Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what is happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

I see ROH is going full WWE by going all in on old stars too broken down to match their previous glories :thunkher:

At least we're not signing guys with podcasts!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
What a mean thing to say about Pinche Rudo.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

things are beginning to take shape

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

MAKI STAY AWAY FROM HIM

OR GET CLOSER

WITH A BAT

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Will the Prophecy still hold in the new NXT?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

*Pretend I made a tweet because I’m stuck on my phone at work: “Reports from Jacksonville saying that Cody has been heard shouting ‘BRUCE THARPE DON’T YOU loving DARE’ loud enough to cause minor seismic activity”

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Take care fella...spike your hair! :fella:

Cavauro posted:

what is happening.

LARP. Without the life. Or the action. But twice the shame and I love it.

Hiram fucked around with this message at 18:31 on May 26, 2020

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
The discord links in the thread aren't allowing me to join the server, could someone post a fresh one? You can also invite me directly, my discord ID is Skythe#9231.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://discord.gg/HZfvYxg
here's an invite link that won't expire.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

are the pretend tweets the best way to follow this as a viewer until shows are happening? i am 'In' the discord but that seemed like buds buddin' around mostly. what's with the draft thing. you don't have to respond to me. Posting such as this is chock full of value on its own

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Cavauro posted:

are the pretend tweets the best way to follow this as a viewer until shows are happening? i am 'In' the discord but that seemed like buds buddin' around mostly. what's with the draft thing. you don't have to respond to me. Posting such as this is chock full of value on its own

There is a channel that has the entire draft in it if you want to go back and check it out. It's just called The-Draft

But yes this is probably the best way to get caught up on everything. I mean the discord has everything going on live but it does get a little sidetracked at moments. I hope that answers your question, my friend. Always great to hear from you!!

Hiram fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 27, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm sorry

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Cavauro you and me we are good buddies so I forgive you as long as you forgive me for enraging you that one time in a thread that i forgot the name of

edit: gently caress I guess we got heat then

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm pissed off

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Burger King presents: NEW JAPAN PRO WRESTLING
State of the Union for 2020

Strange things are afoot in the booking office of New Japan Pro Wrestling. To begin with, 2019 was a banner year for the most popular professional wrestling company in Japan. Everything seemed to be firing on all cylinders, starting with a very successful Wrestle Kingdom 13 which saw G1 Climax 28 winner Hiroshi Tanahashi defeating Kenny Omega to win the IWGP Heavyweight Championship for a record eighth time. In other prominent matches, Tetsuya Naito defeated Chris Jericho to win the IWGP Intercontinental Championship, Taiji Ishimori defeated Kushida to win the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship, Zack Sabre Jr. defeated Tomohiro Ishii to win the British Heavyweight Championship, Bullet Club leader Jay White defeated Chaos leader Kazuchika Okada, and Juice Robinson defeated Cody for the IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship.

Then 4 days later, Cody and The Elite introduced AEW to the wrestling world, leaving NJPW with fewer top level gaijin wrestlers and a booking headache for one Gedo. Undeterred, NJPW would bring in some top level freelancers like Chris Jericho and Jon Moxley to fill the gaps, and the hiring of KENTA helped maintain their momentum.

Everything in 2019 seemed to indicate that the year of 2020 was going to be another normal year for NJPW, and by that, meaning continued success with a diverse and highly talented roster featuring some of the best Light Heavyweight wrestlers in the world, dynamic faction storylines, and with arguably the greatest living wrestler working today in his prime, Okada, leading the charge.

BUT THEN...

After the Super Jr. Tag league in November, Gedo took a much deserved vacation. Deciding to go scuba diving at the Yonaguni Monument, a submerged rock formation off the coast of Yonaguni, the southernmost of the Ryukyu Islands. It was there, while sight seeing this most mysterious of underwater anomalies, that SOMETHING happened to Gedo. He returned 3 weeks later after no contact a changed man. He now weighed over 300 pounds, a hulking mass of his former self and surrounded by a dark countenance.

His attitude on booking completely changed as well. He want beef. BIG BEEF. Resolved to completely demolish the Light Heavyweight division, many of the smaller lighter wrestlers in that division were released from their contract while some just quit out of anger. It mattered not to Gedo. He also released wrestlers who were unable or unwilling to follow his directive, "GET BIGGER OR GET OUT!".

