Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

It's genuinely weird to me that the H2 is kind of a beast in this game after having been its own punchline for the past 10 years. I still mostly stick with the Loadstar though, and the DLC not-Jeep as a last resort
They seem to have gifted the stock configuration you find it in with magical tyres that have really good stats, and good tyres can make awful offroaders at the very least workable. The highway trucks are near useless without them when offroad, but are actually pretty good (in michigan at least) once you find a raised suspension that lets you install better tyres, even without locking diffs or 4WD. Mind you, an extended winch is almost as valuable as good tyres, since you can basically go from tree to phone pole all the way across most routes, with the odd gap, and help yourself up hills by winching from the back forwards. It felt like cheating the first time i figured out that you can just detach the trailer, drive uphill or over the difficult terrain, and then winch across the trailer from good ground.

I had no idea that selling equipment gets you full value back too, that's really useful to know. I think i'm going to collect up all the trailers that i've just been letting sit uselessly and get some more gear for the one or two MVP trucks i have.

I don't know if that's going to be patched or changed, but sometimes the hardest part of completing a 'rescue a stuck [blah]' is actually reaching the mission activation area in order to activate the delivery spot for it, you can sometimes very easily get the target truck safe, but i've actually had to drive over to the place it was stuck in order to activate the mission instead of starting it from the menu. Maybe it just expects you to do the mission as soon as it's active and tracked, but i like just accepting missions as i find them.

Wallrod fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
If i'm driving through treelines and can't see i'll switch to first person, and certain downhill situations are good, but i'm 99% of the time in third person.

The quick-winch button is super accurate to where you're pointing in first person too, so it's really handy for quickly moving along anchor points in really bad terrain, or when you don't want to press your d-pad 26,320 times to select the phone pole instead of the forest of saplings you're in

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
quick-winch definitely sucks in third person but i always switch to first person if i need to specifically pick a spot and find it works pretty well :shrug:

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

shortspecialbus posted:

3) Monumentally stupid. It's a "oh crap better teleport to russia quick and buy this truck" time waste in single player and in co-op you just can't do it at all so you need to end co-op and go buy the truck and then do coop again. It's artificial nonsense. If there were some sort of barrier beyond "in the region" and you had to maybe do some missions to open the factory that makes the trucks, it'd be somewhat sensible, but as it is there's no reason for it other than annoyance.
wait, you can....?

i just went and tried it and what the gently caress :psyduck: i have to assume that's an oversight since it's a kind of round-about path, but loving wtf