Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

I, Butthole posted:

hey soul sister

This part was the cherry on top of a perfect episode!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Any idea if there will be a replay of the liveshow 6PM is a bit early.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Party Boat posted:

Yeah they've said in the patreon / on twitter that if you can't make the show they're going to make it available as some kind of digital download in the store after the fact.

Awesome! Thanks

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Holy crap the last episode of Come at the King had a ton of licensed music, they must be doing pretty good!

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Well poo poo my pants I got Gerry Mentlegen

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
https://twitter.com/of_rude/status/1315288185870655490?s=20

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

tsob posted:

One more potential actual play to add to the pile. Also, I just listened to the New Year's Eve/Pissmis special from last year yesterday, and while I wasn't a big fan of it at the start, because everyone had a nervous energy that was causing them to break out in to giggling constantly, once they settled down in to their randomly assigned characters and actually started getting in to things it was great. About a half hour or three quarters of an hour in, when they're all confessing their shames to the locked door and you can hear the producer (whose name escapes me right now) losing his poo poo in the background for a good five minutes is solid gold.

Taylor Moore is the producer, and if you haven't listened to Blood Tales of Depravity you should, his Nosferatu character was my favorite.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Party Boat posted:

Whoever was having a tough time with Kebin, there's some similar stuff in this week's episode. Not the same, so it might not be an issue, but it goes to some hosed up places. (I loved it.)

I actually thought it was Kebin for a second just after the Buzzards flew off, though I must say, SERVANT was a very gross and pleasant surprise. Also the multitude of hellos from the birds was a masterful piece of editing and the final hello was perfection

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

redcheval posted:

Thanks y'all!! I tagged em on Twitter and they were super kind about it and Tim Platt was stoked on it and that was really cool. Maybe someday I'll have time to do the second one with the fish!

Don't be so modest, it's great and he really loves it!

https://twitter.com/TimothyPlatt/status/1348385876934602752?s=20

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Lmao Tzu posted:

You could tell Branson...

Arrggg spoiler!

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

goblin week posted:

THUNDERLINGUS RULES PRESENT TENSE

extremely good audio mixing this episode

The other cast members were laughing while Ivan was explaining why he couldn't turn into a bat so I wonder if Branson was adjusting his volume up and down on his own on the call.

I really need to finish this episode.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
They've put the musical number from the last episode up on bandcamp

https://twitter.com/TimothyPlatt/status/1397659289255395329?s=20

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

some plague rats posted:

Same.

Same here! WTF

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Bellow as Aerith is :perfect:

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
The more I listen to Rude Tales the more impressed I become with Joe. Bellow is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters, he perfectly nails dumb but charismatic. Herding everyone into the sewer to get away from Brian gently caress was perfection

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah, he's understated, but he plays stupid very smart. I love the way he says "huh??" in that very particular way when he's baffled by a simple thing, as well as the bit where he was sure that Cordelia had a crush on him.

I only have 10 or so episodes left before I'm caught up, and I think I only started listening like two weeks ago. I promised myself I wasn't going to spend $10/mo on the patreon, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna break that as soon as I run out of free episodes, this show is really funny. Branson has such a gift of language, he reminds of Douglas Adams at times. And then there are lines like "you see a little man with a lovely face that sucks" that also ruin me

Just reading your post I could hear Bellow saying "huh?"

I also totally agree with the Douglas Adams comparison, they both have/had a particular way with language.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I'm less than 2 minutes into the Tim Honey Heist preview and the entire cast has already lost it, I think this is what finally gets me to join the patreon.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This commitment to honesty is why I feel my monthly donation is money well spent.

I just pulled the trigger, there's an entire bonus episode about Radiohead in there too.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Empty Sandwich posted:

I'm not even finished with the Honey Heist and loving lol

Is it just everyone cracking up the whole time? I’m down for that.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Empty Sandwich posted:

when it was billed as "the most Tim Platt thing ever"... I have no way of knowing if this is true, but also I know that it is true.

also lots of everyone cracking up. the players keep loving with him, in the Bello "what's your name?" way but more savage, and his ripostes/interpretations are generally loving golden.

very much worth it if you've got the extra scratch, but I've been subbed forever

This is what finally convinced me to sub. I’ve got a flight tomorrow and I’m saving it for that.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
https://twitter.com/TimothyPlatt/status/1441893078051266566?s=20

:frog:

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Ainsley McTree posted:

it's so easy to forget that that's what the original "one fear" joke was

I mean, you gotta post it!

