Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
After a few weeks I'd slowly introduce more food. Especially protein and vegetables. Maybe fat too if you aren't getting 30g/day. Losing more than 1% bodyweight per week isn't advised for a ton of reasons far beyond the scope of a GBS reply.

You got the diet kickstarted, you broke the habit of stuffing your gullet nonstop, that's the hard part. Now that you're on the diet path and rolling in progress you should go with something sustainable and nourishing.

I did a diet like that when I was a dumbass teen and it's the wrong way to go. Sustainable weight loss of 1-2lbs/wk is so much better when you reach your goal weight. You keep more muscle mass, you look skinnier at your final weight in contrast with skinny fat or emaciated, you aren't starving your body of stuff it needs, and you don't risk anything.

It took your entire drat life to get to 290lbs, what's a year or two to hit 190. You're going to get back up to 290 if you go back to old eating habits anyway. So dragging the diet out to build up new, good habits during it is all positive.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:55 on May 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU