Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Ugh just buy a weight loss spell from Etsy like everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
If you're planning on losing 100lbs, then you should probably be planning to lose it over the span of an entire year. That way you'll limit the loose skin to a minimum, and hopefully you'll teach yourself how to eat properly. If you try the Slim-Fast method (and actually stick to it), you're going to hit your target weight, then balloon back up as soon as you stop the Shakes.

1. Plan meals
2. Determine the approx calories in the food and the servings.
3. Prepare a serving size that meets your caloric needs, but doesn't exceed them.
4. Start planning walks and exercise.
5. Plan your day so that you don't end up watching TV before going to bed. That's when you're going to get bored or hungry, and eating before bed is the absolute worst thing you can do. Set an alarm for when you need to go to bed, and have your wifi turn off for an hour at this time or lock your phone out or something to make you get into and stay in a proper sleep cycle.
6. Don't have any non-essential food in the home. Snacks, candy, cereal is bad for some people. If your willpower is lacking (you're fat, it is) then don't have that poo poo in the house.
7. Establish a cheat day where you treat yourself to something "junk-ish". Maybe you get a Big Mac meal, maybe you buy a personal pizza, maybe you have an extra portion of Lasagna. Give yourself a reward day so you are less likely to fall off the wagon. Don't make your cheat day a day where you consume 7000 calories or something stupid like that. It's supposed to be a day that rewards your good practices and teaches you what a treat is like (a small something, not a garbage can full of junk food).
8. Make a graph or a visible chart that you use to track your weight. Something that will show you your progress so that you can see if you're falling off the wagon and then correct it.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

Blistex posted:

If you're planning on losing 100lbs, then you should probably be planning to lose it over the span of an entire year. That way you'll limit the loose skin to a minimum, and hopefully you'll teach yourself how to eat properly. If you try the Slim-Fast method (and actually stick to it), you're going to hit your target weight, then balloon back up as soon as you stop the Shakes.

1. Plan meals
2. Determine the approx calories in the food and the servings.
3. Prepare a serving size that meets your caloric needs, but doesn't exceed them.
4. Start planning walks and exercise.
5. Plan your day so that you don't end up watching TV before going to bed. That's when you're going to get bored or hungry, and eating before bed is the absolute worst thing you can do. Set an alarm for when you need to go to bed, and have your wifi turn off for an hour at this time or lock your phone out or something to make you get into and stay in a proper sleep cycle.
6. Don't have any non-essential food in the home. Snacks, candy, cereal is bad for some people. If your willpower is lacking (you're fat, it is) then don't have that poo poo in the house.
7. Establish a cheat day where you treat yourself to something "junk-ish". Maybe you get a Big Mac meal, maybe you buy a personal pizza, maybe you have an extra portion of Lasagna. Give yourself a reward day so you are less likely to fall off the wagon. Don't make your cheat day a day where you consume 7000 calories or something stupid like that. It's supposed to be a day that rewards your good practices and teaches you what a treat is like (a small something, not a garbage can full of junk food).
8. Make a graph or a visible chart that you use to track your weight. Something that will show you your progress so that you can see if you're falling off the wagon and then correct it.

Thanks, yeah I am going to do all of those once I lose the weight so I can maintain 190.

I don't think I will get loose skin because I am very tall and I never got loose skin the last time I did this but if I notice I am getting some I will stop this experiment immediately.

de_dust posted:

OP have you thought about getting a prescription for Dexedrine? Just pretend you have ADD.

Slimfast and dextroamphetamine would be a sure fire way to lose it. You won’t even feel hungry.

Is it the same as Vyvanse?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXuM6nzoQRc

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

Thanks, yeah I am going to do all of those once I lose the weight so I can maintain 190.

I don't think I will get loose skin because I am very tall and I never got loose skin the last time I did this but if I notice I am getting some I will stop this experiment immediately.

Didn’t you say it was mid-2000’s last time you lost a lot of weight? Your skin loses a ton of elasticity as you age, chances are you’re going to have significantly more loose skin this time around.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

dunno my friend, that sounds more miserable and more work than just getting some sort of medical intervention if you're that driven to do it. like, if you want to look at it terms of cost (or if it was me in your situation, I'd look at like a happiness/cost ratio or something) you'd probably be better off getting a side gig to pay for treatment instead of just cutting a big part of existence out of your life. but everyone's different.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I know it's not. I just don't care. I do what I want babe, don't tread on me

I mean your thread title is literally asking for us to tell you what a bad idea it is.

