Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
This game teaches perseverance like no other

Spending 10-15 minutes when hopelessly bogged literally trying every different forward/reverse/steering angle/winch point has got me out of potential rage-quit situations at the last possible minute so many times (like that huge mission where you roll it or get stuck within sight of your goal)

Echoing comments about the Fleetstar, it’s a champ. The DLC Jeep, especially when fitted with the bigger engine is near unstoppable in mud but can be so so cruel when you roll it for the 50th time at a crucial point....

The one thing i would do if i started again was open up the maps to Alaska as a priority, as only then did the game let me fix all the roadblocks everywhere that would have saved a ton of time and difficulty early on with the various tasks.

Also some nice little mods coming out like the fix for proper 10-speed transmissions in the trucks.

I wish they would do something about the engine sounds though, they don’t seem to correlate to what the truck is actually doing....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

MudRunner is basically the original Spintires, apparently *some poo poo went down* between the guys who wrote the original game which is why it was basically released twice. There's a lot of really great content in there, and SnowRunner is basically just a logical next step with some (some) polish.

Someone on Reddit actually plotted out the transmission curve of the Tayga using the in-game tachnometer. The engine actually is doing what it sounds like, which is uhh... not what an engine actually does (he accidentally x10'd the RPM numbers).

Yeah if you watch the tacho it looks like theyve somehow reversed it or the engine revs calculation, it goes lower the faster you go

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Willfrey posted:

The really irritating bug I commonly get is when you attach a winch and it immediately starts pulling automatically

This is one of the bugs they’ve fixed in the upcoming patch.

Would be nice if they added a grader to the game you could unlock to clear rocks from the roads

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
The Twinsteer is one of those trucks that has no right to do as good as it does

Needs the biggest engine and bigger tyres, Ive not had any issues with tipping it yet but then i dont have the raised suspension for it, does it get too tippy with that?

ROFLBOT fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jun 30, 2020

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
I think im going to attempt to make a proper drag strip, oval and tractor pull/mud bog

Completely pointless and i'll probably get an hour in and decide its too hard but hey