Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

nonathlon posted:

Sadly, Jeter was a really talented and imaginative writer. However, I guess he had to pay the bills, because he took a heavy turn into franchise and videogame novelizations.

I posted that half jokingly. I haven’t read them in over 10 years, but the Bounty Hunters trilogy does have some pretty good moments and some solid action sequences in them. That said, IIRC the narrative jumps all over the place trying to simultaneously tell stories set before and after Return of the Jedi that are vaguely related because of Boba Fett and a few other characters? The chart is basically accurate too, IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

nonathlon posted:

Sadly, Jeter was a really talented and imaginative writer. However, I guess he had to pay the bills, because he took a heavy turn into franchise and videogame novelizations.

He wrote an extremely loving weird and dark noir book in the late 80s or early 90s about law enforcement enforcing intellectual property violations by ripping people's brains out and turning them into still-living still-conscious always-suffering high-end audio cables. It featured a CEO announcing they had achieved ultimate capitalism through their successful "TIAC" project where they were selling turds in a can - something completely worthless but that people would buy anyway.

I need to track that down.

Edit: It's called "Noir" and came out later than I thought, in 1998. I could have sworn I read it in high school.

Notahippie fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Aug 20, 2020

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Notahippie posted:

He wrote an extremely loving weird and dark noir book in the late 80s or early 90s about law enforcement enforcing intellectual property violations by ripping people's brains out and turning them into still-living still-conscious always-suffering high-end audio cables. It featured a CEO announcing they had achieved ultimate capitalism through their successful "TIAC" project where they were selling turds in a can - something completely worthless but that people would buy anyway.

I need to track that down.

Edit: It's called "Noir" and came out later than I thought, in 1998. I could have sworn I read it in high school.

Noir rules. And TIAC wasn’t DynaZauber’s ultimate goal: it was TOAW.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

oo i got a copy of this edition. it's a good'un. (mine's in rough shape)

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Midjack posted:

Noir rules. And TIAC wasn’t DynaZauber’s ultimate goal: it was TOAW.

Turd... on a wall?

I vaguely remember that but I can't remember what it actually stands for.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Notahippie posted:

Turd... on a wall?

I vaguely remember that but I can't remember what it actually stands for.

Wire. The ultimate idea was to create a system where people would generate the gratification signals from giving DZ money entirely in their brains with no hardware required so it was 100% profit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coathat
May 21, 2007

Found this site with a ton of covers from fantasy and sci fi magazines http://luminist.org/archives/SF/