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
New patreon episode it up and Tim is running it.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

showbiz_liz posted:

This episode has made me want to subscribe to the Patreon more than any other episode. I make very little money but should probably just do it, I can always cancel...

Do you lose access to the Patreon feed after you cancel?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Forum Hussy posted:

Catching up on Oh These Those etc etc and just listened to the Thanksgiving Parsley episode. It feels like either everybody really loves Tim or he has insane blackmail material on all of them

That being said it was Ali who got the final save sound to song in that was driving Carly crazy.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Happy Landfill posted:

The Prolapse voice just kills me everytime

I think Chris confirmed that Prolapse is literally Meatwad.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Happy Landfill posted:

Noooo this is my worst fear :cry::cry:

I'll throw my neck on the line as well, Neoscum is a lot of fun

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

flavor.flv posted:

Update to this, I just started listening to the new campaign where Jeff Goldblum joins the cast

What the gently caress

Spoiler aside, is it any good?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

flavor.flv posted:

The first campaign is extremely good, it's a very bleak horror story that gave me chills multiple times. The characters aren't extremely interesting, only two of the players really get into their characters enough for my tastes, but the production values more than make up for it

It's extremely professional. The mechanical minutia is almost entirely cut out in favour of immersive in-universe descriptions. If you're familiar enough with d&d you can tell what's being rolled for and when, but instead of a player calling their attack and dice rolling you'll hear foley of metal scraping against something hard and the DM narrating "Father Westpike slashed at the creature, but his blade found no purchase against the bones jutting out from its sallow flesh," that sort of thing.

All the npc dialogue is redubbed in post by professional voice actors, and at one point they get a philharmonic orchestra and a 40-piece choir to do original background music

I wouldn't listen to it as my only podcast, but if you're already caught up on your favourite funny people doing 20 minutes of actual play and 40 minutes of table talk and you want something closer to a gothic horror radio drama, give it a shot

Thanks for the rundown, may give it a shot.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Shart Carbuncle posted:

I'm so glad they are dispensing with the love triangle bullshit, at least for now. That poo poo was such a drag that I was starting to dread any mention of it.

I’m glad that they seemed to have moved past it, it was definitely a bit of a drag. There is a chance that this leads to some drama in the future though.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Can't believe I've been listening to Rude Tales for over 2 years now and I didn't realize that Albee was part dog

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
https://twitter.com/taylordotbiz/status/1582059991401316352?s=20&t=L0-HYXIzsElcfEJcO-SNTg

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I would totally listen to a weekly podcast of Tim and Branson shooting the poo poo and riffing on each other.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
https://twitter.com/taylordotbiz/status/1592346961319178241?s=21

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

VERY COOL MAN posted:

iirc he sounds identical to the bartender at the ball pit in the first few eps of fun city? my headcanon is theyre related lol

Yeah, he reminds me of Taylor’s stock tough guy voice from Fun/Float City

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Can someone fill me in on the significance of the nest

I'm sure I'm forgetting something from an earlier episode

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

creamcorn posted:

so i just started the kebin episode and i fuckin hate this sound design he has going for it, going to power through it because i really liked the other episodes but i really hope branson chills on this kind of creature in the future.

If I’m remembering correctly Kebin came pretty close to the line for some of the cast members as well. But there’s nothing else similar to Kebin that I recall

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I haven't listened to it yet, but this one may be a banger

https://twitter.com/VoidBurger/status/1641511460411957272?s=20

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Swan Boy readers and fellow unemployable shut-ins, we now know Noel's forums account.

Rona doesn't appear to have an account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
I’d say just start at the beginning. If you’re into Iain Banks type far future sci-if the Float City miniseries isn’t a bad place to start.