Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

I listened for a few months back in mid-late 2019 and got bored. They’re pretty funny once you get over the voices, but the gimmick plays itself out pretty quickly and I only rarely listen to the newer eps (ie when I am very bored). It’s hilarious how they can switch gears from stealing from sephora to foucault or zizek and then back again in a single thread of thought. It really reminds me of my cool but abject, misanthropic grad student friends in my early-mid 20’s. That said, the most interesting and notable thing about this pod is how divisive it is, and how it makes a particular crowd of leftist media/twitter people insanely mad just by existing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Your friends weren't cool, lol.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Guys me and my friends are were just so smart it made us rude and dislike people, we were so loving cool. Like a group of Gregory Houses, but like for real.

That’s sort of weirdly aggro, but you know, maybe you’re right. Who’s to say really lol. I guess like many of the dirtbag-left-adjacent podcasts it just fills some niche of flawed, immature, but sort of funny friends you had a decade ago but wouldn’t necessarily want to be around anymore regularly. The glaring thing here is that I think both the hosts are in their 30’s and just lmao at actually still being that way.