Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
All the character stuff came together so perfectly, thematically and dramatically, in this most recent episode. According to the new Patreon discussion about this, Branson and guest Brennan, who played Kreedis talked a lot about how he wanted to play things, but all the stuff from Carly/Albee was off the cuff.

Besides all the emotional stuff, making the endless fountain of nachos they conjured as a joke becoming her final lesson was also some inspired improv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

RandomPauI posted:

Is Kebin related to Mother?

I don’t think so. It’s pretty clear that Kebin is demonic, but Mother seems to be something like a nature spirit. Kebin appeared in Cordelia at the time the school disappeared, two days before they talked to Casper, while it seems Mother has been around longer.

I relistened to the Kebin episode yesterday, and I forgot how funny it was even with the big final change. After the gruesome description when Kebin first appears, there’s a pause, and at the perfect moment, Joe says “Bellow stops Naruto running and starts regular running.”

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
They say in the Patreon episodes that a major reason why they’re doing a side story is the quarantine. Trying to read and play off each over Zoom apparently sucks rear end. So I can see them going for a looser band of wacky assholes instead of friends with emotional connections. Despite all that, the interaction Torrin had with her little friend who got adopted was really sweet and sad.

But while they are playing wildly different characters, Carly and Allie’s characters will always be friends :3:

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 20:04 on May 28, 2020

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I wondered if they were going to make the emperor cool after his description in episode 2, because that seems to go against Branson’s general ethos, but of course he isn’t. Just as Hammerhair is an almost humanly beautiful bugbear, the emperor is an almost bugbearly handsome human :haw:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Guys what if Smellulus dies and Torrin, as his adopted daughter, becomes Empress and breaks up the Empire :aaa:

Anyone listen to Critical Bits? Tim Platt was a guest on an episode that also premiered today and his manic Tim Platt-ness was turned up to 11.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
If you’re missing the original cast of characters, they’re doing a live event at the end of the month:

https://mobile.twitter.com/of_rude/status/1293233293660479488

Today’s episode has been delayed. It’s prime podcasting-at-work hours, and I don’t have my content :argh:

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 11, 2020

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Jack has done some RPG podcasts. Both he and Branson have been on Critical Bits. He’s definitely a fan.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 15, 2020

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Here’s some awesome fan art:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ226j3hQe0

The artist, James Trofe, has done a few other Rude Tales animations as well.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Talk with Branson and guest star/fellow DM Brennan Lee Mulligan:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5zinXDTd7wI

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The sudden, seemingly unavoidable deaths of Davo and Casper gave me the impression that Branson wants to keep moving on to the next thing and doesn’t want NPCs to tag along, so I was surprised Ivan stayed around as long as he did. Branson is a few years sober and wanted to do something with that character.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The pre-show was depraved.

I loved it.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Patreon did an episode where Tim GM’d a game of Ah, Dang! Mothman Won't Move Out (He Said It Was Just For The Weekend). He seems to really like playing annoying characters who are all pitiable or loathsome in their own different way. In the superhero podcast Critical Bits he had a truly manic performance as a supernatural judge who treated fables like Rude Tales treats riddles, and in a Patreon episode he played a delightfully-off putting character whose power was to control inanimate objects by flirting with them.

I think my attention was elsewhere and I missed the reason for the racquetball(?) noises that would happen or why Taylor occasionally did a tiny “Mwahaha.” I lost it IRL at work, as did the cast, at the line Like a hard poop in reverse, it was a lot to take in.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Could anyone other than Branson infuse the name BRIAN gently caress with such portent? I don’t think so.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Thinkin’ about Rude Tales names. They’re all great, but some, like Tactical Papers, really only work in the context of Rude Tales. Apollo Nasty on the other hand is a Rude Tales name, but is also just a good, funky-rear end name. It can work for a guy who thinks he’s really cool or a guy who actually is.

Someone called “Brian gently caress” could be a fun side character in something else, but would more than likely be gratingly juvenile. Only Rude Tales could make people think, “Holy poo poo you guys, we’re going to have the Brian gently caress episode in two weeks!”

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I was worried that nothing could top the last pre-show's orgy of disrespect for OUR TROOPS, but this is great so far!

Edit: Oh god, there's two of them.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 1, 2021

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
What was the clip after Convoy with the hapless sheriffs getting dunked on?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I don't think it quite reached the level of depravity of the carfucking or the orgy of disrespect for ARE TROOPS, even with actual dicks on screen.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
How many time has Rude Tales ended a combat sequence by having the party do official moves until the enemy’s hit points are reduced to zero? There was the spider fight between Kevin and the Soaking Valley, and maybe some short run-ins with guards.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
If you want to hear more of Taylor without subscribing to the Patreon, Taylor is a sort of co-GM on Fun City Ventures. He roleplays antagonists, neutral NPCs who might get everyone in trouble, and anyone who does an accent.

