Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Me every time I start playing this game.

Also, gently caress the mud in Russia--especially Zimnegorsk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Tayga is godlike. Best truck for everything IMO. Voron grad is kinda cool but has so much power and such light weight that it is hard to control.

What's up with the freightliner (m916a1 i think) that can only have a low saddle or crane? That thing is hard to control. Terrible truck.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I hope someone makes a mod map that's a huge downward sloping ramp, a loop, then a ramp into the abyss.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
The turn radius of the derry longhorn is roughly 3/4 of the map. I was all set up to take it on a romp through Zimnegorsk and had to do several three point turns to get to the trailer purchase area. I immediately recalled and shelved it back for the tayga.

Why bother with any truck other than tayga? With those tires it is the best. They should have let other trucks have those tires because I'd like to use other trucks but it doesnt make sense.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I have the deluxe edition on Epic game store but now I am getting a hankering to restart the game and buy it on steam. I feel like that would be really financially irresponsible, buuuut.... I don't have the season 2 dlc yet on Epic, so maybe it wouldn't be too terrible. Hmm... madness.

This game is the dark souls of trucking simulators.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
You ever just wake up in a cold sweat, gasping for air with fleeting images of tree stumps fading into the aether?

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
The tatra dual pack gives you a really powerful truck at the very beginning with mud tires that trivializes most of Michigan. Starting out with 0 dlc (except I guess the khan marshall) and then starting with all the dlc after getting the game on steam like 2 years later was night and day.

Coincidentally, the tatra t813 is my favorite truck and I would use it if it were poop. The zikz 605 is the only truck better than the t813.

vandalism fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Oct 12, 2021

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

pun pundit posted:

The Bandit is this. It's 8WD, locked diff, from the moment you open the first garage. It has the best wheel diameter for non-heavy trucks, gets the best mudtires, and the low fuel capacity is more than made up for by the "trunk repair supplies" you unlock pretty early. It can carry a crane, flatbed, and trailer. Speaking of crane, it has a unique crane with more solid anchors than other trucks' compact cranes... and it's the only truck in the game, so far as I am aware, that can carry a crane and a van body addon (plus a fuel trailer or ramped flatbed if you want), making it one of the best possible recovery trucks in the game. Its only downside is that it's slightly tippy.

The bandit's frame is made out of jelly and I love it. Will it tip on this turn? Will it wobble out of control? Will I just bend over the next dip like a caterpillar? You never know with the bandit. Plus the interior is 10/10. Very fun truck and versatile.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

I have discovered that a pair of azov 4220s can haul 4 units (i.e. 1 metal beam each) through broken ice quite simply by winching then point blank to each other. Can even get up to low+

Wish I'd known this about 2 hours ago but man things sped up when I realized it

I'm getting ever so much closer to that zikz 605 I've dreamt about

When the time comes, you can use the azov 5319 with a loaf in the bed (with repair parts and a full tank) and a repair trailer (for fuel and repairs) to get the zikz. There is a really good video that perfectly outlines how to do it on YouTube.

Hardest part was unlocking that map.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

I wasted like 2 hours today using a pair of azov 4220s to crawl along the map to it. Got all the way to the railroad bed, got sloppy and tipped over

Now I'm trying to go straight there with a tuz pulling a loaf, but the YouTube I was using from tribe called cars was based on public test server and theres a tree roadblock I can't get around that isn't on the video. Can you link yours?

Hell yeah. I have been where you are at with various parts of snowrunner. Can be very frustrating.

This video here worked flawlessly for me:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yN2jWYOoJYE

I got a little too cocky and tipped right at the end. But made the trip back in about 5-10 minutes and got it next try. Make sure you place the loaf the same orientation he places it. Prepare for some heart pounding excitement and anxiety when you reach the rock. Lol. Good luck my friend.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Stoop Kid posted:

I just got this game last night and climbing up hills is giving me lots of dopamine hits. Do you guys like the Scout 800 or the Chevy as a starter scout vehicle?

I think chevy is more useful because of its better stability. Slap the raised suspension on the 800 and it tips over very easily. Add the roof rack for comedy gold.

There are some really good trucks out in the world just waiting to be found... :)

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I want a mod that makes your screen go black and has the dark souls font that says YOU TIPPED OVER when your truck flips.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Bhodi posted:

You know there's a roof addon for the bandit which has extra fuel, right? It makes it 290 fuel (base 150 + 140 fuel added) so really, really good and IMO the best truck for the crane+bed+tow combo. One streamer likes to crane a LOAF into the sideboard bed and calls it the explorer combo which sounds silly but apparently works real well.

Change the front bumper to the slanted pipes and you'll hardly notice the lack of raised suspension with the 51' mud tires.

I absolutely cannot deal with how jiggly that motherfucker is. Its frame is rubber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
That dude fucks.