't ever see his legs, except in special shots, like he's riding a bike or something"

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I know that looney tunes is a big influence on branson/the show, and im glad to see the muppets get some recognition too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Deremith
Chestershire
Meredith Chesterfield

This means something.

Ali loves naming her characters after other characters she's played before.

Hence why she has one character named "Cordelia" and another named "Deli" and also why her character is named "Frankie" in the vampire the masquerade one shot and she then played another character named "Frankie" in the witch hunter one shot.