Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
My friend put a 150 shot of nitrious on a old explorer that drove his family around. He then grenaded the motor when it leaked/burned all the oil up and thought the oil pressure gauge was just faulty and kept on driving.

Looked like this, was white with black 22s and slammed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

White or black explorers all look like cop cars and I hate that

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Previa_fun posted:

White or black explorers all look like cop cars and I hate that

Probably bc they are used as cop cars all over?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

What fors it explore?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'm more of a "Your-mother's-fjord explorer" op :smuggo:

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
When the hell are those poo poo head rear end bitches rolling out the new Bronco? did they do it already and I missed it

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
The 2020 Boomermobile: worth $15k less than advertised but has heated seats

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Supreme Allah posted:

When the hell are those poo poo head rear end bitches rolling out the new Bronco? did they do it already and I missed it

It got delayed for sucking too much rear end

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The 2021 Ford Bronco.

Imagine all the things you've heard about Jeep Wranglers over the years, now brought to you by Ford!

Man who could wait for that? (and I'm saying that as someone who LIKES Fords because I personally have had very good luck with them)

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Good, I think cars should be more expensive. They suck and we should have less on the road.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Big Beef City posted:

The 2021 Ford Bronco.

Imagine all the things you've heard about Jeep Wranglers over the years, now brought to you by Ford!

Man who could wait for that? (and I'm saying that as someone who LIKES Fords because I personally have had very good luck with them)

i'd be replacing a jeep -- I've also had good luck with them -- I'd love if they had the reliability ratings of a subaru or something but who wants to be seen in a subaru

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Jabberlock posted:

Good, I think cars should be more expensive. They suck and we should have less on the road.

agreed and we should all live within walking distance of everything we do or have access to public transport and no one should live in rural areas and then when everyone congests into cities we should all complain about urban overcrowding and how nice it was before public transportation wasn't so overtaxed and there were less homeless and housing prices weren't so steep and population density issues weren't a factor and also I'm a goddamn moron

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I paid almost that for my 2001 Trans Am WS6 nineteen years ago, op. Get a job.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Ford exploder

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Dont Touch ME posted:

No that's fiat

Ford is:
Fix ot rgain dony

No, it's Ford. Fiat is "Broken Motor Wehicle"

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Jabberlock posted:

I too took an urban studies class

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AJCdmW33fM

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Ford, more like Can'tafFord

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I really want a 5 speed Sn95 mustang v8 trash mobile with cams and headers and full cat delete exhaust and a posi and just constantly roast tires and hollar at people and bump techno tunes.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

WHen I was a kid I wanted a go-cart as a car and now that I just visit the liqour store and grocery store this seems like as good a time as any to do it

How much go-carts cost OP???

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I have a friend that spent 35k on a loving Kia of all things. That sounded like a lot to me but I guess I’m just old and still kind of shook about his much new cars cost these days.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Big Beef City posted:

agreed and we should all live within walking distance of everything we do or have access to public transport and no one should live in rural areas and then when everyone congests into cities we should all complain about urban overcrowding and how nice it was before public transportation wasn't so overtaxed and there were less homeless and housing prices weren't so steep and population density issues weren't a factor and also I'm a goddamn moron

The idea is to cram them into cities, then release a virus which spreads like wildfire on filthy, crowded mass transit to thin them out.

naem
May 29, 2011

I drive a toyota it’s pretty good

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

naem posted:

I drive a toyota it’s pretty good

8 4runnersunder the belt. I used to flip them early when I was a dumbass

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
MAH TRUK

MAH TRUK

MAH TRUK

MAH TRUK

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Lol at buying a new car when there's like 5 perfectly fine cars for every person on earth

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Like the dumbest thing you can do is even consider taking out a loan on a ~New~ car. And that's exactly what murica wants u to do to start up that precious economy. NO, MONEY DOWN

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

interwhat posted:

Like the dumbest thing you can do is even consider taking out a loan on a ~New~ car. And that's exactly what murica wants u to do to start up that precious economy. NO, MONEY DOWN

The last five were cash, do you not mortgage your house, or rent? I mean I admitted I was young and dumb, mr. High horse. Shits old

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Buy a horse instead. It's like an edible car that fuels itself

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
People get angry about the weirdest things now that we're all insane from sheltering

'hjow dare you with a car argja;olhjpaowihrfops'

It's cars, motherfuckers. Some people need them. Some people like them. Just step outside and get some fresh air for a minute if you get mad about, buying cars.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Nah if you drive a car you are a real rear end in a top hat who wants to brutally murder Mother Earth

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Burt Sexual posted:

The last five were cash, do you not mortgage your house, or rent? I mean I admitted I was young and dumb, mr. High horse. Shits old

Settle down, I mortgage my house to answer your question. Even MR BIG SHOT PAID CASH loses a gently caress load of money the second you drive off the lot. If owning a Brand New Ford Explorer(of all fuckin things lol) means so much to you, by all means. But you're probably the first person to piss and moan when your trade in value 5 years later is piss garbage.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I buy all my cars cash, they just happen to be proven, functional vehicles that hold their value. I guess if you got it like that, you do you. Image is probably more important anyway.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Supreme Allah posted:

People get angry about the weirdest things now that we're all insane from sheltering

'hjow dare you with a car argja;olhjpaowihrfops'

It's cars, motherfuckers. Some people need them. Some people like them. Just step outside and get some fresh air for a minute if you get mad about, buying cars.

Understood. I also need a 4x4 as I’m seriously rural with roller coaster hills, turns, and shoulder driving bc of narrow roads. Everyone’s needs, wants, and abilities are not the same. Leave Miley alone!

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I'll say this though, loving trucks hold a significant value. Dodge, Ford, Chevy all put out equally trash trucks with fairly durable drivetrains, and all three of them, 5 years old, already all of the fenders are rusted out and weld jobs on the exhaust and bed performed, and it's still 30k. AMERICA

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I'm surprised this thread is about a FORD and not a Tacoma. Go price one of those out

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

interwhat posted:

Settle down, I mortgage my house to answer your question. Even MR BIG SHOT PAID CASH loses a gently caress load of money the second you drive off the lot. If owning a Brand New Ford Explorer(of all fuckin things lol) means so much to you, by all means. But you're probably the first person to piss and moan when your trade in value 5 years later is piss garbage.

I never said I bought fords, I buy 4runners. And I’ve not once had a bad trade in, they hold quite well and never had to complain for resale value, MR PROJECTION! :) my current has 220k miles and is a 2010. Still shines in the sun.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Burt Sexual posted:

I never said I bought fords, I buy 4runners. And I’ve not once had a bad trade in, they hold quite well and never had to complain for resale value, MR PROJECTION! :) my current has 220k miles and is a 2010. Still shines in the sun.

Toyota, Honda etc are solid purchases, can agree. Never an investment, but still something you can get a little back on when it's time for a refresh. this thread is about a ford though so lmao.

I don't understand the argument, "it's just cars". Second to buying a house, it's up there with the most serious major purchases someone could make. Cars can gently caress you so hard, and it isn't always immediately clear that it's reliable or not, even brand new. I back this argument with the reality that, yea you may have to sacrifice Bluetooth capability, for something that's actually gonna get you where you need to be: the precise purpose of a car.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I'm a little mad about cars I guess. But mainly because there isn't any sort of movement to help people make smart purchases, and there are so many lovely cars out there, but that's capitalism, so I'm mad about capitalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

happyhippy posted:

Why do US cars all look the same?

The auto industry is worse than the music and movie industries when it comes to copying what sells versus experimenting with something new. At least the obscene monstrosity that was the Hummer is still dead and probably not coming back! (but I wish the Escalade would die too)

I don't know about other domestics but I'm now a former Ford owner and they do make a good product. My '05 Escape was 100% reliable and the only problems it ever gave me were wear and tear related. I got it used in '07 for $24k and I vowed that I would drive it "until it fell apart." And I'd still be driving it right now if I hadn't gotten rear-ended at a stop sign in late March, with the other guy's insurance declaring it a "total loss" after the revised estimate went up to $5k after the body shop actually took off the bumper and saw the extra frame damage. :( In the end the most viable option was to take the insurance's $3330 settlement to buy out the car from me and I wound up getting a great deal on a '14 Kia Sorento last week that was already on a virus-related sale the dealer had going.

But yes, ALWAYS look at used inventory first; if you look hard enough and your timing is right you're likely to find something as good as new. Especially if there was only one previous owner, who were wealthy suburbanites that turned in perfectly good cars after 2-4 years of ownership because they wanted a "new" car (that Escape, which she'd only put 11k km onto), or something "larger" - which was the story of my new car, which I will also drive until it falls apart but now with even more gusto - and why not? This one has Bluetooth, satellite radio, AND a smart key! Besides a hybrid fuel system, what else could I need?

(Yes I bought the warranty too.)