Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I have always assumed the Vulcans saw their weak galactic position and made the only logical move; uplift a species of amenable, if violent and short sited shorter lived people and mold them into being basically their dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pick posted:

omg we're the krogan lol

I thought you read my episode pitch exploring this very idea!!!

By creating a "federation" but built on Vulcan ideals, the Vulcan get tons of inbuilt legal and cultural advantages while offsetting other species ire on the humans, who conveniently, don't mind dying en masse to control space rocks and don't live long enough naturally to out maneuver Vulcan institutions. Vulcan in the show is treated a lot like monarch of a constitutional monarchy, they don't do much, get tons of tourism and respect, special treatment for even their failure children, and nobody blames them for what admirals and politicians get up to.

The important thing to this whole scenario is that humans are the only main space faring civ we've seen who would be ok with this, thats why they were chosen. Its all so, logical.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tulip posted:

I figure the Andorians would also go along with that, right?

Andorians are shown in TOS and Enterprise as fighting against Vulcans, and not needing to be uplifted to have space travel either, so I think that rules them out. The Vulcan plan is two step; you need a mean son of a gun to be your guard dog but you also want one that feels like it owes you forever in a way it can't repay.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finally, its time for a gritty reboot of DS9 where it shoots a missile barrage once an episode and the captain says gently caress

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tulip posted:

Garak will just be Jack Bauer.

Oh goodness he absolutely would be.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

<phasers a romulan ambassador in the middle of saying "its a fake"> "I need a hacksaw! NOW!"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

oh but seriously I posted:

i always wonder about the worm's personality. surely they've got their own poo poo going on

Find a replacement host, eat up this ones nutrients in the meantime, post updates to their group chat for their D&D campaign.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Symbiont4Host: Looking for high-energy host to continue career as starfleet ambassador. Must be a self-starter, interested in new experiences, and love travel. Will receive a high rank post in starfleet as compensation, as well as several liftimes worth of memories of ferengi erotica

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Move Along Home is my favorite DS9 episode because I live for trash