Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

What is this?
Drawpile is a program that allows you to draw on the same canvas together with other people at the same time. It's pretty capable and available for free on Windows, Mac, and Linux.

How do I do the thing?
After downloading and installing Drawpile, Select Session in the menu, then go to Join. From there you can join public sessions, though I have a server setup for fellow goons specifically. Enter drawpile.tymoon.eu into the bar below and click Join.

That should present you with a list of channels.

Click on the GoonArt channel.
That should get you into the channel, at which point Drawpile will download the current canvas for you.

From then on you can draw onto the canvas however you like!

But what if I can't draw no good?
Treat this more like a game you play with friends. It doesn't matter if there's a difference in (perceived) skill between the players, we're all just here to hang out together and have some fun. So please, give it a try! With a few people at the same time, it's a great time.

Drawing alone is depressing. How do I know if anyone's online?
You can just hop in and see if anyone's on. If not, post here and see if someone else will show up! We could also arrange a more fixed date if that would be helpful.

What can Drawpile even do?
It's not as polished or feature-rich as Krita, but it supports all the essentials like brushes, undo, tablet pressure, layers, selection, and so forth.

If I like what we drew, can I save it?
Yes! Drawpile allows you to save the canvas at any point, or even continue working on it offline when you leave the online session. Also, if you drew something fun, please do post it in here, I'd love to see what people do!

I don't want to draw with these other schmucks, can I do that?
If you use the Host option in the Session menu, you should be able to host your own (albeit temporary) channels and password protect them so you can play with your own friends.

The canvas is full! What now?
Well, I suppose you'll have to erase or draw over something. If you like what was there before, you can always save a snapshot.

Someone drew Goatse and now I can't sleep
The goatman is your friend and cannot hurt you.

Shinmera fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Hall of fame

Reserved space for especially well drawn piles. Your pile of art could be here!

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Nice! I値l definitely hop in at some point.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

I would be down to play. Do we organize a time or just join and hope for the best?

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

I'd say just hop on if you feel like it and post here if nobody else is around.

We could still try to organise an 'official time' to get more people together, but I don't know what would be good. Finding a good compromise for Europe, Asia, and America isn't easy.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

I don't have a lot of time tonight unfortunately, but I drew a small thing to get the canvas a bit less empty. Feel free to add/desecrate!

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Doesn稚 appear to be a version for iPad. Total bummer!

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

poemdexter posted:

Doesn稚 appear to be a version for iPad. Total bummer!

I知 looking into getting around this by connecting my iPad to my PC with a USB C cable and using an app called Duet to turn it into a Cintiq. I値l let you all know how it goes.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Some great additions!

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

readingatwork posted:

I知 looking into getting around this by connecting my iPad to my PC with a USB C cable and using an app called Duet to turn it into a Cintiq. I値l let you all know how it goes.

Definitely let me know how this turns out!

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Argue and I went to town today!

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Whoops, I got busy for a long while and forgot about this. I was positively surprised that others did not, though!

That is some high quality coloring work!

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

I'm done for today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

I've opened up a new channel called "goonart christmas"! I'm going to try and be in there around christmas time (also check the Discord). Would be great if we could get a collage of stuff going in there!