With the release of almost the entire Light Heavyweight division, under Gedo's directive NJPW went on a hiring spree for some of the wrestling world's biggest and beefiest boys, no price too high and no consequence to high to other organization's future booking plans. Big Japan Strong's division was left a shell of its former self with the hirings of Daisuke Sekimoto, Hama, Okabayashi, Hashimoto, and Kobayashi. WWE, already struggling to keep its doors open by the end of the year lost Roman Reigns, The Big Show, Braun Strowman, the AoP, Nakamura, Luke Gallows and many more to Gedo's unforgiving appetite. Other companies also felt the pangs of his hunger.

January 4th is fast approaching and with it, a Wrestle Kingdom that no longer seems as predictable as before. And while the shadow of Inokiism has long passed, some, like Dave Meltzer have now labeled a new era for NJPW has started to turn...

The era of Gedoism.

Full card to be released soon.

CURRENT CHAMPIONS
(as of Jan. 1, 2020)

IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Kazuchika Okada

IWGP INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP
Jay White

IWGP JR. HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Vacant TBD

IWGP TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Guerrillas Of Destiny

NEVER OPENWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
KENTA

NEVER OPENWEIGHT 6-MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Vacant TBD

IWGP JR. HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Retired

IWGP UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP
Juice Robinson

Cerebral Bore posted:

New Japan 2020? It's looking pretty loving good.

super macho dude fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 30, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

"Papa H" Presents NXT's Past, Present, and Future

After a whirlwind week in the world of sports entertainment, Triple H returns to NXT for a special presentation of the past, present, and future of NXT. Relive the greatest matches, hottest rivalries, and biggest moments of 2019 in the Black and Gold Brand and look forward to a new year that promises to be the hottest yet inside Full Sail Arena.

The Undisputed Era will be on hand to display their dominance with special feature replays of their latest title defenses from both Full Sail and the Toyota Center, showing why they believe their faction will stay on top of the new NXT.

Former NXT UK General manager and legend of the ring Johnny Saint will present a farewell to NXT UK. Through its two years of life, the promotion put on some classic matches, and two will be brought to the fore: WALTER's titanic clash with the Belfast Bruiser in Killian Dain's hometown, and the match that set the Internet Sports Entertainment Community on fire, as Mustache Mountain clashed with fellow technicians Flash Morgan Webster and Mark Andrews and showed everyone what the British Wrestling tradition is all about.

However, not everything will be a walk down memory lane. The NXT Superstars will be on hand live, as The King of Bros and The Fashion Police will both be on hand to welcome some returning Superstars back to the Full Sail Arena. Who will make their presence felt as we move into a new era of the greatest sports entertainment in the world, LIVE on the USA Network on Wednesday at 8/7 C

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

From The Desk of Terry Funk, The New Owner And CEO Of Ring Of Honor Wrestling

It wasn't too long ago that I made my exit from the ring, and they said the Funker would never be seen in the wrestling world again. And it wasn't too long after that that I came back, harder and hungrier than ever. And it wasn't too long after that that I made my exit from the ring, and they said the Funker would never be seen in the wrestling world again. And it wasn't too long after that that I came back, harder and hungrier than ever. And it wasn't too long after that that I made my exit from the ring, and they said the Funker would never be seen in the wrestling world again. And it wasn't too long after that [Ed. It goes on like this - PH]

Just like The Funker, people have counted Ring Of Honor out more times than I can count, and they've always stayed in the game by the skin of their teeth. That's why I'm proud to be the new owner of Ring Of Honor. When I walked into that office with a garbage bag filled with Insane Clown Posse money, I told those suits at Sinclair that they didn't respect professional wrestling, and when I stood in that ring in Tokyo, Japan, I may not have spoken a lick of the language, but there was one thing everyone in that arena shared, and that was a love of the sport! I remember, one time Jumbo [Again, it goes on. -PH]

SO DOG GONE IT, THEY KICKED US OFF THAT NETWORK AND YOU MAY BE THINKING RIGHT ABOUT NOW, THAT'S THE FINAL STRAW FOR OLD RING OF HONOR! THAT'S THE FINAL STRAW FOR OLD TERRY FUNK! BUT YOU'VE GOT ANOTHER THING COMING, AND IT'S COMING DOWN LIKE A HARD TEXAS RAIN AFTER A MONTH OF HARD DROUGHT [Sorry about this, he insists on dictating his letters - PH]

-Terry Funk, Owner And CEO of Ring Of Honor

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

About IWA Mid South
IWA Mid South is a promotion ran by Ian Rotten spanning all the way back in the mid 90's. Primarily featuring death match wrestling, IWA also lucked out on jump-starting the careers of legendary US wrestlers becoming a Super Indie before they even existed. Thoughout the years Ian Rotten's incredibly poor management of talent, money, and life in general has lead to a massive downward spirl for the company. At one time this promotion ran Rey Mysterio vs CM Punk vs Eddie Guerrero and was the earliest catalyst for the careers of such allumni as Chris Hero, Samoa Joe, Chuck Taylor, and Ricochet has fallen to rock bottom after multiple controversial incidents, stiffing people on pay, and all around Ian Rotten himself just being the scum of the earth. IWA MS has been a quiet local independent company for the better part of a decade now with little to zero fanfare but things might be looking up for Ian....

