Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revolucion
Nov 2, 2004

Edit - Don't play this silly game.

Revolucion fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolucion
Nov 2, 2004
There is a detailed guide in your Faction Discussion. However it may take for your application to get approved to allow you access.

With this in mind, the first steps of the tutorial are shared below:

Level 1:

1. Don't start tutorial missions yet

You will get better gym results after you have completed the next 2 steps. If you haven't received money and drugs, ask in the Discord for your newbie pack.

2. Use the faction armory to equip your combat gear
Select the Weapons and Armor Tab at the top of the faction armory page

NOTE: Only loan out items that are 'available'. Never click the retrieve button, as someone else is currently using that item.

Equip the following items:
Weapons: Diamond Blade Knife, BT MP9, AK-47
Armour: Combat Pants, Combat Boots, Combat Gloves, Combat Helmet, Combat Vest

3. Rent a mansion for 30 days

You will be sent $500,000 when you join the faction. Use some of that to rent a mansion or ranch for 30 days.
Find the rental market under City > Estate Agents > Rental Market

The happiness level associated with this property will massively improve your gym gains. Make sure the rental has at least 750 happiness. Once you have moved into the rental, eat Big Box of Chocolate to max out your happiness. You can have up to a 24hr booster cool down from eating candy.

4. Start the Biology - Introduction to Biochemistry Education Course

If you have started another course, cancel it and switch. After this, complete Intravenous Therapy and gain access to filling and using blood bags, which makes filling your health and getting out of the hospital much much easier.

5. Begin the Torn Tutorial Missions

• 1. Don't do the tutorial missions until you've rented a better property and ate chocolate until your happy meter is full!
  • 2. As you're going through the tutorial, use as little energy as possible, with the exception of Dummy Bashing when it asks you to use all your energy in the gym. You should end up with a whole bunch of energy after completing.
  • 3. After you've completed the missions you will be doing a "chocolate jump". Wait until just after a 15-minute interval (:00, :15, :30, :45), then consume Big Boxes of Chocolate (sent in your newbie pack) until your booster cooldown is over 24 hours. This will increase your happiness over the limit, but be aware it will be reduced back to your normal maximum when the next 15-minute interval comes about.
  • 4. Pop an ecstasy pill to double your happiness (sent in your newbie pack).
  • 5. You now have until the next 15-minute interval to train all your energy! Try and do it somewhat evenly, while unlocking gyms as they become available.

6. Only do the 2 nerve search for cash crimes

Only do the 2 nerve crimes to begin, with the exception of any crimes needed in tutorial missions. There are a specific order and number of crimes that should be done:
  • 1. Search for cash 200 times (2 nerve)
  • 2. Sell copied media 200 times (3 nerve)
  • 3. See details in crime sections further in this guide.

7. Attack levelling targets

After you've completed the tutorial choco jump in step 6, you can start power levelling by attacking people on this leveling targets list. Look for the people who have similar or lower stats than you and attack them. After defeating them, you will be presented with three options, make sure to choose "leave", as this gives the most experience.

In the coming days, you will do more choco jumps to increase your stats until you can consistently defeat the highest levels in the target list.

Use the DoctorN "stake out" checkbox to save your favourite targets (see step 9)

8. Spend any merits on education time cooldown

Your first 55 merits should go towards maxing out education time. This will help you unlock many of the game's features quicker.

9. Install Doctorn and sign up to tornstats.com

Doctorn is a browser plugin that improves the user interface of the game.

Tornstats.com helps you and the faction keep track of your progress

Revolucion fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 15, 2020

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Be Gay, Do Crimes

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

come do a organized violence, goons!

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Crimes are good.

Jay-Roden
Jul 22, 2018

My leg is hungry.

Blood for the Blood God!
Skulls for the Skull Throne!
Remember kids do drugs. :frogdunce:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Once you do enough crimes and take enough drugs you can become art-vandalay and be an importer exporter.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

I'm a school teacher and I keep trying to pickpocket the kids and they keep knocking me on my rear end.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Also, losers like this exist:

And you can use ingame money (a very modest amount that I have been blatantly stealing from the guild bank whenever I want it) to put bounties on them so that they end up in the hospital (you cant do things while in the hospital or something) forever:

And then they get real mad:
(This is his guild leader after he cried to him about it)

Who the gently caress spends $1k on a not-even-that-great browser game lol

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

List of things you can do in Torn:

Buy something from a trader and immediately mug them to get part of your money back
Quit your job at the local supermarket and rob the tills on your way out (just like real life!)
Break people out of jail
Place bounties so other stronger players come in and kick someone's rear end for you
Rig pubbie forum games or poker games for both fun and for profit
Gay marry a fellow goon and live naked together on your own personal private island
Get addicted to drugs and go to Switzerland for rehab
Throw a brick at someone's face
Join in on faction chains and territory wars, where we all gently caress up a bunch of pubbie clowns at the same time and steal their poo poo
Try to burn down a warehouse and end up in the hospital with 3rd degree burns
Operate an international stuffed animal smuggling ring
Freely attack anyone at any time, and either steal their money or put them in the hospital for hours
Drop some drugs, eat 49 boxes of chocolate, and hit the gym to GET SWOLE

