Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if they didn't show rey mysterio landing and dying they should have taken video of him landing on someone's shoulders down in the parking lot and safely transitioning into a rana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually

Quantum of Phallus posted:

He absolutely had full control before he threw it away

went back and watched it again he did have control and started to celebrate, then the replay was edited to rewrite history

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Cavauro posted:

if they didn't show rey mysterio landing and dying they should have taken video of him landing on someone's shoulders down in the parking lot and safely transitioning into a rana

That would have actually been funny

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

haha

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Brokenogre posted:

went back and watched it again he did have control and started to celebrate, then the replay was edited to rewrite history

Which makes no sense since the entire thing was pretaped, but Kevin Dunn

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

He absolutely had full control before he threw it away

Carmella won by having control of it at the end; maybe that's just how it's done now? either way, the right man won

Otis :kimchi:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

People who rule

Asuka
Otis

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Intruder posted:

People who rule

Asuka
Otis

:hmmyes:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Cavauro posted:

yes, but it has to be one of those cut out magazine-type cutaways. like rey is a frozen picture 10x bigger than he is, tumbling down the side of a static building, then we cut back to real time as he lands it.

just, as bizarre as you can make it, amplify it x10.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Intruder posted:

People who rule

Asuka
Otis

You can bank on it.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Tucker is gonna get hella released

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

they'll come back with new gimmicks; the parking lot is the new lake of reincarnation

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Brokenogre posted:

aj never had full control of the breifcase on his own, he immediately fumbled it once corbin went down, corbin pulled, aj pulled back and went to lift it and the case just flew away from corbin's pull

....and?

Both guys took down the briefcase simultaneously, Corbin released the case and AJ had it. That he lost it a second later makes no difference at all, that has NEVER been a thing before in any MITB ever. The belt came down and the guy who took it down was AJ Styles.

The closest thing to this in the past was Ellsworth (ugh) handing the briefcase to Carmella, and that was down to him not being a competitor. That finish was also derided for being loving awful, so doing a deviation of it is even worse.

Like, Otis winning is awesome, but that was an awful way to do it. Especially since they had a month to edit it so they could have easily made it look like Corbin and AJ lost their grip on the belt simultaneously and Otis was the unexpected beneficiary. Instead, they had a month to edit and what they put out was AJ having the belt in his hands for like a second before "fumbling" it (which has never been a thing before) and Otis getting it.

It's... awful.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Last year Brock showed up 20 minutes into the match and just casually climbed the ladder and grabbed the briefcase so I'll take a fun wrestler winning on a weird and kind of dumb technicality

Jerusalem posted:

....and?

Both guys took down the briefcase simultaneously, Corbin released the case and AJ had it. That he lost it a second later makes no difference at all, that has NEVER been a thing before in any MITB ever. The belt came down and the guy who took it down was AJ Styles.

The closest thing to this in the past was Ellsworth (ugh) handing the briefcase to Carmella, and that was down to him not being a competitor. That finish was also derided for being loving awful, so doing a deviation of it is even worse.

The finish with Morrison was similarish? I guess?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

According to Twitter, the Money in the Bank conference room is actually 100% a real thing in the HQ.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

....and?

Like, Otis winning is awesome, but that was an awful way to do it. Especially since they had a month to edit it so they could have easily made it look like Corbin and AJ lost their grip on the belt simultaneously and Otis was the unexpected beneficiary. Instead, they had a month to edit and what they put out was AJ having the belt in his hands for like a second before "fumbling" it (which has never been a thing before) and Otis getting it.

It's... awful.

oh I agree that it was an awful way to do the win. Like I can see what they WANTED to do and it was still stupid but the alternative was for Otis to have the big show ladder hidden up on the roof, since they wanted to go with the too fat to climb joke earlier in the match

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Aphrodite posted:

According to Twitter, the Money in the Bank conference room is actually 100% a real thing in the HQ.

Clearly this means that spooky casket room is also real.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
They should have not had a ring at all, and had Tucker use a Forklift to raise Otis up to acknowledge that he does, contrary to popular belief, still have a tag team partner. Unless he was murdered at Elimination Chamber, because that's the last time I remember him

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
How did AJ manage to escape that room?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

raise Otis up to acknowledge that he does, contrary to popular belief, still have a tag team partner.

Not for long

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Hirez posted:

There's a lot of unanswered questions here, I don't even remember what happened to Daniel Bryan but I don't think he took any kind of bump

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Raeg posted:

Clearly this means that spooky casket room is also real.

Of course Titan Towers has a spooky casket room its the central hub for undertaker to teleport into when he is needed at corperate, If vince is fully willing to have a fully functional gym put into that place in the 80's it doesnt surprise me at all that he would have a casket room for undertaker to teleport into

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This Undertaker video, Jesus Christ....

"He was in the hospital and he didn't remember his name or why he was in New Orleans or that Wrestlemania was on... but Vince showed up to the hospital with him so he really cares!"

Hirez posted:

Black didn't lock the door or anything so presumably he just... opened the door?

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

They should have not had a ring at all, and had Tucker use a Forklift to raise Otis up to acknowledge that he does, contrary to popular belief, still have a tag team partner. Unless he was murdered at Elimination Chamber, because that's the last time I remember him

I fully expect Tucker to turn heel on Otis any day now, he has the girl he has the contract, its a ready made jealousy angle to break the team and push otis to being an upper midcarder

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
So undertaker’s concussion against Brock was so bad he didn’t know his name until 4am.

And of course Taker says “it’s just one concussion”

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

"He was in the hospital and he didn't remember his name or why he was in New Orleans or that Wrestlemania was on... but Vince showed up to the hospital with him so he really cares!"

if you're hurt at a show and the director of a show comes to check on you, it really is a big deal/what should happen.

WWE isn't typical theater or performance, but it's still just a bunch of drama kids with big muscles.

Vince is still a dumpster fire of a person but he did the good thing there like he should.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

I'm waiting on the undertaker special but it sounds like people are gonna push the narrative that brock went into business for himself and took the streak again unless thats being outright disputed by this special

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Jerusalem posted:

....and?

It's... awful.

my first thought was "oh, i guess they're gonna do an aj/otis feud over this finish" and then much later i remembered they're on different shows

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Brokenogre posted:

I fully expect Tucker to turn heel on Otis any day now, he has the girl he has the contract, its a ready made jealousy angle to break the team and push otis to being an upper midcarder

lol they just won't put him on TV anymore and will pretend like Otis was never even in a tag team

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

They will also start calling Otis "Heavy Machinery" to further act like there was never a "Tucker"

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Remember like 15 minutes before he won the MITB briefcase when Otis started a food fight ruining Paul Heyman's inexplicable smorgasbord and then he like ate a bunch of it so we knew what a fat piece of poo poo he is and then right after that he pied Johnny Ace? lol now he's the top title contender

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

DeepDickPizza posted:

Remember like 15 minutes before he won the MITB briefcase when Otis started a food fight ruining Paul Heyman's inexplicable smorgasbord and then he like ate a bunch of it so we knew what a fat piece of poo poo he is and then right after that he pied Johnny Ace? lol now he's the top title contender

good

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Intruder posted:

The finish with Morrison was similarish? I guess?

Yeah, but no one in the singles match for the Tag Team Championships had control until Morrison hit the ground.

If AJ and Corbin had lost control at the same time, fine. Too bad this was live, so they couldn't do another take.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Much like with Wrestlemania, I didn't realize that they were showing this live on my Korean cable TV channel. So I just turned in to see Zelina Vega's pretty man No.1 rip off his pants and then continue fighting.

Oh, and there was also a screen in screen where Lashley and Lana were having a lovers tiff.

What else have I missed?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

BrigadierSensible posted:

Much like with Wrestlemania, I didn't realize that they were showing this live on my Korean cable TV channel. So I just turned in to see Zelina Vega's pretty man No.1 rip off his pants and then continue fighting.

Oh, and there was also a screen in screen where Lashley and Lana were having a lovers tiff.

What else have I missed?

Sounds like you're watching RAW?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

DeepDickPizza posted:

Sounds like you're watching RAW?

Looking again, it seems you are right.

Whoops. My mistake. I misread the TV listings. Sorry.

Edit: Yeah, this is the gauntlet match. AJ Styles just walked in after Pretty Man No.2 got eliminated.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 11, 2020

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

lmfao otis

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Can we get back to Eat My Fuc saying they invented Seth’s new gimmick? I must hear the rationale for that statement.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The rationale is that EMF says outlandish poo poo so you'll pay attention to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Can we get back to Eat My Fuc saying they invented Seth’s new gimmick? I must hear the rationale for that statement.

Check if this account has the same ip as EMF