The Scenario

quote:

While stuck in a sewer, Ian Rotten finds a winning lottery ticket for a hundred dollars, which he's promptly cashed in and did what any person would. Stock up on alcohol, pay off his overdue internet bill, and bought subscriptions to multiple streaming services. In his alcohol binged dazed, he's drawn inspirations from some of the movies and TV shows he's watched. First and foremost, after finishing Tiger King, Ian Rotten has decided he too is worthy of praise and sees dollar signs in a multi-part documentary about his life. But how does he do this, when he's been living largely broke and working at a Taco Bell for several years? With part of his lotto winnings he's hired a production company from West Virginia to follow his life around as he crowns himself the "Hardcore King". After taking out several more loans, he's also secured a giant empty field in the middle of Kentucky with dreams of once again, opening the doors to IWA Mid South and becoming the biggest promotion on the planet following the death of WWE.

Quirks

quote:

• Total Anonymity (Metagame): The booker of IWA MS will remain anonymous until they've chosen to come forward, so a majority of their shows & updates will be sent to Hiram or RealFoxy to be posted in the discord or forums. We're also only given show results and story beats, so a majority of write-ups will be done by us as well.

• "Simple Man": Because of Ian Rotten's general brain trauma and drug abuse, he's living on a fantasy planet where what he sees on the television he considers to be "real". As such, IWA MS is able to draft fictional wrestlers on their shows, appearing in their on-screen rolls but will still be the actors underneath that roll performing. Ian Rotten just cannot discern reality from acting anymore

• "Free Bird": Because IWA MS was pitched after all promotions have already drafted their rosters, IWA MS mostly consists of un-signed talent. Because of this however, IWA's roster is constantly changing show-to-show. However, there is a list of signed talent that are not available to be used by any other promotion.

• "Too Drunk to gently caress": IWA MS will not be running a weekly Television show. Updates will be posted periodically by the "Camera Crew" following him around as well as impromptu matches or promos done by members of the roster living on Ian Rotten's property. All signed talent have been given their own luxury double-wide trailers with access to travel, "gyms" & on-site food trucks.

(Kayfabe) On-Screen Talent Authority Figures & Misc. Staff

quote:

• Ted DiBiase Sr: Ian's given all finances to DiBiase despite his recently run-ins with the law. DiBiase handles all of the behind-the-scenes booking of talent, payroll, and general finances of IWA Mid South

• Joseph Parks: Ian's personal lawyer and voice of reason. Parks will attempt to keep Ian Rotten out of trouble but his meek personality makes him somewhat of a pushover

• Mad Man Pondo: A somewhat casual friend of Ian Rotten from their deathmatch wrestling days, in Ian Rotten's singular moment of clarity this decade, he realized that he didn't know very much, if any modern talent in the wrestling scene and has hired Pondo to help him book his shows. Because of Pondo's respect in the business and vast knowledge of wrestling, he's brought in a good handful of unsigned talent from Japan and the US to fill out their roster.

• The Rotten Girls: Ian Rotten has hired the entire Tennessee Titan's cheerleading squad as a Nitro Girl's esque tool to bring in young, straight, adult males. Feeling as if this wasn't enough, Ian has hired Stacy Keibler as the lead "Rotten Girl"

• Dan Castellaneta (The voice of Homer Simpson): Ian Rotten has hired famous fictional retired wrestler "Homer Simpson" to do color commentary for his shows. As far as Castellaneta is concerned, he's getting paid well enough, but refuses to do shows as Homer Simpson because that would cost millions extra.

• Charlie Day: While binging shows online, Ian Rotten fell in love with the Always Sunny cast, and attempted to book Charlie Day in a wrestling roll. Charlie Day refused, but negotiated a commentary roll for the company after seeing Ian Rotten's insane scribblings of show ideas wrote in marker in the walls of Ian Rotten's bathroom.

