Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Can we please change the thread title to Torn.com - "Your Time on Torn is at an End"

All of this bullshit just keeps getting better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i sent a report requesting a title change, it would be perfect

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

:allears:

lol 5bil for e-honor. Gaming communities never change; losing wars on purpose still works.

bless you goons

captaingimpy
Aug 3, 2004

I luv me some pirate booty, and I'm not talkin' about the gold!
Fun Shoe

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

its not true 5bil cost but in essence its worth that much in actual energy usage instead of gaining stats since theyre all trash can idiots despite being years into the game

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I can do that name change, sure. Enjoy!

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

lmao that dumpy idiot lv 100 4500 age stalemated me and now hes trying to say the stat spy from 17 months ago is wrong (not true)

his current stats

stat spy from doctorn 17 months ago

-HxC-: Your faction had poo poo spies
slippyslappy: maybe if you didnt keep hitting on lowbies youd be higher
-HxC-: I guess that's why unleashed left the area
-HxC-: 😂
-HxC-: You're garbo it's okay dude
-HxC-: Talk me. To death some more
-HxC-: Pinch the nurses rear end for me too
-HxC-: Yea man dumping all over me
slippyslappy: buy some diapers with that 2k you dumpy moron
-HxC-: Sorry I thought a broke bitch said sum
-HxC-: Didn't mean to trigger you there little man
slippyslappy: sorry im doing other things at the same time
slippyslappy: not sitting here rubbing a poo poo filled diaper like you constantly
-HxC-: No you're going to a piss filled forum running your mouth
-HxC-: While. Still getting walked all. Over here
-HxC-: How's the hospital food
-HxC-: Send em a telegram
slippyslappy: lmao 2.5bil
slippyslappy: it wont even take me till year 3 to pass you
slippyslappy: sad
-HxC-: Cool
-HxC-: Do it
-HxC-: I've done more i this game than you ever will pop
slippyslappy: took 17 months to get 800 mil
slippyslappy: lmao
-HxC-: You also play a different game than I played when I started so yet agsin not something to brag about need better material
slippyslappy: in the last 17 months ive gotten what
slippyslappy: almost 2bil?
-HxC-: Sitting in a spoon fed faction it's not an accomplishment talk to wm when you actually do something
-HxC-: Yea it even that hate to break it to you I don't train
slippyslappy: yeah its obvious
-HxC-: To many other things to do in game
slippyslappy: you waste your e like a moron
-HxC-: You okay the game like a moron
-HxC-: And you'll never catch me not even hiding in tus
-HxC-: 1 decison and I sell ally factions dump secs and fhcs in SA and I'm the next miro or. Nabisco sitting on something like 100b in with of factions easily
-HxC-: So Yea stats mean Jack poo poo
slippyslappy: ive gained over double the stats you have since that last spy 17 months ago lmao
-HxC-: You're thick as f**k or retarded I'm not sure which
slippyslappy: and that includes the poo poo gain pre cap
Last message: 02:41:25 - 01/12/20 TCT

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I can do that name change, sure. Enjoy!

another byob success story. i'm claiming this for byob and you can't stop me!!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I love it when pubbies get defensive over the amount of time and attention they've spent being maximally butthurt by goons, spending all their resources grinding them to dust while at the same time the goons just don't give a flying gently caress.

A+ trolling keep up the good fight :zpatriot:

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

I never played this but I deeply appreciate how loving riled up you have all managed to get the pubbies to be. Just looking at this game it looks like a dumpsterfire with non-existent balancing, and as a result it means that high level players blow more of their money, resources and time just to attack lowbies so really it seems like they're playing themselves by engaging in such a petty vendetta for some nerd's wife's e-honor. Keep up the good work.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Lux Animus posted:

I love it when pubbies get defensive over the amount of time and attention they've spent being maximally butthurt by goons, spending all their resources grinding them to dust while at the same time the goons just don't give a flying gently caress.

