Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I made sure to pause and look up both before leaving the level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
The key to Rollin Deck in Roswell is to boneless and then air out of the QP BEFORE you get to the top of the ramp. It's counterintuitive because you feel like you need all the air you can get but you actually launch further and then you can spam for the Acid Drop. Not an exact science but try airing out as you hit that second little marking on the QP, below the coping.

Once you get the drop you just need to be quick on the revert and manny, turn just slightly to the right, air and level out on the QP and then grind the coping for a split second just to give you that little speed boost to manual up into the building.

If you're not getting enough speed, try airing out into the wall, wallplanting, and then acid dropping back into the QP you just aired out of. With full special it will give you all the speed you need, then it just comes down to timing your air. Rollin Deck was actually easier than I thought it would be once I learned those two things.

I had way more trouble getting the Ramp To Roof gap in Venice to register in order to do the Get There that makes you have to do Ramp To Roof, Canyon Gap, and Touchdown! all in the same combo. It's like a coinflip whether the gap registers at all

barnold fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 4, 2020

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe

History Comes Inside! posted:

I forgot to grab the VV while I was in there for the alien and had to do it again, sure hope you didn’t do that!

Spent more tries than I'm proud of before finally getting back into the volcano. Turns out the one I missed was at the Chopper Drop
:ughh:

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I consistently achieve scores within the top 2000 on park leaderboards so I thought was pretty good, but drat there are people out there scoring 10,000,000 point runs with the same level of ease that I take for granted pouring milk into a bowl of cereal.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I Got There in all THPS and THPS2 levels. Not sure I've ever been closer to breaking a controller out of frustration than going for Banana Bandana in the Bullring. Finding a way to poo poo an extra few units per second to be able to get the final hop up into the stands for the gap was killer

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I've resigned myself to the fact I just won't get the hard ones nor the silly scores. I've not got the skill nor patience to learn

The non hard set were enough for me

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Skarsnik posted:

I've resigned myself to the fact I just won't get the hard ones nor the silly scores. I've not got the skill nor patience to learn

The non hard set were enough for me

There’s definitely a few of the “hard” ones you can do if you can do all the non-hard ones. The normal Venice Beach took me longer than the hard NYC, and I did the hard Warwehouse without even realizing it because over the pipe -> holy poo poo is a combo I always tried to get in THPS1. You don’t even have to land in a grind after OTP, so there’s a lot of leeway in how you can do it

The Marseille hard challenge is obnoxious but not in a reasonable way. The best way to do it is starting it with going over the table and transferring out, which is probably not dev-intended since it doesn’t always register, and the box to box is super wonky in whether it registers or not. The rail 2 rail is obviously made for the physics of THPS2, because with max stats I sail right over it even coming out of a manual. Then, the dumpster gap has to be specifically jumping over it the long way for some reason. Absolutely obnoxious. I finally got it, but it took me the longest of any that I’ve actually completed so far

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

kingcobweb posted:

The normal Venice Beach took me longer than the hard NYC

Venice Beach is my least favorite map in the game, I have never been able to get a flow going.

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Too good for Jams, not good enough for Competitive.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Just a heads up, the epic games client cloud saves system doesn't actually work if you reinstall windows and you lose all your progress. Every email to support ended up with them telling me the "cloud service" actually requires me to back up my saves physically. Really bummed.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
After I realized that I've hit my celing, score wise, I deleted my save and started over again. I enjoy the game, but banging my head against a wall was getting tiresome.

