Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Bob Quixote posted:

Oh poo poo, I read this one - Smith had an absolutely crazy future setting that felt extremely unique considering he made it before Herbert wrote Dune.

I think I might even have a copy of that paperback somewhere in my house.

Yeah it’s extremely underrated. Wish he had written more novels, he was a genuine weirdo.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Eddison is one of the actual greats of fantasy, too bad nobody reads him nowadays.

If you think TWO has weird ideas, try reading his other book(s), Zimiamvia. It’s bonkers

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

free hubcaps posted:

With the unfinished frame story I guess you could say its technically SF?

When he talks about the planet Mercury, he doesn’t exactly mean the Mercury in space. Zimiamvia will make it clearer...or maybe not

Anyway SF proper has no monopoly on fuckin sweet cover art