A+ trolling keep up the good fight :zpatriot:

I mean, 17 year sunk cost fallacy

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
The amount of salt radiating from these pubbies has me interested

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Usenet Magic-User posted:

The amount of salt radiating from these pubbies has me interested

Do you enjoy smashing your genitals with a ball-peen hammer?

In other news, 3 overnight mugs, a message, and a chat request later, Mamiroe (wife who was mug 20k) absolutely lost her marbles.

I guess they've never had to haggle before?

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

God I used to play this in the early 2000's. I'm up for generating pubbie tears by just existing. App sent as Fat_and_Useless.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

So if we get more members then they waste more time, energy, and resources putting them in the hospital, right?

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Fat and Useless posted:

God I used to play this in the early 2000's. I'm up for generating pubbie tears by just existing. App sent as Fat_and_Useless.

sorry i accused you of being an obvious spy! in my defense: i keep playing this game so i must be p dumb

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

RudeCat posted:

So if we get more members then they waste more time, energy, and resources putting them in the hospital, right?

They also accelerate the faction destruction instead of making them commit to this bullshit for months

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Joined Goons and within a minute got attacked.

10/10

Mission complete!

edit: and again!

edit 2:

and again!

That being said if I'm doing more harm than good with my level 1 rear end being attacked, boot me.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Dec 1, 2020

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Fat and Useless posted:

That being said if I'm doing more harm than good with my level 1 rear end being attacked, boot me.

Definitely do not worry about that lol

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...
harm... good... these terms mean nothing in Torn

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

this game wont be much fun if you just sit in hospital forever.. but then again.. you're also wasting their big energy all over a mug and apparently "hide yo wife hide yo kids" gif is a direct attack on someone's children.

We already won torn.. Record breaking tears.. all starting with a 20k mug and then some ribbing when the salty guy kept taking it further and further.

My hope is that My one mug snowballs into a dirty bomb.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

I just can't believe people are wasting energy on attacking a level 1, yes I know I could play the game if I wasn't in goons but lol at playing the game I did that 16 years ago.

edit:

edit 2: I don't even think this is the game I was playing way back when, similar but not enough hookers and meth.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Dec 2, 2020

Vizzerdrix
Nov 17, 2014
Nice raids you got going there. I'm already settled in a faction but just wanted to pop in and say hi (cz4r on Torn).
Would suggest flying to far away places as much as possible or self-hospitalizing by doing warehouse arsons (if you don't have the NNB to succeed in the crime that is) and turning off your revives to slow down the respect loss. SEDs are a decent option for self-hosping as well but pricy. You could also (if you have it) zero your faction's OD chance reduction perks and try to OD on Xanax for the super long hospital time but that's super unreliable and honestly a lovely option all round.
It'll take months before your faction is zero'd but the faster they get bored of hitting you the better unless you're planning on buying a new shell for your faction.
Most people active on the forums there don't actually have any interest in reading and processing anything that isn't supporting their point of view btw, it's like trying to converse with a wall.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

honestly im a little disappointed that they were able to go from 16 to 21 because now i really want them to reach 25 (to get to a nice round number and be a harder record to beat)

edit: also, first post in almost 5 years, really? lol

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Dec 2, 2020

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Vizzerdrix posted:

Nice raids you got going there. I'm already settled in a faction but just wanted to pop in and say hi (cz4r on Torn).
Would suggest flying to far away places as much as possible or self-hospitalizing by doing warehouse arsons (if you don't have the NNB to succeed in the crime that is) and turning off your revives to slow down the respect loss. SEDs are a decent option for self-hosping as well but pricy. You could also (if you have it) zero your faction's OD chance reduction perks and try to OD on Xanax for the super long hospital time but that's super unreliable and honestly a lovely option all round.
It'll take months before your faction is zero'd but the faster they get bored of hitting you the better unless you're planning on buying a new shell for your faction.
Most people active on the forums there don't actually have any interest in reading and processing anything that isn't supporting their point of view btw, it's like trying to converse with a wall.

hello j4g goon! i invite you to come post in the secret planning forum here! there's no way for people to read what we're planning there if they don't have an account

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

biosterous posted:

hello j4g goon! i invite you to come post in the secret planning forum here! there's no way for people to read what we're planning there if they don't have an account

Please make sure you post a thread requesting access to torn material there.