It’s not an overt comedy, but it’s pretty funny. I’ve heard people more familiar with TTRPGs say that it does the impossible by making Shadowrun seem fun!

Since the pandemic started they’ve been playing a game of Stillfleet in what was meant to be a mini campaign but has since grown to be as long as the main show, with the final episode coming soon. It’s an RPG developed by a friend of the main GM, set in a weird far-far-FAR-future setting. The rules let players do some crazy “invoke this move and plot will happen” kinda stuff.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I see episode 3 of Stars of Space is up. The episodes they’re airing on Patreon are not early access and are going to stay there for the foreseeable future I guess. They said they want to make episodes as self-contained as possible to replicate the experience of being able to jump in on any episode of a tv show, but I still wonder if I should subscribe to the Patreon before I listen to episode 3.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Have they said whether people who buy digital tickets will have a window to watch the show like they did for their Zoom shows?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Branson and Carly are on the newest episode of Hey Riddle Riddle.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I bought tickets to that, got distracted by the newly-released Psychonauts 2, decided it was too late to stay up watching, and then tried a method of downloading it that didn't work when I went back later :saddumb:

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 16, 2021

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Cody Johnston was on today’s Rude Talks, just being a fan and not because of a future guest episode. He got a question directed at him from a Patreon subscriber, so I guess this was announced on the Discord, which I don’t follow? Odd, but nice.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This episode was great, but honestly the scariest part was being reminded of the existence of soaking. Look, if you're horny and you don't want to have sex just masturbate. Or maybe just go ahead and have sex? Both masturbation and sex seem like way better options than soaking which is actually the same thing as sex but intentionally doing it poorly.

I saw the twitter thread where that was introduced to the wider world, and many people chimed in to say it was indeed real. However, I don't think anyone confirmed the part where you get someone to jump on the bed next to you.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Omnomnomnivore posted:

"Y'all wanna see a trick that's against the law?" is a very good English sentence.

https://swanboy.com/comic/279/

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Christmas bonus episode: Yultide Kombat Family
https://t.co/say1YFi0ym

Another demented Tim Platt game that starts with God creating the universe.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 22, 2021

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Oh These, Those Casts of Show:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ohthesethose/status/1504096662603583493

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Stroop There It Is posted:

Some of them don't quite match the descriptions (like Dr. Dewey canonically has wild hair and the Baron is purple/gray-skinned) but that doesn't matter because you can still def tell who all the ones who have shown up so far are and they are all excellent.

Yeah, I think Bubsrael (Bubsriel?) was described as having a pageboy haircut.

Edit for new page:
https://mobile.twitter.com/ohthesethose/status/1504096662603583493

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Mar 17, 2022

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
There's a new Borderlands game, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, and it has a Rude Tales reference in the character creator:

https://twitter.com/GooManager/status/1506817294231552000

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
New Rude Tales just went up. Not seeing it on the Apple podcast feed:
https://mobile.twitter.com/of_rude/status/1511020300078563330

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
There’s a new episode, haven’t listened yet. They had to repost the Wartotle Spone episode, so the new one might get obscured by that.

Edit: Holy poo poo, that one was a doozy.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Apr 25, 2022

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I sometimes think about “Werrimeather, Werrimeather, three names said.” wherein the name is only said twice. All fun, though. Alli coming out singing was a surprise, so Chris improvised that.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I don't think I'll ever be tired of forced Cryptkeeper puns.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
New episode up. Taylor said in a tweet that he thinks it might be funniest yet, and I think in a Rude Talks they said it would be yet another unusually formatted one!

I'm waiting until work to listen to it, the rudest possible time.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
OTTSoS does tend to be more of a boys' club, though it might have been a relatively recent handful of episodes stretched over weeks giving me a false impression.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I hadn’t heard of Stalker, the Russian movie that much of the newest episode is based on. However, it does feel like recently just recently a lot of shitposts referencing that movie with a shot of men in a sand-filled room had been appearing on my timeline.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
*Surf rock plays, ominously*

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Those tickets advertised on their Twitter were for being there, not for some digital showing, right? I want to know if I should feel like a chump for missing out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Trofe posted a rough black and white animations months ago. Now it's finished, with color and backgrounds!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hkkWMCFSxQ