Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

the one where obrien brilliantly escapes jem hadar capture but bashir orders him to stay because he wants to play benevolent doctor for a group of people who will kill them anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Verviticus posted:

basically the entire cast of ds9 is supercompetent at their respective fields except worf and sisko which i guess is the opposite of tng where i feel like picard was the superhuman and everyone else was alright, except worf

sisko is my favourite captain but whatever his skills other than leadership are, they arent really used other than him cooking, beating poo poo up and occasionally talking about ship design

Worf just wants to shoot everything all the drat time.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Taintrunner posted:

how the gently caress did barclay not get shitcanned for being a fuckin' creep who abused the holodeck to live out his pervert man fantasies

Tsaedje posted:

'cause then they'd have to shitcan Geordi for doing the same

Reg at least kept it private

Barclay and Geordie have access to Riker's holodeck logs...

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I'm watching the threads titular episode rn

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I never really liked his singing, a tad nasal.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Worf is dumb as hell and his adherence to Klingon honor and whatnot has ruined his entire house. Idk how big a Klingon house is but worf ruined the lives of idk dozens of people just so he could do the honorable thing without ever even consulting them or taking them into consideration at all.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jeffrey Combs owns and he kills it in all the roles he plays. He also plays liquidator Brunt and that rich pervert who wants to gently caress Kira in the holosuite. He also plays Shran, the andorian commander in Enterprise real well.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

FunkyAl posted:

Is Jadzia Dax in Stovokor, rotting in some kind of kilingon hell, contained in the dax symbiote, or trapped in some sort of brutal limbo between all three and the trill afterworld?

"I'm an engineer, not a philosopher." -- Miles Edward O'Brien

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It's just jadzia just like in the mirror universe

Was it ever mentioned if hosts keep the symbiont's memories after it has been removed?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Nebakenezzer posted:

Similarly, it always irked me slightly that the Vorta are described as having no aesthetic sense, and I'm sure that's impossible for an intelligent being

Have you seen the clothes they wear? Or the makeup?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Polaron posted:

I always got the impression that the Vorta we see in the show are very, very different from the race they were before the Founders got their hands on them. Assuming such a race even existed and they weren't just created from scratch.

In the episode where weyoun 5(?) defects he explains the origin story of the Vorta, they were created from monkeys.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

PurplieNurplie posted:

I knew DS9 was going to be special during the pilot, where Brooks just delivers the hell out of "we can't just lEaVe her!!!"

His anguished scream after he says that still haunts my dreams.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Star trek was full of dads who wanted to kidnap their children to undergo some ridiculous ritual or keep them away from their mother for 16 years or to straight up kill them to hide their shame (looking at you, Dukat).

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Schadenboner posted:

The one where Jake squanders a whole life to find a way to bring back he dad was real .

That one has me bawling every time no joke I ain't ashamed to admit

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Who wouldn't want to own a copy of A Visit with the Pleasure Goddess of Rixx

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Yeah I had to look that up

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Well Worf can bluff his way through any game with that intimidation score.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

lol

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

That's why I really like the section 31 episodes. Because for all the federations grandstanding and holier than thou attitude, sometimes you just need to get nasty. And everyone in the admiralty is willing to just look away while they oh idk commit genocide.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Which Trek culture is it that can't provide healthcare but can blow up the everloving poo poo out of anyone in the galaxy?

Klingons but without the honor.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

If you break your back you should just get someone to stab you to death.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

YOU! The one who is moving now. ANSWER ME!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Is that the same book where Bajor decides to gently caress it and worship the Pa Wraiths, and become a galactic superpower so strong it makes Q throw up his hands and leave reality?

That part sounds p awesome tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

DS9 definitely got away with more poo poo because it was always the second show. First it was TNG then Voyager, they always flew a little under the radar which gave them some leeway.