Vizzerdrix
Nov 17, 2014

Colin Mockery posted:

honestly im a little disappointed that they were able to go from 16 to 21 because now i really want them to reach 25 (to get to a nice round number and be a harder record to beat)

edit: also, first post in almost 5 years, really? lol

wow you got me I'm a filthy lurker, just thought I'd post something that could potentially be useful since it'd be a shame to see the fac die

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Vizzerdrix posted:

wow you got me I'm a filthy lurker, just thought I'd post something that could potentially be useful since it'd be a shame to see the fac die

okay but please come post on BYOB, lurkers must post

also lmao we got "talking about sandwiches" banned in the torn thread, i'm so loving proud of this incredibly dumb accomplishment

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Why did sammiches get bannt

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

pubbies got mad that we started talking about sandwiches instead of how hard goons were getting stomped, and even more mad that other pubbies were joining in with sandwich chat.

now there's a separate thread for sandwich chat, though, and it wasn't even one of us that started it. we have made legit sandwich pals out of this, which is just such a delight. i'm so happy that we have found common ground with people by talking about delicious sandwiches.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
would it be viable to pool money, buy a cheap shitter faction, pretend swap to it, repeat ad nausem so you have internet crimes guys constantly hitting useless factions?

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
That would give them a sense that they're accomplishing something, and that's we can't let that happen.

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

That would give them a sense that they're accomplishing something, and that's we can't let that happen.

I know it was talked about during the War of Weed Aggression, but are we any closer to Order 69 going into effect? Or are we waiting on more ... "friends" in "high" "places"?

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

unoplank posted:

I know it was talked about during the War of Weed Aggression, but are we any closer to Order 69 going into effect? Or are we waiting on more ... "friends" in "high" "places"?

friendly reminder to limit all tactical discussions to the secret forum. check the Nuthatch thread if you have trouble finding the latest strategy!

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

honestly it was just a matter of time before we pissed off the right person and they ended the faction.

Should just kick everyone down to one member and reinvite when they get bored

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Khris Kruel posted:

honestly it was just a matter of time before we pissed off the right person and they ended the faction.

Should just kick everyone down to one member and reinvite when they get bored

We did that, but instead gave the faction to someone going inactive so they could camp out oversea and the faction could remain a monument.

Meanwhile, WillRoc and his diaperbuddies are still Very Mad that my profile makes fun of him:

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A DRUG INTO MY MOUTH. ITS XANAX AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I GO TO CHURCH AND START PRAYING ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, FATHER WILLIAMS. I SAY EVERY PRAYER AND I SAY EVERY PRAYER HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I REPENT FOR SOME SINS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP LITURGY. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY MAXED OUT TORN CITY'S HIDDEN LUCK BAR. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY FACTION AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN FACTION CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE SCRIPTURES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING COOLDOWN EVERY MORNIng

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...
speaking of prayers, Goons prayers finally paid off. We won the 150m, woohoo!

This will be great for speeding up the next phase of The Plan.

Apathetic Artist
Dec 23, 2010

unoplank posted:

speaking of prayers, Goons prayers finally paid off. We won the 150m, woohoo!

This will be great for speeding up the next phase of The Plan.

I was skeptical about Turnip, but I'm glad they reached out to us, heard our side of the story, and then declared us the winners of their little bet.

It's real nice to deal with a reasonably intelligent Torn player.

Extremely happen with what we've decided to do with the winnings! The Plan is so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

sometimes this game is good

(also lol the chin diaper doesn't count as a mask for game-mechanics purposes, that's a great touch)