The deadline for rosters is set to be Friday @ Midnight, EST and as such the roster is not finalized yet

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Sanguinia posted:

World Wonder Ring STARDOM General - Boy, Stop! It's About Ta Be A... Girl Fight!

A Brief History:

The pre-eminent federation in the world of Joshi Puro, STARDOM is swiftly approaching its 9th birthday. The brainchild of Rossy Ogawa, one of the principle architects of All Japan's golden age of Joshi in the 90s, as well as Joshi stars Fuka Kakimoto and Nanae Takahashi, the promotion began with the simple, slightly-gross dream of fusing the appeal of gravure models and idol singers with pro-wrestlers. In the years since that dream it has become so much more, producing incredible matches and compelling stars, so much so that WWE made it their business to pillage their main eventers like it was 1996 and they were WCW.

While some cynics feared the promotion couldn't last as it lost Kairi Hojo (aka Pirate Princess Kairi Sane) and Io Shirai (aka... Io Shirai), in fact they managed to thrive, continuing to build new stars and replace the ones lost to the west. Their success culminated just a few months ago, in October, with the purchase of the company by New Japan Pro Wrestling parent corporation Bushiroad. This infusion of money and a desire to take an all-women company mainstream was HUGE news, and everyone expected 2020 to be a revolutionary year for STARDOM.

But boy oh boy did they not know the half of it.

The King Is Dead, Long Live The Queens:

WWE's sudden death has left an incredible vacuum of power in the wrestling world, and while Bushiroad and Gedo clearly have plans to take NJPW global, STARDOM didn't want to be left out. They had the money, they had the opportunity. What they needed was a plan, a road-map to take on the rest of the world in the scramble to succeed wrestling's greatest superpower. They needed someone with true, unerring VISION.

https://twitter.com/dc_mma/status/1208075510812528641

No, you're not having a stroke. Former UFC Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight Champion Daniel Cormier is the man who came to Bushiroad with a pitch on how to use STARDOM to take over the Wrestling world. And man he must have been convincing because a room full of Japanese businessmen got on-board with him. Not only that, but the announcement went viral overnight because he dropped it at a red carpet event... right in front of now-independent NXT's public face Triple H! Talk about a throwing a gauntlet.

The first phase of Cormier's plan seems to have been a success, because it's been reported he's secured US broadcast television for Stardom's weekly TV series, "We Are Stardom." Currently a show mostly for rerunning major matches from their important events and just getting the company's stars into the public eye to boost gate sales, its being fully retooled to function as episodic TV to compete directly for American eyeballs.

Reports say that similar to New Japan World shows, the same broadcast will have Japanese and English announce team audio. The commentary will be recorded live but the show itself will be pre-taped, both to fix the issue of timezone changes for US viewers and to allow Stardom to continue its tradition of subtitling important promos and angles.

There's still a lot up in the air right now, but STARDOM seems ready to ramp up their social media campaign and make a big push to promote their American TV debut. The coming weeks are going to be the start of a new era for STARDOM and women's wrestling in general! So :justpost: about STARDOM ITT!

EDIT:

So, uh... I found out why Rick and Morty got pushed back to 11... :stare:

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 08:00 on May 29, 2020

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

goddamn, one little joke in the discord got this whole crazy idea rolling

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Wrestlers on Social Media - There is Still Some Horse Semen for the Rest of Us

Sanguinia posted:

STARDOM WK match announcement reaction roundup!

t: Pro Wrestling is changing so much, its a little scary. However, I am still the STARDOM champion! Everyone, come with me onto the world stage! The Icon of STARDOM will fight everyone!

t: Kagetsu-sama is ready to fight! Everyone will see Oedo-Tai's strength! Idiots, appreciate us at the Tokyo Dome!

t: Queen's Quest is the strongest in STARDOM. STARDOM is the strongest is Pro Wrestling. As leader, I'll prove it at the Tokyo Dome.

t: Tokyo Cyber Squad will follow our leader into this future! Everyone, watch Hana shine in the Tokyo Dome!
(note: I've decided I'll use Jungle Kyona for fun fake tweets related to this faction. I don't feel right making them from Hana. Honestly figuring out what to do with Hana is still very strange. I'm going to do everything I can to be respectful to her memory and I welcome any advice anyone has for how to do it better)

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 04:35 on May 31, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i would personally like the companies to come together and allow you take a free wrestler from one of them with a strong womens roster, after allowing them to each protect 3 wrestlers from being selected, and then retire Hana but i don't think anyone will be bothered or mad if you just do whatever you were going to do originally. do not worry

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012