Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

TheSlutPit posted:

That’s sort of weirdly aggro, but you know, maybe you’re right. Who’s to say really lol. I guess like many of the dirtbag-left-adjacent podcasts it just fills some niche of flawed, immature, but sort of funny friends you had a decade ago but wouldn’t necessarily want to be around anymore regularly. The glaring thing here is that I think both the hosts are in their 30’s and just lmao at actually still being that way.
I hate listened to this podcast for a couple months but I just can't do it anymore. They are so freakin self righteous. Yeah, you are right. They do remind me of this sort of grad student persona who would compensate for their absolutely ill-earned privilege with being an rear end in a top hat. The only reason I think I listened so long is I got to pretend I was their even more self righteous friend again listening to them go off at a party while thinking "at least I'm not him".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

my experience with red scare is momentarily enjoying the cumtown/chapo/redscare circuit for a few months before realizing although they are all super hip and cool in extremely online leftist circles i'd rather not hang out with anybody irl who listens to them.

i enjoyed red scare for the way they'd talk like pretentious privileged grad students in that half of what they said was on point and good and then half was absolutely horrific. it was some operant conditioning. but like, i think red scare and co. are a good learning curve in that just because everybody who seems cooler than you online is digging them - it doesn't mean you are dumb for 'not getting them'. they remind me of my early 20s when i went to lovely punk gigs just to hang out with the cool kids until i finally realized trust punks suck and you can just - leave the gig.

e; death is around the corner is a very good podcast however and i kind of resent how closely associated with chapo it is.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Boywhiz88 posted:

Anna is more reactionary but they’re both p left. They do make statements ironically and sarcastically.
They do that thing where they say they are leftists but then go on to be pretty right wing most of the time under the guise of irony.