Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

If this is your first time noticing that UFC IS BACK, I'm very sorry, go watch UFC 249 from last weekend instead of this card, but if you've already seen that and you're looking for more cool fights, we're here for you for this completely normal Wednesday UFC card.

I'm usually all about prelim fights but even I can't pretend there's anything on these that I give a poo poo about, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Our main card starts off with Michael Johnson fighting someone I don't recognize, as is appropriate for someone who's lost as much as he has lately and is still somehow in the UFC.

Then we've got an Andrei Arlovski fight, rumor has it that he's recently made some lifestyle changes that should result in him having a pretty good performance, so expect him to get immediately knocked out in true heavyweight fashion.

Ray Borg is coming up to 135 to fight Ricky Simon, this should actually be a pretty good fight but I have a feeling Borg won't be able to keep up.

Drew Dober vs Alexander Hernandez is probably the fight I'm looking forward to the most, Drew Dober is probably the best lightweight that nobody knows, both his last two fights ended in a knockout under 70 seconds each.

For the co-main event, we're slowing things down a little bit with OSP finally coming up to heavyweight, weighing in at 240.5 lbs makes it seem like he's not taking this lightly, but we'll see if he can get past Ben "Always 265" Rothwell.

Finally we have Anthony Smith vs Glover Teixeira, a fight that doesn't actually matter because neither one of them will ever have another title shot, despite both technically being in the LHW top 10.

Broadcast starts about 30 minutes from this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I know Drew Dober and he slaps and owns

BaconPirate
Dec 11, 2019
First fight is probably at 4pm with only 4 fights on the prelims, could be 330 but not likely

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

im only here for The Pitbull Andrei Arlovski. let's loving go

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I am ready for fights.

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
3 Heavyweight fights and a Heavyweight Lite main event 👍🏻

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

WE ARE LIVE

e: 1 hour to fights :rip:

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 23:02 on May 13, 2020

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Go Arlovski!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Dober looks like he cut too much weight

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CommonShore posted:

Dober looks like he cut too much weight

Like, during the weigh ins, or in the official picture?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Trying to watch this and Fightpass is stuck in a forever loading screen so I guess I just... won't?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Jerusalem posted:

Trying to watch this and Fightpass is stuck in a forever loading screen so I guess I just... won't?

It is on ESPN+ as far as I know (unless you're international). There also aren't fights for another 13 minutes, so it might not be launched on fightpass yet.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

It is on ESPN+ as far as I know (unless you're international). There also aren't fights for another 13 minutes, so it might not be launched on fightpass yet.

I'm international so Fightpass for me. It was stuck loading forever on Chrome, I tried Firefox and it is running okay there :shrug:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Those motherfuckers bamboozled me again. "Prelims start at 6", more like an hour of absolute nothing :argh:

BaconPirate
Dec 11, 2019
Thanks bisping for echoing my sentiments on Gaethje vs khabib

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
traaaaaaaaaaashweights

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Vanilla Gorilla is a hell of a nickname.

Edit: Oh my God Villanueva walked right by her as she was saying,"His dad's dead!"

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Jerusalem posted:

The Vanilla Gorilla is a hell of a nickname.

Edit: Oh my God Villanueva walked right by her as she was saying,"His dad's dead!"

Her saying that as he stood inches from her and then continuing to talk as the camera pulled miles away is a powerful energy to bring here, but I'll see if Rothwell gets near a microphone before calling it the most awkward thing we'll see tonight

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Jerusalem posted:

I'm international so Fightpass for me. It was stuck loading forever on Chrome, I tried Firefox and it is running okay there :shrug:

The feed was live at like 5:50 EST and at 6:00 exactly they went live with DC/Felder/Anik standing around with a 1 hour 2 minute til first fight countdown clock running (On Fightpass).

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
First time in a long time I've seen Dana cage side for prelims on a Fight Night. I guess thats just the situation with the pandemic.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Brut posted:

Like, during the weigh ins, or in the official picture?

Weigh in and then when giving an interview with whatserface

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Brut fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 14, 2020

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
ooof that elbow

drat

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That elbow, loving hell.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Good lord that elbow was perfect.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
old mate is lucky he was on the way down before that second elbow landed

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

The empty arena makes for great acoustics when someone gets properly murdered like that

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

chase sherman has the lip movements of chris farley

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahahaha that line was perfect

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

sportsgenius86 posted:

Hahahahaha that line was perfect

DC deeply understood the joy of finding a bonus wing.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Ahhh combat sports, where the old "I've forgotten more than you know" adage is frequently literal

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/SoozieCuzie/status/1260716117208838146

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my loving God he hit the off switch.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

good loving night wow

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I don't know what's more ridiculous about Kelleher:

the beats by dre headphones on the skull tattoo

his alternate nickname of "Whitey Mouse"

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I might be crazy but that sounded like a broken jaw.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

drat. Corner calling for the 3 as a counter took his head off with it a minute later.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Those last couple ground strikes were a level of unnecessary that should be reserved for Michael Bisping

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

https://streamable.com/m4huqc

lmao don't touch buffer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconPirate
Dec 11, 2019
Everyone is going to start demanding their own custom shorts.