Anyway might I suggest logging your stuff on a site like http://www.weightgrapher.com/graphs and/or posting on the Weight Log thread.

Also to echo everyone else, please reconsider something healthier.

Scott Lame
Jan 8, 2014
I lost over 100 lbs a few years back and have basically kept it off. What worked for me was a food diary, which was highly educational. I have little self control but if I feel like eating I can usually make myself opt for say, popcorn, instead of cookies.

And I walked a lot. 2 miles a day. After the first few weeks it got much easier and eventually I really enjoyed it. It's a great mood improver.

Pube Factory
Jun 10, 2001
Pretty much the only thing I'm good at is growing these beautiful, thick pubes
For a fat guy, you sure seem to know a lot about losing weight

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The collagen in your joints and tendons are going to evaporate and your bones will grind to dust so you will be a svelte 190 lbs of bed ridden sex god.

Your Shoes
May 6, 2020

by Reene
Your idea is bad hope that helps good luck losing weight it is hard.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

But I must ask...can you teach me the magic of being able to fry onions/mushrooms/broc while it not being fattening?

Just don't... deep fry them? Also get a food scale from IKEA or something and get in the habit of weighing poo poo. 1 KG of white mushrooms (say) is 220 calories. Two tablespoons of oil is another 240 or so, and is easily enough to sauté even that much. An entire large onion is like 60 cal, so if you mixed all that for 520 you'd end up with an enormous amount of food for pretty drat low calories relatively. Not that you can eat just a big pile of it, but lots of veggies (even fried) are stupidly low. That's two pounds or so of food for less calories than two McDoubles.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Pube Factory posted:

For a fat guy, you sure seem to know a lot about losing weight

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
69 days at 420kcal daily should be more than sufficient for your goals op

If you wanna go real fast I suggest amputation though

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
but honestly, if you touch computers for 16 hours a day, you might actually be autistic enough to induce an eating disorder, so this might actually work out (at least the lose 100 pounds part)

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

Snack on baby carrots, op

frh
Dec 6, 2014

got some chores tonight posted:

but honestly, if you touch computers for 16 hours a day, you might actually be autistic enough to induce an eating disorder, so this might actually work out (at least the lose 100 pounds part)

Yes I am on the spectrum. Also I have to touch computers 16 hours a day because my job is a nightmarish hell for which there is no escape.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Well you're a self described fat autist and you're repeatedly being told you need professional help, OP.

Congrats, I guess.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Your plan is fine but I would probably switch to protein shakes instead of Slimfast just to help preserve your muscle mass.

Maybe even Keto protein shakes. Your brain will probably feel better adapted to ketones than just getting a rare glucose spike from a slimfast once in a blue moon.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Yes I am on the spectrum. Also I have to touch computers 16 hours a day because my job is a nightmarish hell for which there is no escape.

At least you don't have to worry about passing out from the major food restriction as you would on a more physically demanding job.

Progress feels good, make sure you take note of all the little changes you see coming as a way of telling your brain that it's really working and you are succeeding. Also please make sure you really are getting the nutrients that you need.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

are you planning on doing any exercise at all while drinking nesquik for a month? if you don't exercise, best-case scenario is you come out of all this effort looking like a skinnyfat wimp with a malformed body, which isn't really better than a fat guy.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I'll start my protein shake for lunch and a Bar S brand hotdog for dinner diet. Wish me luck!

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race

zedprime posted:

The collagen in your joints and tendons are going to evaporate and your bones will grind to dust so you will be a svelte 190 lbs of bed ridden sex god.

This. Also in your skin which means you'll wrinkle up and look prematurely old.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
So I've lost 60bs since Christmas by calorie counting and using the my MyFitnessPal app. If you're a man who engages in light activity you absolutely should not go below 1500 calories a day. When I started the journey the app limited me to about 2400, now 5 months later I'm down to about 1630 a day. You can, and should, vary your calorie intake to prevent your metabolism from getting used to your calorie counts and you SHOULD eat cheat meals to replace hormones that allow your body to burn fat more efficiently. Its a long road and its hard to sustain and its definitely unsustainable, and incredibly unhealthy to attempt to stay below 500 calories a day.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

if you are not constantly slamming calories into your mouth, your body will go into starvation mode and you will become even fatter. This is science.

you must consume. you must become a hero.

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
What if you ate plain vegetables and like a piece of fish or oatmeal, instead of the shakes... are they really good or what? Youre already denying yourself the pleasure of food, might as well get fiber and vitamins and poo poo from it.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Vyvanse is the pro-drug version. Meaning it’s metabolized into dextroamphetamine in the liver.

