Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

more like miley CIRCUS because shes a clown lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Burt Sexual posted:

Ever played the ”postman game”? Ten people sit in a circle, person one whispers in the ear of two, etc. till ten.

Then ten says it out loud and it’s ridiculous

Okay, I'll start.

Miley Cyrus created a virus.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Right below House, MD

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Okay, I'll start.

Miley Cyrus created a virus.

Smiling Osiris created a virus

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I created a virus which started the whole world coughing

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
https://youtu.be/RS9HhIngdHI

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Miley cypress (tree) like she's a darn ol crawdad from the bayou

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Hey thanks for this thread I really like all her backyard sessions songs and I hope she gets more chances to really showcase her voice

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

numberoneposter posted:

more like miley CIRCUS because shes a clown lol

Where are YOURE balloon animals huh? :thunkher:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I always thought Miley Cyrus was bad even by pop diva standards, but this thread is opening my eyes. It must have just been the start of her career that was rocky.

What are some good songs by her?

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
Miley looks like she would smell like cottage cheese

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lol Millie Prius

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Statutory Ape posted:

she is extremely honest about those feelings. i trust her intellect enough to know that she's intentionally broadcasting what you said to anybody that will listen

thats one of the reasons her music is so good and really powerful. she speaks to the spectrum of those willing to listen, and shes approachable on an almost biblical level (by which i mean basic concepts, similar to Star Wars, the bible, king arthur, etc)

i also trust her intelligence enough to know taht she knows this about herself and has designed it as such and that is the part of me that, i guess, fears somebody like her

E: also, by all reports shes extremely gracious and literally approachable to her fans. i dont follow her personal life or most of her stuff on social media and so ill admit that her writing has formed almost the entirety of the basis of my opinions on her, for better or worse

Wtf is happening

420 20
Apr 21, 2020

Salty Josh posted:

Miley looks like she would smell like cottage cheese

I think all whites smell like that

Also dog

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Wtf is happening

i smoke a lot of weed and listen to a lot of tswift

also i genuinely think shes an intelligent person that writes abt smart things w a good eye for emotion

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Xlorp posted:

Smiling Osiris created a virus

Osiris, visiting Paris, insisted on a Prius.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I've not really listened to any of her music but she has some bomb rear end titties. Real nice

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

bell jar posted:

I've not really listened to any of her music but she has some bomb rear end titties. Real nice

i never really considered this angle tbh but youre probably not wrong

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

That episode of Black Mirror with her was profoundly bad.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Katy Perry has made some very good pop songs.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Wizchine posted:

Katy Perry has made some very good pop songs.

:yeah:

Also seems less up her own rear end than a lot of the other ones

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Phlegmish posted:

:yeah:

Also seems less up her own rear end than a lot of the other ones

All pop stars are 110% insane

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

420 20 posted:

I think all whites smell like that

Also dog

Lol and Indians all smell like curry am I rite??!??!

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

All pop stars are 110% insane

im kinda into it :shrug:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I don’t particularly care for Ariana Grande but my least favorite thing about her, is her favorite things song that basically glorifies all the worst parts of American consumer culture and while I absolutely realize she’s like 8 millionth on the list of problems her music does reach lots of impressionable young people.

Also, she gossiped about her exes penis publicly which is pretty low rent and if you believe him, she lied about it which makes it incredible embarrassing for him since all his possible lovers are expecting giant penis.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

TheBizzness posted:

I don’t particularly care for Ariana Grande but my least favorite thing about her, is her favorite things song that basically glorifies all the worst parts of American consumer culture and while I absolutely realize she’s like 8 millionth on the list of problems her music does reach lots of impressionable young people.

Also, she gossiped about her exes penis publicly which is pretty low rent and if you believe him, she lied about it which makes it incredible embarrassing for him since all his possible lovers are expecting giant penis.

7 rings is a loving banger. If teens are listening to top 40 music they're already in deep regarding capitalist consumer culture so I don't think it moves the needle.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
That’s fair enough, but I don’t care for it at all.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That's why I liked Royals by Lorde when I finally gave it a proper listen (a few years after it actually came out), even if it helped kick off a wave of depressing/low-key music. You had a major hit about how accumulating material possessions just for the sake of it should not be something to strive for, it implied that celebrities were 21st-century aristocracy (which is true), and it did it all in accessible, catchy way. I remember listening to the lyrics and going :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Yeah, Royals was good too. Amazing that a 16 year old wrote it.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Also why Billie Eilish is p cool.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That caused me to find out Billie Eilish was born in 2001, goddamn

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Royals might have good thoughtful well-constructed lyrics, but that song is 100% unlistenable, imho.

As far as young white female pop stars go, I think my taste for them kind of died with Avril Lavigne ( :corsair: ), but I have a friend who's super into Carly Rae Jepsen for some reason.

edit:

Phlegmish posted:

I'm not at all ready for people born after 9/11 to be walking around and living actual, real, adult lives.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
This forum loves Carley Rae Jepsen for some reason.

I have no thoughts on it since I’ve only ever heard that one song.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

TheBizzness posted:

This forum loves Carley Rae Jepsen for some reason.

I have no thoughts on it since I’ve only ever heard that one song.

hey! this post is crazy

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Phlegmish posted:

Two tragedies for humanity in the same year... sad....

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

TheBizzness posted:

I don’t particularly care for Ariana Grande but my least favorite thing about her, is her favorite things song that basically glorifies all the worst parts of American consumer culture

Phlegmish posted:

That's why I liked Royals by Lorde
sure, but you know who called that "getting-swindled-and-pimped poo poo"?

you know who called that "getting tricked by business" ?

o3o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes
r.i.p. macklemore
the hero we needed but didn't deserve

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

maybe he should have Mackled LESS :mmmhmm:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

YeahTubaMike posted:

Royals might have good thoughtful well-constructed lyrics, but that song is 100% unlistenable, imho.

I don't agree. Normally I'm a gotta go fast kind of guy, I generally need energy in my music, but I do like the way Royals is constructed. It has a sort of elegant simplicity.

quote:

As far as young white female pop stars go, I think my taste for them kind of died with Avril Lavigne ( :corsair: ), but I have a friend who's super into Carly Rae Jepsen for some reason.

Uh, alright. Seems strange to exclude specific demographic categories, but I get what you mean. Speaking of Avril Lavigne, I stumbled upon this 2005 live concert in Japan on YouTube a while ago. I listened to punk at the time, still do, so naturally as a teenager I was obligated to hate her to prove how real I was, but looking back I have to say she can definitely sing (and she looks super cute here, really pulls off the raccoon eyes look).

Then out of curiosity I looked up some interviews with her, and she seems weirdly unpleasant, almost unstable. So I guess I've re-evaluated her music in a more positive sense, and her personality in a more negative sense.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Two tragedies for humanity in the same year... sad....

I don't think women like their breasts being labeled tragedies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I don't think women like their breasts being labeled tragedies.