Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Did a quick test RE: sell prices.

Truck price: 12300.
Upgrade price: 4700.

Sales price truck with upgrade: 15500.
Sales price of the original part: 1500.

Seems like you get all your money back. You have to sell the original part individually though. If the part is only viable for the current truck and you don't sell it before getting rid of the truck it shows up in your inventory again if you buy another of those trucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
When it was just logging in the woods the sorry state of everything was easier to square away, but now the world is some kind of weird apocalyptic trucker nightmare. Asphalt roads drowning in swamps. A factory dreaming in a sea of mud. A logistics base scheming at the edge of the world. Empty towns, waiting for deliverance.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I think its biggest weakness of this game by far is the UI. It's such a hassle getting an idea of what goes where within this UI that I never really want to do a bit of logistics, planning longer routes, picking up and dropping off stuff for later etc. In the end it feels so much quicker to just do single task by single task. The knock-on effect for me is that I also never use most of the tools in the game. I could use highway trucks and cranes to ferry stuff around where there are useable streets, but eh... I'd rather use an offroad truck from source to target and deal with the mudtires being slippery on asphalt.

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jul 28, 2020

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
The fact that you don't care and make your own fun is not an argument against it being badly designed.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I might consider that hardcore mode if the repair trailer came with 10 times the repair points and the cranes weren't weak rear end poo poo.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I prefer the Voron A-53233. The Grad - and I'm still not sure if this is working as designed - does not accept a trailer if you have a crane on it, the A-53233 does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

skooma512 posted:

I really wish they would let us improve the roads ourselves. Like, you let us have plywood, so let us dump them on the worst muddy bits in the middle of an otherwise usable road. There's no way truckers would move back and forth over a road like that and not even try to throw down something to make it safer.

Agreed. Assuming the engine is a bit limited in what you can do to the terrain permanently I'd be happy with some kind of bridge truck/trailer to bridge the worst places. Make it expensive enough so it feels like one has to strategize a bit where to put them.