Dexedrine cuts out the middleman.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
“EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS JANE FONDA'S WORKOUT AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, HANOI JANE. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME SICK SQUATS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY EXERCISED WITH THE MOST HATED CELEBRITY OF THE 1970S. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT”

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Do a handstand, swallow helium, wait till it rises up to a perfectly horizontal bit of your intestines and then stand up normally again. Try to keep level.

Do this every day until you are 100 pounds lighter.

(Don't do hydrogen though. Nazis use hydrogen)

frh
Dec 6, 2014

ANUSTART posted:

What if you ate plain vegetables and like a piece of fish or oatmeal, instead of the shakes... are they really good or what? Youre already denying yourself the pleasure of food, might as well get fiber and vitamins and poo poo from it.

The shakes are OK. It satiates my cravings for chocolate which is good.

Denying myself the pleasure of food is why this will work for me. Fish and oatmeal taste good and if I eat those I'll be back to eating entire jars of peanut butter by the end of the day. I'm a very all or nothing person.

If I eat a piece of fish my mouth is going to be watering all day, wanting a piece of steak or $5 bag of Doritoes.

frh fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 12, 2020

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

The shakes are OK. It satiates my cravings for chocolate which is good.

Denying myself the pleasure of food is why this will work for me. Fish and oatmeal taste good and if I eat those I'll be back to eating entire jars of peanut butter by the end of the day. I'm a very all or nothing person.

You should really do very low calorie keto instead of just very low calorie, you'll be less hungry

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Bum the Sad posted:

You should really do very low calorie keto instead of just very low calorie, you'll be less hungry

I'm honestly not hungry at all and haven't been all week. If I started eating chicken and bacon I'd be hungry 24/7,which is what I usually am.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

I'm honestly not hungry at all and haven't been all week. If I started eating chicken and bacon I'd be hungry 24/7,which is what I usually am.

I feel you. I did the 400 calorie a day diet for like 2 months when I was younger(21 maybe) and lost 40lbs and dropped to 160. So I feel you, I did the exact same thing and was just fine.

I don't know if I could do it now in my mid thirties without some trick like Keto. They make Keto shakes.

https://slimfast.com/products/keto/shakes

You just generally feel better starving in ketosis, than starving normally.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Bum the Sad posted:

I feel you. I did the 400 calorie a day diet for like 2 months when I was younger(21 maybe) and lost 40lbs and dropped to 160. So I feel you, I did the exact same thing and was just fine.

I don't know if I could do it now in my mid thirties without some trick like Keto. They make Keto shakes.

https://slimfast.com/products/keto/shakes

You just generally feel better starving in ketosis, than starving normally.

I didn't know they made those. Thank you. Gonna order them so I don't end up like that one goon's dog

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Surprise, the guy who touches computers 16 hours a day is kinda hard to talk to.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Hey op! I lost about 90lbs 4 years ago and kept it off. I did it the slow way op! Counted my calorie intake then cut that in half tried to not go over. Had my scheduled cheat days so i didnt go crazy. Blah blah blah.

Ya gotta eat something op! Breakfast is really important! I know it sounds super counter productive, but ya need some food in the morning. A lunch and a dinner. Some people do big breakfast with progressively smaller meals throughout the day or just plan out accordingly!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Give us weekly progress reports, OP

With pictures!

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Devils Affricate posted:

Give us weekly progress reports, OP

With pictures!

I was gonna post daily

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Hey op! I lost about 90lbs 4 years ago and kept it off. I did it the slow way op! Counted my calorie intake then cut that in half tried to not go over. Had my scheduled cheat days so i didnt go crazy. Blah blah blah.

Ya gotta eat something op! Breakfast is really important! I know it sounds super counter productive, but ya need some food in the morning. A lunch and a dinner. Some people do big breakfast with progressively smaller meals throughout the day or just plan out accordingly!

If I do it the slow way l will give up after three days

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You can't cheat your way to success. Forming healthy habits takes time and effort and will not happen overnight- just start with small steps of cutting out the seriously unhealthy things you consume, maybe adding a simple daily walk, and go on from there.

Jumping into a heavy workout schedule after being a sedentary computer toucher forever is a sure way to fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Colonel Cancer posted:

Jumping into a heavy workout schedule after being a sedentary computer toucher forever is a sure way to fail.

Luckily I have no plans to work out