Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Is this a personal problem? Here's my deal, I can't use a branded condiment on anything that doesn't come from that restaurant. It just feels Wrong somehow, like flavorologists have exactingly engineered a given sauce to fit perfectly within that brand's flavor profile- like, not everything that tastes like Taco Bell tastes the same, but it all tastes like Taco Bell. (Also, I can't stockpile sauces because I think it reveals accurate if not positive information about my character and eating habits. I can have... 10 or so around. Excess must be discarded.)

So sure, I might have a few Fire sauce packets around, but I feel like I'm Sinning if I put them on anything but Taco Bell. I know that it is silly but with brands increasingly selling their signature sauces off the shelf (I'm thinkin about Taco Bell and Chick fil A especially here) I know that I can't enjoy them outside of that context. Is this just me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Man if you haven't sampled a poo poo-ton of fire sauce on some cheesy scrambled eggs (tortilla optional, but better) then you're missin' out.

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
I'm not judging but yeah, that seems like a personal problem. I make bean, cheese and onion/pepper burritos for lunch constantly and i gotta have the fire sauce on those things.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I hijacked a small unused filing cabinet at my office and turned it in to a communal sauce depository for use with any and all foods. By the time Rona started we had hundreds of packets, and were running out of ways to keep them sorted.

So no op I use sauce on whatever I can.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Space Race Riot posted:

I'm not judging but yeah, that seems like a personal problem. I make bean, cheese and onion/pepper burritos for lunch constantly and i gotta have the fire sauce on those things.

yeah, I'm aware that it's kinda weird, but I just can't shake it! I have no problem using non-specific stuff on everything else.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I get what you're saying a little, because even though I think Del Taco's sauce is way better than Taco Bells, it still feels weird to put Del Taco sauce on Taco Bell. Also McNuggets taste wrong with sauces from other places.

Although then again most of the time with Taco Bell I use bottled Macayo's sauce which is technically a different chain I guess (a small chain, but a chain, they don't even have any stores in my town anymore but they still sell the sauce in the grocery stores). And while McNuggets are bad with other sauce, crispty tenders (RIP) are good sauce delivers from anywhere.

Also I use Whataburger spicy ketchup on pretty much all fries.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

I have the opposite problem: I have a house full of various bottled hot sauces that I happily eat on my homecooked food, (and even some local takeout).

But the idea of putting them on branded fast food like Taco Bell seems wrong somehow.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Pakistani Brad Pitt posted:

I have the opposite problem: I have a house full of various bottled hot sauces that I happily eat on my homecooked food, (and even some local takeout).

But the idea of putting them on branded fast food like Taco Bell seems wrong somehow.

see, I get at least half of this. I like el yucatero, I've been into that lately, but I'll only put it on stuff I make myself (or at least heat in a microwave.) I think it's great but I won't put it on taco bell either. just their sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I literally bought 4 bottles of diablo sauce when they were on sale. They're a very sweet cause with a mild heat, and if the bottle is to believe, low in calories.