It's not at all the same as losing a save tho.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I deleted my save and started fresh because I was loving around in a create-a-park and got a 100m combo, little did I know the game would consider it legit and plaster my profile with a "highest combo: 100m". I actually enjoyed the experience of going back because when I first played the game I didn't really understand any of the challenge stuff and kinda just mashed through all the prompts so on my replay I got to pay attention to all the stuff I was unlocking.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yeah I hate how it ignores cheats when recording your best score. So if I want to mess around, that's my best combo now.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'd delete my save but speed runs basically are just that anyway

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/VvisionsStudio/status/1318590352387964929?s=19

Looks like they fixed a lot of the finicky gaps as well. Wish it was crossplay cause all my Bros play on PC but oh well.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

woohoo, private parties! where's my PC goons at, let's get a lobby going sometime

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
This will become the ultimate chill and chat game.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

barnold posted:

woohoo, private parties! where's my PC goons at, let's get a lobby going sometime

I’m booked up this week but I am super down for this after.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

soggybagel posted:

This will become the ultimate chill and chat game.

on PS2 there used to be tons of free skate lobbies online where people would hook up their keyboard and just shoot the poo poo. it was awesome

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Since the patch made some gaps more stable I decided that I’d try and hit all the hard Get Theres for the trophy, starting with Roswell to get that lovely one out of the way.

I’ve managed all of THPS1 except for School so far, that long rear end manual to the kicker is an absolute fucker.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
So I can now see user created levels, but the way to do this is extremely janky. Go to search, and put in any letter and you'll get results, but you can't just browse all. The main page for created levels still only shows the ones that came with the game. Also it's laggy as hell going around the menus to look at created parks, and just overall a bad experience.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I finally managed School but gently caress the hard Get There on Bullring even more, I’ve tried at least 4 different lines that have worked for other people and every single one of them seems to involve more momentum than I can muster after the opening gap.

Edit: after a productive afternoon I’ve only got School II and Hanger left to do, then the grind to 100 :shepicide:

Edit edit: I Got There

Edit edit edit:

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 29, 2020

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
I haven't played this for a few weeks, and only ever dipped my toe into Create-a-Park parks, but this looks loving amazing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa7modBiZOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
New update tomorrow with Solo Tours (career mode replays with individual characters) and a bunch of stupid cross promotional items and DLC cosmetics.

I wasn't one of the people clamoring for the old career mode grind but it's cool that they listened to what people wanted and put it in. They also apparently added a bunch of new challenges which seems like an easy way to extend the replayability.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I think the idea behind the new challanges is to make reaching level 100 less of an insane grind (pun not-intended)
For refrence, if you look up the stats on PS4, THPS1+2 has one of the lowest platinum trophy clears ever, and a very large chunk of that comes from needing level 100 to get it.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
They also said they're adjusting the rate that you gain experience and cash on top of the new challenges, so I'm pretty glad for it. I do wonder what's to come after this next update, but I would be fine with what we've got since there's so much already.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Haha I sure am glad they’re adding new ways to get xp/changing the xp rate after I already did the grind for the platinum!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You deserve it for having gaming brain rot. It's not like there was anything cool locked behind level 100. Just play the game normally and you'll get it eventually.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Went from 75 to 79 on the THPS1 Forbidden Connector challenges and some of the THPS2 ones. Level 100 through normal play sounds reasonable now.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Welp, there goes the hope of THPS3 DLC or even a sequel using this amazing engine.

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1352703818790793216

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

what the gently caress

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

gently caress

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Wow, that is somehow worse then just outright killing the studio

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

See you in 15 years for the next revival I guess.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I can't wait for some rear end in a top hat at Activision to think "That Tony Hawk thing worked out a couple years ago, let's try that again" in a few years and shovels it off to some studio that isn't capable of doing it and doesn't use the engine they made for 1+2.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Can't they just make it a blizzard game. I will skateboard even if it's as a warcraft character

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

Can't they just make it a blizzard game. I will skateboard even if it's as a warcraft character

I dunno are you okay with unlocking Arthas as a hidden skater, that like grinds on Frostmourne for a special
wait I am actually talking myself into this idea

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
instead of stat points you find more gear scattered around the levels

hmm yeah this would own actually

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I dunno are you okay with unlocking Arthas as a hidden skater, that like grinds on Frostmourne for a special

it's been done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGDPgDc6dn8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Orange Crush Rush posted:

There must always be a lip king