Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
So VoidBurger drew the thing in the fridge from the latest episode, and yeah, that's about how horrific I expected it to look.

https://twitter.com/VoidBurger/status/1370972026375143424?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

some plague rats posted:

Too much Tim is just absolutely unbearable. Stirfry is fun because he has an element of pathos to him that makes him likeable and even when he gets too far into it everyone does a good job reigning him back in, or in the dwarf episodes where he's boisterous and oblivious and it's great. The problem occurs in something like the Lasers and Feelings patreon eps that just desperately needed someone to step up and say Tim, no, do NOT do that voice for the entire episode, its completely unlistenable

I would second this for Come at the King. Smellulus works best with the other characters around. While it sort of works out in the end, I wish Branson had kept the group together through DM Bullshitery for that campaign. From the few episodes I have heard of Rude Talks, Tim seems like he's actually a pretty chill and caring person, but he needs to branch out in the characters he plays.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Reality is subjective and this proves it because I couldn't disagree with either of these takes more.

Tim's ability to be completely cartoonish and then take things to a very real and very sad place is a gift. Apparently it doesn't work for everyone, but it works super well for me. The comedy mixed with the tragedy makes the whole thing even better.

I agree with that, especially with Stirfry in the latest episode where he gets Bellow and Cordially to a "we never thought of that moment," while still injecting humor into a tense conversation. I'm not saying Tim is bad or anything, just that I think he's better with the other players to use his boundless energy to bounce off of.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Riddle Guy tie dye shirts back for a limited time to benefit CAAAV.org: https://www.bonfire.com/riddle-guy-97-stopasianhate/

Hell yeah! Just bought one, thanks for the link.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

I get that, but I gotta say I loved those parts. Political humor isn't for everyone, but that part with Bellow and the insurance denier who got blown up was hilarious to me.

It made me further appreciate how quick of a thinker Joe Lepore is.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Bellow pulling a classic Captain Kirk move on Ordelia.

Stirfry's speech being technically a curse feels like a joke from the rest of the cast getting annoyed with Tim's rambling. I would of course die kill for him, but him losing his speech power feels like Branson demanding a reprieve.

Did they go back to in-person recording? I feel like there was a lot more of the rest of the cast reacting to what others were doing, especially Carly laughing/cheering/gasping (which is delightful).

To your last point, I think they might be recording more 'in person' with the whole cast. I have a feeling that Branson used to have specific individuals on for their parts alone, but has switched to having everyone present for "individual" moments. I really love it. The bit about the note was absolutely amazing.

As for Tim, I get the feeling that everyone in the cast knows him, and his ramblings aren't new to anyone. Stirfry is amazing, but I feel like Tim is the kind of player who would monologue for an hour straight if someone didn't stop him. Part of why I really love this podcast is that other players or the DM can interrupt Strirfry but not make him feel like he isn't welcome to the table. Tim comes across to me as the kind of person who can be given the barest of information and just build and entire improve skit around it. That kind of imagination is absolutely amazing to me. I guess I'm saying I love Stirfry, but man Tim can be an annoying rear end in a top hat sometimes because he has no filter and other people need to just stop him at times.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
https://twitter.com/mrmistmonster/status/1417501344064229382?s=19

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
Here is what Taylor Moore has to say about people being hesitant to join the Patreon.

https://twitter.com/taylordotbiz/status/1430542753264513024?s=19

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

showbiz_liz posted:

This episode has made me want to subscribe to the Patreon more than any other episode. I make very little money but should probably just do it, I can always cancel...

Taylor Moore has made it pretty explicit that he is okay with people subscribing for a month when they can, downloading everything, then cancelling. Rude Tales, Fun City, and every other podcast under the Fortunate Horse umbrella seem to understand that not everyone can subscribe to their podcasts for extended periods. They seem to operate under the "Sub WHEN you can, support us WHERE you can" model.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Warbird posted:

Oh hey, noted goon *checks notes* “Vhoyd Buhgyr” is a RT fan. That’s neat.

https://twitter.com/voidburger/status/1458925365905301511

I mean
https://twitter.com/VoidBurger/status/1445210460572225538?s=20

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Warbird posted:

I don’t Twitter much so that one slipped by me, sick rear end dog though.

It popped up for me as a recommended tweet not too long ago. I actually started listening to Rude Tales because of Voidburger's tweets about the show, so I was pretty glad to see her hanging with the crew.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I just finished the episode where they meet the half possum people and I have to say that Carly is the last Rude Tales player I expected to make a masturbation joke.

If you haven't yet, listen to their bonus episode Sixgun Showdown where she tries to kiss everything and gently caress a cactus.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Warbird posted:

I eagerly await the good captain to show up in the penultimate episode in hell as it will turn out polygamy is a sin in Cordelia.

I'm wondering if Branson, in his inspired madness, picked up on some cast cues and decided spur of the moment that the captain would be suicidal just so he would show up in Hell to bug Cord and Stirf.

It's always a great episode when Branson creates a character that makes him laugh at his own jokes non-stop.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

goblin week posted:

Wait, are steel drums supposed to be evil???

I did some quick googling on the history of Steel Drums, and it looks like they have an origin in enslaved Africans in the Caribbean, specifically Trinidad. How Taylor thought anyone would just know that, I'unno.

That aside, I hope we don't have to wait too long for the next episode. So many characters are so hosed up. I'm especially curious how Albi will respond to waking up with only one working arm.

The Repo Man fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 25, 2022

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
https://twitter.com/egg_dog/status/1668312893173932033?t=BwXaP04vvyBn1Mq6b3_FXQ&s=19

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
Carly seemed to be having an absolute blast this episode. Branson as well. That entire outro was incredibly unhinged in the best way. I also love that Branson seems to have made it his life goal to kill or degrade Groomda, whatever podcast he's on.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

VoidBurger posted:

Holy poo poo Branson's absolutely incredible description of Looney Tunes hell needs to win a fuckin Pulitzer Prize. Hell, a Nobel Prize. gently caress!!

I love the clapping and Carly's excited "Branson!" at the end of that. It also really reminds me how bad I want there to be a Cuphead 2 with Branson involved somehow.

As for the end of the latest episode, I wonder if/how Stirfry is going to gently caress up so hard and end up in Hell with the rest of the gang.

The Repo Man fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 21, 2023

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
Huge shoutout to resident Rude Tales pervert Voidburger on the release of Skulltenders! I absolutely recommend it for Rude Tales fans. I've even got a couple coworkers listening to it already.

https://x.com/bransonreese/status/1717261869248139583?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
So how about that latest episode of Skulltenders? it not only has drama near the end in which a character makes a decision that, absolutely will not have major repercussions in the future for sure, but also a musical reference to the CrossFire commercial that Cohen should be very proud of.