Almost all of us were brand new a few months ago, and we've already started multiple faction fights by doing dumb poo poo and pissing people off. Just this week we captured our first territory by kicking a whole lot of asses, and one of the recipients of those rear end kickings is still so pissed that they've launched a personal vendetta against one of our members and is dumping real world cash into the game to try and get back at us.

poo poo is fun, come be gay and do crimes with us!

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
Couple other funny messages from taking our first territory.

From the faction leader complaining we're multis

From one of the line members, similar in game age to us

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

When you're on this many drugs you don't have to sleep

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Quit your job at the local supermarket and rob the tills on your way out (just like real life!)

Don't do this. The store's candy and energy drink inventory is worth way more on the open market.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

super sweet best pal posted:

Don't do this. The store's candy and energy drink inventory is worth way more on the open market.

Nah the player owned jobs are way better than the garbage Grocer starter job.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Nah the player owned jobs are way better than the garbage Grocer starter job.

Well yeah, but if you're going to cash out on grocer points you might as well go big.

Chaospoowoo
Feb 17, 2009

I've got by burgers, and I've got my boys. All I need is a BAAAAM!!!
crimes lets go

Pryce
May 21, 2011
Posting for invite.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

I'll play, in as shadowlzoon

Shadowlz fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 14, 2020

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
it's pretty goofy

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

forgot to mention that i will give weed and beer to new players

biosterous in game, hit me up

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

also I'm gay.. but my spouse quit so I'm good for another super gay noob to marry me once My rent is done on current place.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
there are crimes afoot.....and I'm gonna do 'em

blackcat12951
Oct 23, 2012

HELLCAT BESTCAT

Doctor Rope
The convienience store clerk has hospitalised me more than our enemies.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

How much time do I have to commit to get pubbie tears?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

a little every few hours

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

i only play for just long enough to start another 2-3 hour timer whenever the last timer runs out

but i was still able to harvest pubbie tears

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

I have days where my total interaction with this game is less than 5 minutes.

You can set timers and be a min/max freak lord to milk every single thing for your character, and you can spend time starting poo poo or market flipping or hanging out with us on discord, but if you wanna set no timers and barely log in you'll still progress nicely.

If you really wanna get some tears there's a thing called "buy mugging" where you buy something expensive from someone off the market and immediately mug them to steal part of your money back. It drives people insane, can be very profitable, and takes less than one minute to complete.

A GIANT PARSNIP fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 16, 2020

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

You can also dump bounties on people that piss you off, which makes them super mad and takes up way more of their time than it took you to make that money.

E: Also the API doesn't allow for any input to the game, just scraping output, so you can't accidentally send the entire faction bank to someone else.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

if you're not burning down 20 warehouses a day you're not trying hard enough

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

22 Eargesplitten posted:

You can also dump bounties on people that piss you off, which makes them super mad and takes up way more of their time than it took you to make that money.

Case in point:

The bounties are only for $42069 each, too, so they're quite affordable once you have travel unlocked and can fly back and forth for plushies a couple times a day.

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 05:27 on May 19, 2020

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

sounds like I need to also bounty this person.. Heh

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

“The only thing you are doing is wasting your money. On an unrelated note, I have stopped playing this game.” - Minxo

A GIANT PARSNIP fucked around with this message at 13:45 on May 20, 2020

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
Oh great a Goon Faction, I should browse the MMO forum more often. Level held at 25 so far with ~450k stats.

Will look at moving over!

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Emnity posted:

Oh great a Goon Faction, I should browse the MMO forum more often. Level held at 25 so far with ~450k stats.

Will look at moving over!

Even if you're too invested in your current faction you're welcome to come hang out on the discord!

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

after months of careful planning i have finally risen to the top of the medical field and become a brain surgeon, so my immediate next move was, naturally, to quit and become a receptionist at a local gym.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

biosterous posted:

after months of careful planning i have finally risen to the top of the medical field and become a brain surgeon, so my immediate next move was, naturally, to quit and become a receptionist at a local gym.

haven't you ever seen Pain and Gain? this is just the beginning of an illustrious career in crime

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

haha yeah... beginning...

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
The warehouses are built specifically for burning down in Torn.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

All I do now is fly between Torn and burn Nerve and Energy when I get back. I'm ready for another turf war because walls are a lot more fun than doing missions and training.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Rynoto posted:

The warehouses are built specifically for burning down in Torn.

It's obviously some sort of insurance fraud scheme.