Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

AEW has me sold on the PPV with idea they're gonna do dumb poo poo all over arena and there's an 8 year old child inside of me that always wanted to do ninja flips on those concourses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if someone isn't thrown into the upper deck pool AEW should be shuttered immediately

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I thought it was stupid when Kenny sold for a jobber and I’m glad Jericho didn’t that’s a good correction of one of their very few flaws.

I still don’t think paying over 10 bucks for a PPV with no crowd is worth it but I lost my job and have no money anyway. I bought every AEW show before this one .

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
jericho did sell though

eat my fuc

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

if you're making promo videos for someone they're not exclusively a jobber

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

could you think of a better pool to bump into, i couldn't

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Brodie Lee berating Dasha for not saying the lines right is incredible.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

THERE IS A POOL.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Oh poo poo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Suge showing up like was loving great. I was still dancing when he died. I hope he comes back and they at least have him do media.

Suge's another example of just how jam packed the indies are even with WWE suctioning off a bunch of names. And even better is that if AEW can pick up more guys like Suge. There's already tons of dudes that'll grow into the spots US indies need to thrive. I doubt things will ever get back to the protectionism era of the territories tho.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
the easy thing is to have pineapple pete get one over on jericho during the stadium stampede

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Judas Effect is still the most deadly move in the history of human combat, one Judas Effect was enough to stop Suge D right in the middle of his flurry of offense.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gonna become a Jags fan so I can someday go in that pool

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah i wonder how the stampede will work, cuz it really feels like Pete will be needed. Cody will be busy with Lance, Nick is still only at 60%, Hangman doesnt seem like he'd go, tertiary elites like mox, darby, and colt are already booked... Unless Matt and Adam do show up and then they'd only be down one.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

cutler and avalon count as one member in the rulesbook.

Number 8
May 12, 2020

by Athanatos
i think the Stampede is gonna be IC vs Matt Hardy + Adam/Kenny and The Bucks, but I'm open to Pete somehow getting slotted in because Nick still isn't ready.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NienNunb posted:

Gonna become a Jags fan so I can someday go in that pool

Seriously, I have no interest in football but that pool beckons me.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://mobile.twitter.com/shidahikaru/status/1260755609626034176

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Alaois posted:

could you think of a better pool to bump into, i couldn't

Jesus that looks miserable. I can't imagine a worse way to watch a game.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Shard posted:

Jesus that looks miserable. I can't imagine a worse way to watch a game.

Try being a lions fan!

D'hohohoohohoho

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Try being a lions fan!

D'hohohoohohoho

Cleveland Browns

God as an Australian how is it i can see from across the world Cleveland fucks up every sports team they have. LeBron fell into their lap even and he still couldn't get any help.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Look, our state is just Very Bad. It's why we have been the most successful at escaping this planet.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
You do have Jon Moxley

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lid posted:

You do have Jon Moxley

DO YA?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Lid posted:

You do have Jon Moxley

pretend i edited the mox jailbreak video but the walls of the jail are labeled "ohio"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cincinnati gave us Jon Moxley and Brian Pillman

Cleveland gave us Dolph Ziggler

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you can count the miz also

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cincinnati also gave us BJ Whitmer though

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Lid posted:

Cleveland Browns

God as an Australian how is it i can see from across the world Cleveland fucks up every sports team they have. LeBron fell into their lap even and he still couldn't get any help.

Have you heard of this place called Buffalo?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Lid posted:

Cleveland Browns

Professional sports players, especially NBA players, do not want to play in Cleveland. Ohio as a whole has been devastated by end-stage capitalism and shifting shipping lanes.
The Cleveland Browns are also the 2nd worst-run sports franchise in the United States. Maybe the worst. Depends on your opinion of the Knicks, a franchise so poorly run it can't lure NBA players to New York.

Number 8
May 12, 2020

by Athanatos

Hirez posted:

Have you heard of this place called Buffalo?

my best friend was a huge Bills fan during the bowl losing streak lol, it was brutal to watch

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
in other sad sports towns, Quebec City lost their team to Colorado who won the cup that year.

Buffalo has never won anything, lost to a skate in the crease in a stanley cup final; lost 4 superbowls IN A ROW

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Vanguard 1 died so that Vanguard Deux may live.

EDIT: Avs winning in first season was the best thing ever to a hockey fan in Colorado. Sorry Nordiques.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

Cincinnati also gave us BJ Whitmer though

Has Dolph Ziggler ever given the world a match as good as the Whitmer vs Jacobs cage match?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I Before E posted:

Has Dolph Ziggler ever given the world a match as good as the Whitmer vs Jacobs cage match?

Dolph has never even given the world a match as good as the Whitmer and Maff vs Punk and Steel street fight that ended in a chair riot.

gently caress that was cool.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:rip: Pineapple Pete, pouring one out for a real one :(

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rarity posted:

:rip: Pineapple Pete, pouring one out for a real one :(

His mistake was accepting the Pineapple Pete name. In so doing, he became the jobber Jericho wanted him to be. He will come back as Sugar Dunkerton and get his revenge.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

So was it just the Fite feed that had nine ads for Cagefighter or did everyone get that?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

You're welcome.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Hirez posted:

in other sad sports towns, Quebec City lost their team to Colorado who won the cup that year.

Quebec (the entire province) got extra wrecked since the Montreal Expos were looking real good in the 1994 pennant race before the strike happened.

At least the Canadiens won the Stanley Cup in the 93 season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Dolph has never even given the world a match as good as the Whitmer and Maff vs Punk and Steel street fight that ended in a chair riot.

gently caress that was cool.

Or the Whitmer vs Steve Corino fight without honor that ended with Kevin Sullivan running in.