Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

"Ah, Chess. The eternal Game of Fools" *sips chocolate wine*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

That guy, he's a real JASCP. ("Just Another Smoothbrained Chess Player")

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Doctor Dogballs

Sorry, Chess players, but life can't be reduced to an 8x8 grid. Real smartoe's limit their game-playing to Monopoly and the Bioshock video game series

----------------
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Escape From Noise

Doctor Dogballs posted:

Sorry, Chess players, but life can't be reduced to an 8x8 grid. Real smartoe's limit their game-playing to Monopoly and the Bioshock video game series

I'm sorry but Monopoly is less a game and more of a twisted and agonizing punishment wrought by an angry and vengeful god.

Escape From Noise

3D chess, for people too dumb for chess

posting smiling
when i see a chess player i pity them twice over. an emotionally immature adult, still playing with toys, and a luddite stuck in the dark ages, too dull to reap the rewards of humanity's progress.

when i see someone texting on their phone i praise them twice. they are keen to engage with the fellow minds of their generation, and they are harnessing the cutting edge of human technology to do so.

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
I actually ordered the HAG Tribute Chess Edition (2019) from Fischer chess world cup. :>

<3 <3 Vanisher

nut

I knew something was wrong when this “timeless” game supposedly has a special move called, “lookie lookie where goes the rookie”

cda

by Hand Knit
Castles can't move, dumb rear end

nut

me to my computer at the end of the Wikipedia article: wow okay so you can’t even end a game outside Australia also here in gods country we call the little pieces shrimps thank you very much

FutonForensic

you, a chess player, can only see the world in black and white. that makes you racist. I look around this room and see everyone in the colors of the rainbow: the ochre of the Oriental. the umber of the Eskimo. the spoiled milk off-white of the conniving Luxembourgian

nut

FutonForensic posted:

you, a chess player, can only see the world in black and white. that makes you racist. I look around this room and see everyone in the colors of the rainbow: the ochre of the Oriental. the umber of the Eskimo. the spoiled milk off-white of the conniving Luxembourgian

biosterous

FutonForensic posted:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Macnult

listening to classical music with my eyebrows arched as high as possible while i take a "what's your chess playstyle?" quiz

nut

me while adjusting my kangol hat in the park to a small audience: you see the king only thinks he is the most important piece, but in reality the most important piece is your mind

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

i learned chess from that scene in the Wire now i just go around knocking over people's checkers games and schooling them

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Macnult

opting to be the bad boy of chess by mastering the bongcloud opening

Top 10 Reasons to Play the Bongcloud posted:

10. Your current repertoire is too drawish.
9. You want to avoid the reams of theory needed to play the Najdorf or QGD by selecting an opening with less published thought.
8. "Everything is playable at the club level."
7. You are devoted to a de la Maza tactics regimen and don't want to waste time studying openings.
6. You are intimidated by openings with hard-to-pronounce names like Bogoljubov-Indian, Scheveningen Sicilian, Trompowsky, and Konstantinopolsky
5. Your current repertoire is too well-known in your club and you want to surprise your opponents.
4. You can't afford the full version of ChessBase and want an opening where all known games will fit in ChessBase Light's 32,000-game limit.
3. You're interested in an opening for which no GM or IM has published a refutation.
2. You’ve noticed that while dozens of people have published “Anti-Sicilian” books, there are far fewer “Anti-Bongcloud” books.
1. You’re high as a kite.

Macnult

*chuckles* did you just call it ELO? It's Elo, actually. Eeeeelow. Arpad Elo. It's a name.

FutonForensic

chess player: yeah I've been playing the ol chess for a while, memorized a few opening moves that'll really freak you out, haha

me: [mentally projecting the billions of Go moves i could make to obliterate this nerd]

Doctor Dogballs

Chess is 0% skill, 50% memorizing a bunch of combos, and 50% intentionally having breath bad enough to force your opponent to straight up concede

----------------
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Doctor Dogballs

Chessboxing: the only sport that gives you worse brain damage than boxing

----------------
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

cda

by Hand Knit

Doctor Dogballs posted:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

cda

by Hand Knit
strange guy: i want to get dumber in an exrtremely specific way until i am so dumb that i cannot care for myself, i poo poo and piss everywhere, and i flee to colombia and do a podcast about conspiracy theories that are true

me: my man have you heard about chess

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
two gusuys getting into a bar fight except instead of punching eacvh other theyre just jumping aroudn going "KNIGHT TO QUEEN SIX" and stuff until they die of dehydration

----------------

cda

by Hand Knit
yall see the video of that tall skinny motherfucker absolutely nail this brawling dumbass with a roundhosue kick? it was very cool and better than chess

----------------

Heather Papps

hello friend

aleister crowley, walking into a chess tournament: "oh no, these guys are losers. just the biggest nerds - i could dress up like a wizard and still be cooler than these... wait... wait a minute..."
*puff of smoke and speed lines in the direction of the nearest seamstress*

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
but battle chess on the amiga was good because of the variety of kill animations tho hth.

Heather Papps

hello friend

an illustration of which games are good, with the scary red monster representing every other game in existence, and the blue idiot representing chess

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

nut

me whispering to grand master: the knight is actually the thing that rides the horse

Doctor Dogballs

Heather Papps posted:

aleister crowley, walking into a chess tournament: "oh no, these guys are losers. just the biggest nerds - i could dress up like a wizard and still be cooler than these... wait... wait a minute..."
*puff of smoke and speed lines in the direction of the nearest seamstress*

lol

----------------
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Escape From Noise

Doctor Dogballs posted:

:ms:

Escape From Noise

Why is the holy man the horniest chess piece?

Escape From Noise

Every time I see the title to this thread I read it in my head like Orson Welles shouts "AaaaaAAAAAH! The French...champagne!" in those outtakes of for the commercials he did for Paul Masson winery.

Edit: I was just reading the Wikipedia entry on Paul Masson and holy. poo poo

Wikipedia posted:

WineryEdit

Masson shifted part of his production to the Santa Cruz Mountains above Saratoga, California and built his "chateau" on a knob overlooking the Santa Clara Valley in 1905. Now known as "The Mountain Winery", the Paul Masson Mountain Winery is on the National Park Service's National Register of Historic Places, though it ceased making wines in 1952. Instead, it serves as a conferencing and events venue - various events are held at the winery, such as concert series, weddings, and other special events. A famous chess tournament was held there annually for a number of years in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 15:21 on May 15, 2020

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Doctor Dogballs

Can you imagine you go on what was supposed to be a nice trip to a winery and have it spoiled by the presence of chess :barf:

----------------
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Escape From Noise

Roudy chessman hooting and hollering at my wife!

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

wearing a lampshade

cda posted:

two gusuys getting into a bar fight except instead of punching eacvh other theyre just jumping aroudn going "KNIGHT TO QUEEN SIX" and stuff until they die of dehydration

Doctor Dogballs

why do chess players have to buy ice?

cause they can't remember the recipe

I know this contradicts my stance that chess is just memorization but too bad, I like the joke

----------------
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

FutonForensic

Doctor Dogballs posted:

Can you imagine you go on what was supposed to be a nice trip to a winery and have it spoiled by the presence of chess :barf:

gah! there's a pawn in my merlot

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
they say chess is the game of kings, but it also has horses??

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
patiently explaining to the chess grandmaster that it is actually the pawn that is the most powerful piece on the board while i push all his other pieces off the board with my pawns.

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!